• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Chalky Champ Plastic

Horsman

Pandamonium Discs
Gold level trusted reviewer
Has anybody ever ran into a chalky champ plastic. My local shop has some older plastic and I was feeling around some of the stuff and he had two old champ panthers and they ahd a chalky feel to them. Anybody know anything about this or if they are worth more.

6816801186_19ebfbe551_z.jpg

First, I dont think it's that old. I'm not a Panther thrower, but I have one here that a found.
It says " Mid-range disc ", not " Multipurpose disc "

I think the "Mid-range" writing is older and the "Multi-purpose" is the newer runs, but I'm talking through a hole in my butt because, like I said above, I'm not a Panther thrower.

As far as chalky and cloudy, the one I have here is also nearly opaque, I'm sure it's a result of the metal salts they add to get the disc up to weight.

I laughed when I opened your post(OP) and saw a champ Panther pictured because I have 2 and they are exactly as you describe. You can especially feel it along the inner rim. They also tend to be stiffer than normal champion plastic.

I use mine as a control driver for holes < 300 ft. Slow, straight and neutral flying. Can take some power too, and it does surprisingly well in a headwind.

First, I dont think it's that old. I'm not a Panther thrower, but I have one here that a found.
It says " Mid-range disc ", not " Multipurpose disc "

I think the "Mid-range" writing is older and the "Multi-purpose" is the newer runs, but I'm talking through a hole in my butt because, like I said above, I'm not a Panther thrower.

As far as chalky and cloudy, the one I have here is also nearly opaque, I'm sure it's a result of the metal salts they add to get the disc up to weight.

I have one that says "Mid-Range Disc" and another that says "Mid-Range" and has the flight rating numbers below. I think those with the numbers post-date those without...based on other Innova discs. I also suspect that the "Multipurpose Disc" description pre-dates the "Mid-Range", due to Innova reclassifying some of their older "tweener" discs as midrange to better represent their capabilities. The Panther is not a popular disc, so who knows how old these really are. I've only had them < 1 year.

I laughed when I opened your post(OP) and saw a champ Panther pictured because I have 2 and they are exactly as you describe. You can especially feel it along the inner rim. They also tend to be stiffer than normal champion plastic.

I use mine as a control driver for holes < 300 ft. Slow, straight and neutral flying. Can take some power too, and it does surprisingly well in a headwind.

Yea they are very awesome feeling, if I threw panthers I would pick them up for myself

Latest posts