• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champ Boss with -1 stability rating?

haha, alright i feel ya.

i would consider a disc with different flight pattern/stability to be a different disc.. but then again thats why i dont throw innovas new stuff.

I will stick to throwing what my discs say they are and leave you guys alone ;)

And yet you are hoping one of your amps is overstable?

Different plastics have different physical properties. That will make their shape a little different, and therefore their flight, a little. Makes sense to me

But a different shape = same disc? :doh:

oh i get it! :thmbup:

And yet you are hoping one of your amps is overstable?

Would be cool to have one that was a freak but its very rare.. thats why im hoping its not just a little bent from shipping packaging and an actual first run quirk considering its the lightest fairway driver they have ever made @ 166g. Rare = Worth money.

Would be cool to have one that was a freak but its very rare.. thats why im hoping its not just a little bent from shipping packaging and an actual first run quirk considering its the lightest fairway driver they have ever made @ 166g. Rare = Worth money.

To 4 people on this message board maybe

To 4 people on this message board maybe

Majority of people i see are buying MVP and Lat64, fewer and fewer buy discrap.. i mean discraft or innova anymore besides the noobs to the sport. Theres obvious reasons for that. As more people try the new technologies and see better players throwing superior plastic the landscape will change rapidly, as it already has been.

The past week alone i have sold 2 Axis, 1 Volt and a River out of my car to locals

Standing Rocks Open players packages included ALL MVP discs and we gave away over 200 packages with 2 MVP discs each.

Where i live its getting to a point where over half the people playing the sport have at least 1 MVP disc in their bag.

Change happens, some resist it, i choose to ride the wave.

Regardless, throw what works best for you ;)

yeah and the numbers are for 300 ft so remember things can change a lot at 400 feet of power!

try looking at inbounds flight path...will give u the right to left motion of most discs...at least compared to others using same data crunching.

Different plastics have different physical properties. That will make their shape a little different, and therefore their flight, a little. Makes sense to me

Discraft has different flight ratings on their different plastics.

They also have the worst flight rating system, don't forget.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that, but there is definitely a lot left to be desired.
For instance, for their ratings there is little differentiation between discs that are high speed understable but low speed stable (i.e. -1, 3)and discs that are high speed stable and low speed stable (i.e. 0, 2). Under their system teebirds and eagles would be rated the same, but if thrown at the ideal speed they clearly have different flight paths. And would a beast, katana, valkyrie or any other disc that has equal turn and fade be rated as a 0? If they were it would be very deceiving to someone that thought they flew straight as opposed to on an S curve line.

Last edited:
both of my champ feldberg bosses have -1 on them but my friend has just a champ boss (non feldberg) and his is a 0?? I have also seen katanas with -3 on them and mine are -2. I wonder if weight has something to do with it. My bosses are 174 and 175, my friends on the other hand was a 169

So you're telling me to buy all of the -1 champ bosses?

They fly the same as the 0, the only difference is the stamp has 0,3 instead of -1,3 when they realized it didn't really have the low speed turn that other plastics did. It'd be one of the stupider things if someone paid extra for a -1,3 since its not a misprint, just a change.

also, discs aren't named by the path they take, but by the shape and measurements of the disc. A Boss is a boss no matter how it flies. Should we change the name of a disc when it breaks in since it doesn't fly like marked?

I have a -1,3 champ, -1,3 star, 0,3 champ and they all fly about the same. The star does turn a little more than the champs do, but the champs fly the same for me.

Majority of people i see are buying MVP and Lat64, fewer and fewer buy discrap.. i mean discraft or innova anymore besides the noobs to the sport. Theres obvious reasons for that. As more people try the new technologies and see better players throwing superior plastic the landscape will change rapidly, as it already has been.

The past week alone i have sold 2 Axis, 1 Volt and a River out of my car to locals

Standing Rocks Open players packages included ALL MVP discs and we gave away over 200 packages with 2 MVP discs each.

Where i live its getting to a point where over half the people playing the sport have at least 1 MVP disc in their bag.

Change happens, some resist it, i choose to ride the wave.

Regardless, throw what works best for you ;)

My comment was towards your idea that a FR Amp thats OS is going to be valuable, it wont, except to a couple homers on this site, otherwise nobody cares

I wouldn't go as far as saying that, but there is definitely a lot left to be desired.
For instance, for their ratings there is little differentiation between discs that are high speed understable but low speed stable (i.e. -1, 3)and discs that are high speed stable and low speed stable (i.e. 0, 2). Under their system teebirds and eagles would be rated the same, but if thrown at the ideal speed they clearly have different flight paths. And would a beast, katana, valkyrie or any other disc that has equal turn and fade be rated as a 0? If they were it would be very deceiving to someone that thought they flew straight as opposed to on an S curve line.
I would, and you pointed out exactly why. The flight rating doesn't tell you anything about how the disc flies (glidey v. non-glidey) or how it gets there (turn/fade or resistance to the same) or how hard/fast you need it to fly (speed) (although their flight chart does show this slightly, but then only in distance potential, not speed), it just tells you net stability.

Thus, their stability ratings tell you nothing you need to know at worst and mislead at best.

I would, and you pointed out exactly why. The flight rating doesn't tell you anything about how the disc flies (glidey v. non-glidey) or how it gets there (turn/fade or resistance to the same) or how hard/fast you need it to fly (speed) (although their flight chart does show this slightly, but then only in distance potential, not speed), it just tells you net stability.

Thus, their stability ratings tell you nothing you need to know at worst and mislead at best.

Ya DC's flight rating is lame. But with something so subjective thats dependent on a million variables, theres not a perfect way of doing it i don think. I like vibrams method personally, but its only better if its more accurate and i dont see how it could be, it would take hundreds of throws with each flexibility, weight, etc on every mold, and on top of that, it would have to be the same throw, at the same speed. Seems impossible sorta.

Majority of people i see are buying MVP and Lat64, fewer and fewer buy discrap.. i mean discraft or innova anymore besides the noobs to the sport. Theres obvious reasons for that.

lulz

Discraft and Innova are for noobs? Between that and the guy accusing Nikko of "tier-bagging", I read some of the most bass akwards stuff on here lately. Thanks for the laugh. Aren't you the same guy that said that soft putters are for noobs, and the more advanced guys only use stiff putters?

Last edited:
its the lightest fairway driver they have ever made @ 166g. Rare = Worth money.
Yet there was no advantage to a dealer listing that specific 166g disc as being in stock the day before release. No advantage whatsoever over stores that haven't "stocked" their website with exact color/weight inventory. Nope, that was just a pre-order miracle. A valuable rare disc that weighed in 2g lighter than the manufacturer's stated available range. What luck! :D

Latest posts