• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cam Todd Pro Basket Prototype

That is fine to say but when analyzing the data you have no idea what caused the scores to be the same or different. If you are going to do this on a massive scale for multiple years sure you could see an accurate trend. But counting actual putting stats would allow you to use a much smaller sample size.
If that were done, it should be a controlled putting stats comparison with the same set of putts thrown by multiple players to the new versus control target. It's up to the basket manufacturers to arrange such lab tests but I'm not sure they have the interest.

I'm sold. Should I ever have enough money to build courses, this is the basket I'll use.

I'm sold. Should I ever have enough money to build courses, this is the basket I'll use.

Seems to me to be in that $150 range with "indoor" quality material. Practice basket for sure with small and really small target, but I wouldn't put these outside in the elements

How do you know how it isn't outdoor quality

It's a hunch, based on the lightweight looking wide chain rack, along with the assumption that a practice basket wouldn't sell nearly as many at $200-300 as it would $125-175. It could be outdoor quality, but at a higher cost

Its got a pretty skinny pole, also. Unless that thing is steel, there is no way it would hold up on a course.

I sure hope Todd gets some compensation for his ideas, but the jpeg and video do not formally credit him...

Arroyo Vortex Basket

Guy here in Michigan designed exactly that. Mach X style chains mean they don't like soft putts and you've gotta get some stank on it, but for my style they catch phenomenally and I've never seen a single cut through. Plus, because of the design, they catch ace runs like nobody's business! They are at several parks here around West Michigan and I firmly believe they are the best baskets on the market. Hands down.

Concerning the reduced damage;

No nubs on the top of the cage or the top of the umbrella, no sharp points anywhere on the target.
Lite+Vortex.jpg

I got a chance to play on those baskets up at Mt. McSauba in Charlevoix, Mi (incredible course BTW), and I can attest that they are awesome. Catch extremely well and have been holding up to some incredible abuse and elements in Northern Mi. Some of the baskets have been smashed in a bit and dented due to falling trees/powerful northern storms, yet they are still standing and catching everything.

A nice addition to an already great course