• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Can't play and it's awful

Hey Juke, you are right. (Although big time sports players somehow get back into it twice as fast as regular folks lol)

I live pretty close to you. Munster, IN

Yeah, athletes have access to all those borderline shady "alternative" healing methods. ;)

Yep. We live about 45-50 minutes apart. Maybe we can get a round in at Rogers Lakewood in Valpo (almost halfway for both of us) when you get up and going again...

For sure Juke, would like that. I never got a chance to play @ valpo, but I hear it's one of the best courses around.

For sure Juke, would like that. I never got a chance to play @ valpo, but I hear it's one of the best courses around.

True dat. :D

I've got a grudge against that course because it always whips my ass and I leave loving it more and more each time.

I also forgot to mention that after the event happened (me destroying my achilles) I immediately went to the hospital, had an x-ray, and was diagnosed with a severe contusion. Two weeks later I had people telling me I shouldn't still be on crutches. I tried to walk, but it was literally impossible. I then went to see a bone doctor and that's when he did a five second test to determine my achilles was shot.

If you want to know what the back of your leg looks like, here I am 10 days after the surgery. *Warning - hopefully you aren't squemish.*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kQ5LLVrVa8

Linked to it because honestly I couldn't get it to embed right.

I had a complete medial head gastrocnemius tear on my right leg six weeks ago - the only thing holding my calf together was the achilles. I can greatly sympathize - I'm supposed to come out of the air cast TOMORROW!

I snuck out early though and threw my first round in six weeks on Fathers Day. Actually threw my single best 9-hole score!

Hang in there, I feel your pain.

Don't know if you're a tournament player or not, but I enjoyed helping run tournaments and being around those who could play, during my downtime & rehab. It kept me in touch. And a little sympathy from others doesn't hurt, either.

I had a complete medial head gastrocnemius tear on my right leg six weeks ago - the only thing holding my calf together was the achilles. I can greatly sympathize - I'm supposed to come out of the air cast TOMORROW!

I snuck out early though and threw my first round in six weeks on Fathers Day. Actually threw my single best 9-hole score!

Hang in there, I feel your pain.

It's crazy that you say the only thing holding the calf together was the achilles, because after it happened my entire leg was mushy. None of the muscles really worked and my quad is almost non-existent. After the surgery I could tell that the muscles are all connected again. The doc said he even harvested a piece of my calf to help make it stronger. (Yikes!)

--------

This summer would have been my first tournaments had I not done this, so I am not really in "the scene" around here. I will go film some of the pro worlds (first hole is probably where I'll sit) but that is the extent of my involvement with tournaments.

Currently my website is my only way of helping the disc golf community and some of my friends that play. I am pretty proud of it and it probably would have never come about had I not had this injury, so we'll see what happens. Site should be online and ready to go a little later tonight.

It's crazy that you say the only thing holding the calf together was the achilles, because after it happened my entire leg was mushy. None of the muscles really worked and my quad is almost non-existent. After the surgery I could tell that the muscles are all connected again. The doc said he even harvested a piece of my calf to help make it stronger. (Yikes!)

--------

This summer would have been my first tournaments had I not done this, so I am not really in "the scene" around here. I will go film some of the pro worlds (first hole is probably where I'll sit) but that is the extent of my involvement with tournaments.

Currently my website is my only way of helping the disc golf community and some of my friends that play. I am pretty proud of it and it probably would have never come about had I not had this injury, so we'll see what happens. Site should be online and ready to go a little later tonight.

Definitely link us up when it's running!

Well, a couple of people were asking for the website add, so I guess I will post a linky.

This has only been a week long in development, and is actually quite the pain to work with. (Hardest content I've ever had to deal with) For some reason I already think it's going to be a failed experiment, but who knows. Honestly, it's 6:30 am here and I am up, not tired anymore, and don't have a damn thing to do until I go to bed tonight. It's so nice out, I wish I could just go play somehow. Trying to hold it altogether without getting depressed as I just sit here typing and watching early/daytime television. (The worst television possible)

I will probably just continue to work on my site, any suggestions/comments/constructive criticism is always appreciated. I am trying to post more here, though some of the topics are intimidating to me because I am not as experienced as most people here. So, may I present to you all my disc golf site.

http://www.discgolfvids.com

Take care of yourselves...