• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champ Sidewinder

Threw my first Sidewinder today...Had been throwing first run Gazelles and Cyclones. This 167 does nicely...

IMG_20110827_145559.jpg

IMG_20110827_145614.jpg

I used to throw a 150 ChampmSidewinder. It was really good at hyzer flips. So I'd say beat the he'll of your current disc, buy a lighter one, or try the Vision. Probably in that order. Although the I've seen some amazing shots with Visions. Lopan, are you out there???

yeah, in my experience a new champ sidewinder will not flip very easily, but after a few months become a nice turnover disc.

They are overstable when new but they beat in to a great disc. Hyzer flips,anny shots, and low ceiling tunnel rips. Stick with it , it will start to fly really straight and then gradually start to turn for ya. Also, when it gets to the point when it flips too much, it makes a dynamite roller. Its a great disc from start to finish. Love em

This is funny because I was thinking about posting nearly an identical thread as this one about my champion monarch. It's 175g and I bought it a long time ago when I wasn't at the level I am now. I thought it would turn and fly like i wanted but at first it was super overstable for my arm at the time and I was real frustrated. But now I take it out all the time for super straight drives With little fade. I love it, I was just concerned about if Anyone else's monarchs did the same thing. Looks like it's not uncommon.

I picked up a champ Sidewinder to use it as a turning distance driver since the C-TD wasn't what I was looking for. My champ had a slightly slanted rim and the same dome as the C-TD. Is it possible that some C-TDs got mislabled becouse that Sidewinder looked and flew exactly like a TD. The last time I tried a Sidewinder was a couple of years ago and it was nice and workable for anhyzers and other shots that needed some turn.

I would have to agree with getting a Vision. I have 2 of them (both 166g gold line) and they are my favorite for hyzer flips. I usually get them out around 300 feet or so consistently but yesterday something clicked and was getting them around 325-350ish.

For me they are pretty flippy out of the box but don't beat in that much since its the gold line plastic. The two I have fly exactly the same. I love being able to buy one and know how its going to throw right away and not have to wait until it beats in to get flippy.

Well...there's a hole right through the middle of it now, so it's pretty much useless now

Funny how things just work themselves out like that. My overstable champ Sidewinder? Now it lives in the farm runoff* creek on #17 at Pinecrest. I guess that's as close to an ace as it's ever going to see.

I had already started replacing it with an ESP Avenger SS (170g). Not "there" yet, but already showing promise. Thrown flat on the same hole, it turned over just slightly and faded back for an easy bird.

*"farm runoff" is a nicer way of saying "a creamy flow of putrid ooze comprised of 10% water, 30% toxic pesticides, and 60% liquefied cow excrement from the dirt farm across the road." :gross::sick::gross:

Latest posts