• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Can you where a wrist wrap in a tournament?

TN Teebird

Par Member
Not sure if this is the right section to ask this.

I have a problem with the inside of my wrist. It's feels like a small sprain and it's been like this for years.

I can't wear a brace because it interfere's with my putting,but I can wear a wrist wrap like the boxers use keeps my wrist pain free during rounds when my wrist is sore.

My question is if I was to play a tournament,would I would be able to use it?

Yeah, I can't imagine what would happen to the masters+ population if they took away braces, wraps (or my walker).

You're fine.

Official Rules of Disc Golf said:

A. During a round, a player shall not use any artificial device that may directly assist in making a throw, except those devices that reduce or control abrasion to the skin (such as gloves, tape, bandages, or gauze) and medical items (such as knee or ankle braces). Placing an object as a directional aid is not allowed. An item such as a towel or a pad may be placed on the lie as long as it is not greater than one centimeter in thickness when compressed.

B. A device that is questioned by another player or an official is illegal unless it is subsequently approved by the Director.

C. A player shall receive two penalty throws, without a warning, if observed at any time during a round to be using an illegal artificial device. A player who repeatedly uses an illegal device may be subject to disqualification in accordance with Section 3.3 of the PDGA Competition Manual.

Yep :)