• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

cant improve for the last 3 years

I agree that fun>skills but theyre light plastic frisbees and almost everyone does have the potential to throw leos 400, we just dont have the mentality or dedication to go against what seems natural.

It will take time and lots of practice. I find that if I'm throwing hard I will miss lines and have a tough day but when I'm letting my body do all the work and staying smooth through the throw I get the distance and accuracy I need with way less effort.

I just hate seeing brand new players on the course only throwing 13 speed discs.

I just hate seeing brand new players on the course only throwing 13 speed discs.

Ya, they should get those Speed 14 Rampage/Cannon from Legacy :doh:

j/k

I removed all the high speed drivers from my bag, and surprisingly, it is a great time trying to throw my Buzzz 300 feet and my Breaker 250+. Not only does it feel good because I'm throwing a putter on holes I used to need a Vulcan to reach. The coolest thing about it is I am getting better again. I had a bit of a breakthrough doing Bradley Walker's Closed Shoulder Drill. Feel like I'm driving through my front foot better now, holding off on my shoulders turning longer, and I've re-aligned my release to get the maximum wrist extension. With all that reworked I'm starting to feel some "snap". My grip is tight at the point of the hit and the disc pops out with acceleration on that line. Gotta keep working on this, but the big thing to me is I'm starting to be cognizant of what my body is doing during the drive. Then I can tell better if I'm doing the right things because I know how far my Buzzz should go. I'd like to have a Video camera following me and adjusting on every form violation, but that isn't realistic.

I tried a few throws with higher speed Discs. I just got Ye Olde Discraft Flash in a Misprint pack - I can throw that thing 330+ with little effort. My Volt still goes a bit father when I hit it just right. Got a Champ Beast to go around 350. But I can't hold onto a Nuke tight enough to really get anything snap out of that yet - might have to adjust my grip when I go try faster drivers.

Anyway, don't stop having fun, but driving with the slower stuff has not sucked any fun out of the game, and is now making DG more fun because I feel like I'm improving.

Will somone who has a cannon arm post a video of them throwing in slow motion so i can compare?

Quality practice is better than quantity. If you throw one throw and learn something new, it's more beneficial than throwing 2000 throws and having shoulder issues.

Find your weaknesses and work on them. But most of all, have some fun.

Try to make practice fun. It's all about experimenting and being honest with what you do.

And then it's about 10000 more reps on each shot, the correct way, to become an expert.

Ive been playing for 5 years but the past 3 years ive hit a stand still with my game mainly distance but putting as well so im stopping playing. Courses that is and only temporary. Once i hit 400' in distance and 10 for 10 constantly at 25' putting then ill start playing again. I plan on throwing about 2000 drivers twice a week on open field practice with cones at 300, 350 and 400. For putting im gonna use discraft pro clinic better putting practice, Its gonna be really hard when my friends text/call me wanting me to play but ive gotta improve and if my banning myself its really gonna make me want to improve more. Is this a good idea? or is there some other way i can improve quicker?

First, I think you should realize there's probably a point at which you're not going to get any better. Eventually, you'll reach it, as will we all. Disc golf isn't just about improvement. Sometimes it's just fun to go play. The learning curve starts out steep and gradually becomes less so to the point where improvement is almost imperceptible at times, and depending on how you measure it, goes backwards a lot.

If I had to get better every time I went out, or even every year, I'd get depressed. The point isn't to get better, it's to have fun. He who has the most fun wins.

You see, now this is the problem I have. No matter how long I try and stick to this way of thinking, leopards are just not flying 400' for me. I don't get it.

Yea, me either. But a 137 Boss will go 400 feet for me. :)