• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Called aces pre shot?

One of the things I will never forget seeing.

A group of us were playing our local league on a Sunday afternoon. There is a hole on the course that is a true island hole. It is about 190 over water to land on a 35 ft. radius bit of land (there is a short peninsula to walk around to the basket). One of the men hit the front of the rim on his ace run. His son, about 9 years old, went to the junior tee that makes the shot about 110 ft. from a different angle. We were joking with his dad about missing it and his son making it to show him up. He proceeded to hit the shot off the tee. The excitement on both of their faces made the day unforgettable!

I called an ace and it was a BEAUTIFUL shot on the final hole. Disc flew true, right through the chains and hit the pole. Spit back through the chains and about 60' down the hill. Turned it into a 3..... So now, I just call an ace on every teepad, so that when it happens, I can say I called it.

None of mine were called. Most of my spit outs were called. Maybe I needa keep my mouth shut.

My son had his ace hit and spit out the day before. Next day he steps up, same hole, same disc, says something like this will stay in , ace, tees off, and nails it. Valk on Hole 8, short placement, Pueblo City Park.

Haha I definitely called my shot once ...hit chains but ultimately ended up under the basket. Still haven't Aced yet. Hell it's only been a decade.