• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] C-Line DD

sidewinding

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Has anyone tried one of these. My theory is that this disc will truely be a faster TeeBird. Many discs claim this already but none really deliver. Dismania's website says the disc was going to hit the market last week but every online store I have talked to says they've never heard of it. WTF?

Given my experience with P and S DDs, I don't think it will fit the faster teebird mold. Too much fade on that disc.

I have never thrown the DD or PD, but from reading about them on here and DGR, the PD seems to be the almost unanimous winner for longer Teebird. But that just from reading, not from experience.

Have you tried the PD? That tends to behave like a faster Teebird...though, in general, the faster discs will have more fade so keep that in mind. PDs seem to need a little seasoning to get into that glidy, straight flight.

The dd was just released overseas according to discmania.its been availablr on this side of the pond. Discnation has had these prob for the past 3/4 weeks. Theyre like a more stable champ wraith. Prob close to the older wraith x's / teerex x's

If u want a longer teebird. Get a spd,its lile a teebird and eagle put together

Based on flight characterisics of the TeeBird (7, 5, 0, 2) My theory is that like a Champion TeeBird that has to be beat a little before it flies dead straight, the C-Line DD (11, 5, 0, 2) in Champion plastic will fly very similar but with more distance potential. I don't like the eagle like flights with an early turn and then a strong fade at the end. I like dead nuts straight, very torque resistant, zero turnover, straight finish (no pun intended).

Now if I could just get my hands on one. Discnation does not have them and had never heard of them when I called them. They are checking into it.

Based on flight characterisics of the TeeBird (7, 5, 0, 2) My theory is that like a Champion TeeBird that has to be beat a little before it flies dead straight, the C-Line DD (11, 5, 0, 2) in Champion plastic will fly very similar but with more distance potential. I don't like the eagle like flights with an early turn and then a strong fade at the end. I like dead nuts straight, very torque resistant, zero turnover, straight finish (no pun intended).

Now if I could just get my hands on one. Discnation does not have them and had never heard of them when I called them. They are checking into it.

umm ive seen them there. not sure if theyre in the warehouse because the warehouse inventory is diff from the store inventory. ive seen them in store because i asked my buddy zj.

anywho..when i say eagle/teebird ..the pd has the HSS of the tb and the LSS of an eagle making it very straight. i need to let you throw one of mine. i have one super beat and its so buttery.

it can handle winds. you saw me throw my c line in those monster winds at osp and those are more stable than the s line.

Oh sweet. Discnation finally put them on their website. I'm gonna pick one up tomorrow and give it a shot.

@ Peebs I like to go by the numbers. When I take a crap I study disc flight charts and when I'm out on the course I see if the discs flights jive with the charts. Most of them are a pretty darn good indication, especially Innova's. The Roc, TeeBird, and Aviar are very popular discs for a reason and it's probably because they have that killer combination of being HSS and not too LSS. If Innova is coming out with a new faster version of these discs then I want to try it. You can have your Pro Katana and I will throw my C DD. What's wrong with that? Will it be a meathook the first few times I throw it? Probably just like the new Nuke I got out of the mail today. Will it turn into a disc that I can throw a 350' lazer into a headwind? I hope so. I'll let you know.

only thrown a s-line dd, and it flew more like a wraith but it is slightly used. an opto striker is the closest thing to a teebird i have ever thrown

To me a Wraith flies somewhat like a longer TeeBird but has that little bit of high speed turn and then a little too much low speed fade. The Strikers I've had were advertised as a faster TeeBird but turned out to have not near as much HSS, especially into a headwind. I did not create this thread to ask which disc has been hyped as being a longer TeeBird. I already know that answer. I created this thread because I noticed that what I think and hope will be the true longer Champion TeeBird has just hit the market and I was actually kind of wondering why no one else seems to be excited about it like I am. I guess there have just been too many new molds come out in the last couple of years that everyone is numb to it. I am excited and will be throwing one tomorrow.

I have a first run S-DD and just this summer also bought a P-DD to see if it was glidier or less stable. As it turns out, not much so.

AFAIK, the first run S-DDs are notoriously glideless. 11,5,0,2 you say? I'd say my S-DD is struggling to have even 3 glide, and fades more than 2. The P-line is similar, just not quite as bad. The C-line I haven't tried yet, but I'm not setting my hopes high for it to be a miracle disc (which the PD already is! :hfive:).

Take the above with a grain of salt, because my form is probably too weak for the DD to really to what it's supposed to. (golf D ~300-330, max D ~380)

I will probably get one eventually though, if not for any other reason, then just because I am a Discmania Freak.

The FR S-DD's are indeed totally glideless, and I've also seen a couple of flat Hysteria stamped ones that were just as bad. All of the P-Lines I've seen and thrown have been domey though, and very glidey, right up there with Wraiths. I've also thrown a few domey Hysteria stamped S-DD's and they were just a bit less glidey than the P-Lines (about the same difference as between Star and Pro Wraiths) but more HSS and LSS, not too much so though.

Got one and have been tossing it for a few rounds. Just like everyone said. Less glide than advertised. More fade than advertised. Flies more like a Firebird than a TeeBird. Skips like crazy. This disc need to be in the skippiest disc thread. I'm going to keep throwing it and see if it beats in to anything useable. Definitely a great headwind driver, maybe one of the best on the market. You don't have to worry about this disc turning over on you.

Got one and have been tossing it for a few rounds. Just like everyone said. Less glide than advertised. More fade than advertised. Flies more like a Firebird than a TeeBird. Skips like crazy. This disc need to be in the skippiest disc thread. I'm going to keep throwing it and see if it beats in to anything useable. Definitely a great headwind driver, maybe one of the best on the market. You don't have to worry about this disc turning over on you.

I have a P-DD that I used to carry as a headwind compliment to my Wraiths, until I got my first no-patent star Wraith, then I just started carrying that. I still enjoy throwing that DD every now and then, but it's almost like it needs a headwind just to stay up in the air.

Just picked one of these up a couple of weeks back...it is used so might not fly like out of the box but flew very similar to a star wraith. Not as much fade as you would think

ordered a few pink cdd's. hopefully theyll season into what i want because ironically after i said what i said above,im now looki.g for wraith x's :/ . so i predict these to be better "wraith x's"

anybody else toss these ?

Just ordered a 175 from Disc Nation today, couldn't pass up the 20% off Black Friday coupon on the site. I'm hoping this disc fits perfectly into the slot between my PD and PD2. Discmania has basically taken over my bag with their great drivers. I throw my Frenzy, Chaos and Freak religiously.