• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz SS vs. Buzzz Pro D

HiFi

Double Eagle Member
So dumb question: Are these essentially the same discs? I know each plastic will fly a bit differently but they both say "0" on them. Thank you.

No, they are not the same discs. The Buzzz SS has a much flatter underside to the wing whereas the Buzzz is curved. Both brand spanking new, the D Buzzz should be more overstable than the Buzzz SS for a little while, then break into being on the understable side whereas the Buzzz SS tends to have a sweet spot around neutral to maybe a little understable.

I understand the difference between the Z Buzzz and the Z Buzzz SS, but I am specifically asking about the Pro D Buzzz which has a stability rating of 0, the same as the SS.

So my confusion is the regular Z Buzzz are at .5 as where the Pro D is at 0 but does not say SS, yet has the same stability rating as it. If that makes sense.

edit - If that is what you were talking about then my bad, but I just want to be sure you understand my question.

Last edited:
Don't get bogged down with ratings. There are many fine breweries in Michigan and it would be impossible for them to rate discs accurately.

Like I said, when new a Z Buzzz SS and a D Buzzz will be pretty similar but the D Buzzz will differentiate itself pretty quickly with some good tree whacks.

Alright then maybe I will just go with the Z SS. I love the Z plastic but the D is half the price so I thought it might be worth checking first.

They aren't even the same mold. Have you ever felt them both? Like BrotherDave said, the Pro-D will be more stable at first until it is beat in.

Well, I mean what else are you working with? If you just want one mid do everything, the Z Buzzz SS will fit the bill longer but if you mostly throw like a Z or ESP Buzzz and want something to complement it, than you could go with the D Buzzz and not have to juggle an extra mold.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the Buzzz SS. It's a little faster than I like in stable-understable mid and if I threw Buzzzes I'd much prefer a beat to hell ESP Buzzz or X/D Buzzz to complement a Z.

Don't get bogged down with ratings. There are many fine breweries in Michigan and it would be impossible for them to rate discs accurately.

Like I said, when new a Z Buzzz SS and a D Buzzz will be pretty similar but the D Buzzz will differentiate itself pretty quickly with some good tree whacks.

Lol....michigan appreciates your understanding.
Now you know the real reason dc has 1# ratings ;)

They aren't even the same mold. Have you ever felt them both? Like BrotherDave said, the Pro-D will be more stable at first until it is beat in.
Like I said I know the regular Buzzz are supposed to be more stable but the stability ratings on the D and the SS are the same.

Well, I mean what else are you working with? If you just want one mid do everything, the Z Buzzz SS will fit the bill longer but if you mostly throw like a Z or ESP Buzzz and want something to complement it, than you could go with the D Buzzz and not have to juggle an extra mold.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the Buzzz SS. It's a little faster than I like in stable-understable mid and if I threw Buzzzes I'd much prefer a beat to hell ESP Buzzz or X/D Buzzz to complement a Z.
I'm using Z Buzzz right now but I'm getting too much hyzer out of it. I'm looking to use the SS as a replacement for my reg Z which I'm using for almost all shots 260 and under except putts. I want something a little more flexible (in terms of shots not plastic).

Lol....michigan appreciates your understanding.
Now you know the real reason dc has 1# ratings ;)
No problem. I figured that was as good a reason as any. :p
I'm using Z Buzzz right now but I'm getting too much hyzer out of it. I'm looking to use the SS as a replacement for my reg Z which I'm using for almost all shots 260 and under except putts. I want something a little more flexible (in terms of shots not plastic).
In that case I would just beat the crap out of your Z Buzzz and save some $$. Or get an ESP Buzzz and beat that to crap. If you absolutely need out of the box straightness right away then the Buzzz SS won't be a bad choice but if the Z Buzzz is hyzering badly you might want to look at something like a Meteor or Squall (or Axis, or Qms, or a plethora of other good mids).

the D Buzzz will differentiate itself pretty quickly with some good tree whacks.

That is a very true statement. I bought a D Buzz in hopes of using it as a turnover mid to pair up with my Glo-z buzz and wasp. One good tree strike has warped the disc completly. Current Pro D plastic is poop so its out of the bag and the Stingray is back in until I find something to replace it.

For 260 and under I think a comet would work better. In my experience, the Buzzz is a pretty fast mid and has a good bit of fade when thrown less than about 240ish.

I like the glide and distance of the Buzzz just fine for what I'm doing with it I just need something that is easier to throw an anhyzer with. Also my straight shots end up left so I think the SS will be my first test for a replacement.

I'm using Z Buzzz right now but I'm getting too much hyzer out of it.

So stop throwing it on a hyzer. Problem solved.

Oh, you mean you're getting too much FADE out of your Z buzzz?, then I'm assuming your new(ish) to DG. Keep throwing that Z buzzz, trust me. In time it will break in to an oh-so-sweet spot in about the time it takes you to be able to get good speed/spin discs. You can get an SS, and throw it as well as your regular Z buzzz. The reg Z will become your straight flyer and the SS will be your understable compliment to the Z buzzz.

I don't see much difference in the fade of my Z Buzzz and my Z Buzzz SS.

I'd try a Comet. One of the straightest finishing discs out there. I think a lot of other discs I could suggest have a lot of turn to them.

I ended up buying a Z SS and there is definitely a difference between it and the regular Z Buzzz. The SS doesn't lose the same amount of distance at the end of it's flight from the hyzer, but at the same time it's causing me to overshoot the basket. I like the disc but the jury is still out on exactly what I'm going to be using it for. It is definitely the straightest flying disc in my bag that isn't a putter.

I had the debate a few months back between a comet and buzzz ss. After field testing a Z buzzz ss and an esp comet, I found the comet to be a straighter flyer. I still got a slight fade at the end with the buzzz and not so much with the comet. I also found the comet would hold a smooth, slow anhyzer if cranked on a little more. If your not sure what to do with the buzzz, try an esp comet. A little more costly since they are oop, but well worth the $20. The comet is very versatile and now my go to midrange.

Latest posts