• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Carsleedo's all DGA Bag

Carsleedo

Years playing/experience: 5 years
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: Left-Handed
Throwing Style: LHBH primarily, serviceable forehand
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Putters- 150-270, Midranges 270-330, Fairways 330-370, Distance Drivers 370-415

Optional:

Sex: m

Injuries/handicaps?: None

Other sport proficiencies?: Baseball / Ultimate

Additional Information: Been throwing all DGA for roughly 10 months now, threw trilogy before that. Not sponsored but have personal relationships that lead me to throw DGA, would like to continue doing so

What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: Loving my squalls and hurricanes but I feel as if I don't fully utilize putters and fairways well.

Specific areas of desired feedback: Looking to understand some more nuances about the specific runs of DGA discs and things I should be looking for to get some good desired flight characteristics. Looking to get a bag nailed down that I enjoy and then only phase discs in / out based upon wear / new releases.

Bag: Pound Octothorpe - Love it

Drivers:
168 PL Hurricane (Slight wear) Very flippy, use for tailwind / uphill turnovers
172 PL Hurricane (Slight wear) experimentally in bag, Hyzerflip to flat, doesn't fly as far as my SP hurricanes ~380 feet on a hyzerflip
2 173 SP Hurricanes (Slight wear, 2013 run) hyzerflip to turnover bombers, ~410 feet with hyzerflip to slight turn. Love them, similar discs have two for backups
175 SP Hurricane (Slight wear, 2015 'smokey rim' run) Hyzerflip to flat shot ~400 feet
175 SP Hurricane (Slight wear, Poptop) Hyzer to hyzer, holds line, very stable
172 SP Flex Hurricane (Poptop beefcake, high PLH) Very big gap between this and next most overstable. Only use for heavy headwind shots and hyzer shots over OB that I'm worried about, very situational disc

Fairways:

168 SP Pipeline (Somewhat beat up) - Flippy fairway, use for light fairway throws around 60% heavy hyzerflip to turn shots. Use around 340-350 where I'm uncomfortable throwing forehands
175 SP Pipeline (Normal Wear) - Very flat and little glide, use as a neutral stable fairway, slight turnover when thrown hard with hyzer, not a heavy fade
175 SP Pipeline (Normal Wear, high PLH) - slight puddle top, slightly more stable than previous pipeline, use in headwinds when I need a straight shot
171 PL Hellfire (Beat to hell) - Heavy heavy wear on this one, flies stable, strong hyzerflip to flat with a strong fade
172 SP Hellfire (Beat to hell) - Heavy wear as well, flies more stable than the pl, hyzerflips slightly, much stronger fade
172 PL Hellfire (normal wear) Beating in to be similar wear to heavily beat PL
172 SP Hellfire (normal wear) Beating in to be similar wear to heavily beat SP
172 SP Hellfire (normal wear, high PLH) Weird SP Mutant, Most overstable disc I've ever thrown. Use only for 'trickshots' or weird situations. Forced over BH anhyzers and short ~150 forehand shots that need a huge skip

Mids:
173 PL Squall (older run, domey low PLH, Newer) One of the older run squalls that are a bit flippier, use mostly for long hyzerflip to turnover shots around 300 feet
175 PL Squall (First flight tacky run) First Flight squall that works for long turnover drives and straight uphill shots, more glide than other squalls, mostly used for ~330ish shots rather than previous squall
175 Glow Squall (slightly beat) flat to slight turnover, use for straight shots ~300 feet that I need to end left, no/little fade at the end
175 PL Squall (Beat up, recent run, high plh) Had in my bag for ~2 years, was one of my first DGA discs. Generally throw around 80% to 300 feet with fade at end, can power up to ~330 dead straight the whole flight
177 PL Squall (Newer, recent run) Very stable for a squall, use for ~300 foot shots that I need to fade for most of the flight, dumps hard at the end, haven't tried powering it up yet
175 'Flex' Aftershock (Slight wear) One of the atypical 'flexy' aftershocks. Use mostly for ~300 foot straight shots with fade at the very end, more reliable than beat up high plh squall for same shots. Mostly use when I NEED to hit a line or hit and stick on the ground, squalls all slide longer after they hit the ground.
175 PL Quake (Slight wear) Proto Quake, Loving it so far, very stable and use it for high wind conditions backhand and some touch forehand shots to ~300 feet. Very good for flex shots and hit and stick forehand shots as well

Putters:
2 - 175 D-Line Steady (normal wear) Main two putters, trying to beat in one a bit more for outside the circle
174 D-Line Steady (heavily beat) Flippy putter, only used for heavy turnover shots
175 D-Line Steady (lightly used) hyzer-flip to flat
175 Flex Breaker - (heavy use) Broken in to hyzer to flat, very versatile, can use for hard flat shots ~280-300 feet and it flies dead straight, use for longer straight shots than the new D-Steady, also used for softer hyzer shots
175 Flex Breaker - (Newer) Hyzer shots and straight shots that I need to fade harder than the broken in breaker

Thanks for reading! I appreciate any input!

I'd like to start by applauding your decision to be loyal to the source of the sport. DGA is an acquired taste, but they make some great discs that I've been in love with for a few years now.

The #1 thing your bag lacks is a SP Squall. It is the most versatile disc in my bag, and my first choice for a one disc round. The SP Squall is more HSS than the Glow and PL so you don't have to finesse it to avoid the "S" flight. I've found the newest SP Squall run to be slightly more OS, but they eventually all beat down to fly like a Glow Squall.

The other disc I throw a lot is a 170g First Flight PL Aftershock. I find it straighter and more useful at that weight, and I like the FF blend best.

Lastly, you really need a Tsunami to pair with your Pipeline for headwind shots. Even though they're OOP, and PL Hellfires beat down to a similar flight, PL Tsunamis are great in a wind, and they will go further and straighter than Hellfires. They just need some seasoning to achieve the laser sweet spot. I prefer lower weights cuz they get straighter faster, and when they're really beat, they fly a lot like Pipelines.

Good luck getting your bag worked out. It took me a few years, but the DGA peeps on here really helped me through my DGA bag trials. If I had just trusted them more, I wouldn't have wasted money on silly things like a SP Shockwave, and I would've been stocking up on First Flight PL Hurricanes.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I've considered putting a SP squall into the bag for a while. I'll definitely try it over my 177 PL squall. Weight suggestions?

I've also considered another aftershock. I'll try throwing a lighter one into the bag! I have a few FF laying around, not sure of the weight.

I've been struggling to put a tsunami into the bag. I've heard rumors they may retool the mold and I don't want to get attached to a disc that won't be around anymore. If they retool it to be less sharp rim / similar stability I'd be super into the mold!

Thanks a ton for the suggestions! I really appreciate it!

I've been struggling to put a tsunami into the bag. I've heard rumors they may retool the mold and I don't want to get attached to a disc that won't be around anymore. If they retool it to be less sharp rim / similar stability I'd be super into the mold!

You're right. It's OOP. They modified it to make the Pipeline, which is more comfortable, but not as beefy.

Latest posts