• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Can Scott Stokely compete in the Open division against McBeth & Wysocki in 2015?

Stokely threw a 1092 round at Fountain during his peak rating period in 1999 at the Bob West which was the early name for the Memorial.

image.png

It would be a travesty if the TD didn't do it on purpose. How funny would it be if Paul couldn't keep his mental game up with a guy like Scott on his card.

I don't actually see that happening. What I would see happening is him and Scott sharing a laugh, because that's usually how rounds with Scott go.

If the Memorial follows recent practices, there will be a super group assembled for the first round for the media to follow.

That's exactly the reaction they seek. Rise above it , and when you encounter them, look them in the eye and say; "meh..."

Dude is too old to be presenting what I call the "alterna-teen" look. He is what we call..."trying too hard"... to be different and get attention like a two year old. He probably gets pissed when people stare him down too hard.

Let your personality do the talking, you can be an individual without having to draw negative attention to yourself by how stupid you look!

Stuff like this reminds me of BillyJoe from GreenDay...once you are over 40 you gotta move on from sadly trying to look like a 20 year old rocker. Just makes you look lame and creepy to say the least!

Dude is too old to be presenting what I call the "alterna-teen" look. He is what we call..."trying too hard"... to be different and get attention like a two year old. He probably gets pissed when people stare him down too hard.

Let your personality do the talking, you can be an individual without having to draw negative attention to yourself by how stupid you look!

Stuff like this reminds me of BillyJoe from GreenDay...once you are over 40 you gotta move on from sadly trying to look like a 20 year old rocker. Just makes you look lame and creepy to say the least!

Are any of us in a position to judge this guy? At the end of the day, we're playing a sport that most of the world doesn't know exists. The very best players that ever competed will not be recognized in name, or image by anyone outside of the community, nor a large majority of casual players.

Disc golf is a novelty to anybody outside of the disc golf community. I'd be more embarrassed to be seen in public with one of these fan boys wearing high socks, and some corny, brightly colored disc golf shirt, than I would with a guy with blue hair. At least the guy with blue hair isn't delusional enough to take himself seriously, or think he looks cool.

At the end of the day, it's people throwing Frisbees at metal contraptions. Even if you dedicate your life to it, and are fortunate enough to become the best in the world, who cares other than a few fan boys who follow it?

Are any of us in a position to judge this guy? At the end of the day, we're playing a sport that most of the world doesn't know exists. The very best players that ever competed will not be recognized in name, or image by anyone outside of the community, nor a large majority of casual players.

Disc golf is a novelty to anybody outside of the disc golf community. I'd be more embarrassed to be seen in public with one of these fan boys wearing high socks, and some corny, brightly colored disc golf shirt, than I would with a guy with blue hair. At least the guy with blue hair isn't delusional enough to take himself seriously, or think he looks cool.

At the end of the day, it's people throwing Frisbees at metal contraptions. Even if you dedicate your life to it, and are fortunate enough to become the best in the world, who cares other than a few fan boys who follow it?

Hey, I am telling the TRUTH as I see it. Only great grandmothers should have blue hair.

Make fun of me then, I dress for success out on the course. I wear bright shirts, bright socks and pimp white shoes. I enjoy looking good and feeling good when spending hours throwing Frisbees.

Here is what I spent on my Sunday rounds DG wardrobe...

Shirt: $60
Shorts: $65
Belt:$25
Underwear: $30
Socks: $18
Shoes: $100+

DiscGuy: get you some DD performence shorts. You can get TWO pairs for less than 60 bucks. Thank me later.

Thanks but I mostly wear Columbia, Izod and Pro Tour outer gear, Under Armour underwear, Swiftwick socks and FJ shoes.

Now I just need to get as good as my clothes so someone will give me the bro-deal on them. :D

Sorry for the slight derail here, I will shut up now.

Someone post some Stokley news...if there is any?

Last edited:
Hey, I am telling the TRUTH as I see it. Only great grandmothers should have blue hair.

Make fun of me then, I dress for success out on the course. I wear bright shirts, bright socks and pimp white shoes. I enjoy looking good and feeling good when spending hours throwing Frisbees.

Here is what I spent on my Sunday rounds DG wardrobe...

Shirt: $60
Shorts: $65
Belt:$25
Underwear: $30
Socks: $18
Shoes: $100+

To be honest with you, you could be judged negatively for nearly the exact same reasons you're judging Stokely. Maybe you're trying too hard to look good. I'm not bashing your tastes, just trying to make a point. BTW, who spends $30 on underwear?

Thanks but I mostly wear Columbia, Izod and Pro Tour outer gear, Under Armour underwear, Swiftwick socks and FJ shoes.

Now I just need to get as good as my clothes so someone will give me the bro-deal on them. :D

Sorry for the slight derail here, I will shut up now.

Someone post some Stokley news...if there is any?

I'm not sure if you know but they have this store called goodwill where you can get the same name brand stuff for about 95% cheaper... There's also this other place called Salvation Army... I bought a slightly used pair of waterproof keens there for $3

I'm not sure if you know but they have this store called goodwill where you can get the same name brand stuff for about 95% cheaper... There's also this other place called Salvation Army... I bought a slightly used pair of waterproof keens there for $3

Right on. I get almost all my DG clothing at Goodwill. It's almost insane to pay more somewhere else. I've got Columbia fleece, a Patagonia pull-over, a Lands End fleece vest, etc. Never paid more than $8 for anything. The only thing I won't buy there is shoes, and underwear. Oh, and sheets. Or a mattress.

Significant other posted on F/B what seems to be a "real" story 30 minutes ago, but looks like more crazy marketing of Scott....

If real - it's sadder than sad for the guy I knew, but I'm guessing / hoping it's not.

The really sad thing is if it's not true, it's a slap to people who have real mental health issues.

Let's see how this plays out, and I hope for the best.

Significant other posted on F/B what seems to be a "real" story 30 minutes ago, but looks like more crazy marketing of Scott....

If real - it's sadder than sad for the guy I knew, but I'm guessing / hoping it's not.

The really sad thing is if it's not true, it's a slap to people who have real mental health issues.

This gets more and more odd with each passing day...... :|

Really poor taste. It's like a publicity campaign run by 15 year olds with mild lead poisoning. Kind of sad that someone with a pretty cool place in disc golf history is having a "comeback" like this. If the Schtick were funnier or clever or just *better* it might be kind of cute.

Free country, but damn that's some puerile stuff.

Latest posts