• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champion TeeBird with the DX Circle Totum Pole stamp!

They'll be stupid and limit everyone to five like with these TeeBirds, but I'm in the same camp as you.

Lord, I hope so. I don't think five will last me very long.

Why do you think the five limit is stupid? I like it. It enough that if you want them, you get a good number, yet not so many that other people don't get a chance to get some too.

Innova Custom Stamps Page

I was just thinking. Couldn't we just pool together and get custom made discs? Any stamp? Much cheaper too it looks. 50x$8.75+80=$10.35 per disc. Add a few dollars for shipping and it would be much cheaper than 16.99 + 6 shipping.

Why do you think the five limit is stupid? I like it. It enough that if you want them, you get a good number, yet not so many that other people don't get a chance to get some too.

Because I prefer to stockpile discs that I throw. After Innova rushed the second run of Gators, I don't want to wind up with five discs that fly one way and five more from a second run that feel and fly completely different.

My other problem with this is the nature of the Factory Store. I know I've repeated this ad nauseum already, but the Factory Store was created to give serious disc golfers molds that they can't find anywhere and to get special runs. It was built for people like us, people that spend a large chunk of their lives (and paychecks) living and breathing disc golf. We're the ones comparing plh and plastic feel. We're also the ones who buy in bulk. For them to not only basically ignore our requests (for the most part - Champ glow Pigs, Rhynos, and PDs have all had a very strong following but have been ignored in favor of Champ Barracudas, R-Pro Bulldogs (what serious golfer has any love for R-Pro?), and DX Rams that continue to go unsold) but then to limit how much we can buy misses the point of the Factory Store in the first place.

Sure some of us get screwed by collectors, but I'm getting to the point where I don't want to buy from them anymore because I don't want to have to create multiple accounts to satisfy my sick obsession to have enough backups to make me happy. If they also took us more seriously and produced enough to saturate the collector market, the eBay money makers would stay away, we could all get what we want, and Innova would still be able to make money.

This is just my opinion, but the five disc limit just isn't enough. If they run glow PDs, I really want at least a dozen and none of those are to sell. Does that make me a crazy hoarder? Yes, and I'm fine with that.

I agree.... I tend to have more than 5 when I find a disc i like (50+ rocs in various wear) but at the same time I like to know everyone has a chance at these before the price doubles on ebay

(for the most part - Champ glow Pigs, Rhynos, and PDs have all had a very strong following but have been ignored in favor of Champ Barracudas, R-Pro Bulldogs (what serious golfer has any love for R-Pro?), and DX Rams that continue to go unsold)

Is that parenthesis inside parenthesis... pareninception?

I prefer to see the wealth spread out. I'm not a fan of the hoarder with a fat wallet being able to swipe up a ton of discs, while the little guy on a budget gets none.

The five disc limit is perfect.

I prefer to see the wealth spread out. I'm not a fan of the hoarder with a fat wallet being able to swipe up a ton of discs, while the little guy on a budget gets none.

The five disc limit is perfect.

Or worse ebay dealers getting them and marking them up LARGE

So all of you talking about sharing with the world completely missed my point (or didn't read that far) about Innova putting a little faith in the community that has kept them afloat and profitable all these years and running a large amount, especially for requests that come in as heavily as this one did. If they ran enough to fill the demand and then some for popular molds and heavily requested items, those that bought one or two and realized how much they like the run can go back and stock up if they so desire instead of getting stroked on eBay and in the Marketplace. Of course their store would carry more inventory, but it would be inventory that someone would buy. I bet those Bulldogs and Rams will still be there a year or two from now.

Yes, jdawgl those are parens inside parens (inside a hyphen too!). I was going to put one section inside square brackets, but I didn't really think anyone would make it past my first paragraph.

Tbird888 has a problem damn hoarder you should see his house stacks and stacks of first run pds and he wants a dozen glow one's. How many can you throw into davie jones locker?

I'm just really happy I was able to get 2. Can't wait til they come!!

Innova Custom Stamps Page

I was just thinking. Couldn't we just pool together and get custom made discs? Any stamp? Much cheaper too it looks. 50x$8.75+80=$10.35 per disc. Add a few dollars for shipping and it would be much cheaper than 16.99 + 6 shipping.
Great idea, but I believe they mean custom, as in NOT Innova created so I highly doubt they'd agree.

So we put DGCR in the artwork somewhere, and we have our own stamp :D

Latest posts