• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Change one thing?

Was it the Big Dog fastback?

I've been throwing the "Big Dog" a lot lately for catch rounds. That disc is pretty darn OS. I can forehand it pretty effectively with it still hooking up. It can fight some winds without getting kicked around as well. Really a neat disc. Too big for me for golf lines but its a great catch disc. Also works reallllllyyyy well for forehand rollers.

Wish my Zepher would fit in my bag

Yep. Same for Condors.

Sounds like a bag problem, not a disc problem. (Golf Mahal plug)

Side question: would it violate pdga rules about altering the disc if I were to shave them off? (assuming you're already in the camp that is OK with de-flashing)

That's fiine .... .... maybe you should sand it off, though. But it's just giving it a smooth flight plate, which is pretty much the exact reason they let us do "light sanding".

On my rhynos I would move the patent numbers to the bottom of the flight plate where they belong. It's distracting when my thumb lands on them lining up a putt. It's not a big deal to rotate the disc but pausing to do that screws up the timing and rhythm of my shot prep.

Side question: would it violate pdga rules about altering the disc if I were to shave them off? (assuming you're already in the camp that is OK with de-flashing)

The patent numbers on top of the Rhyno are for the thumbtrac, not the beveled edge. They're where they belong.

I wouldn't mind if XLs came in Ti or Cryztal...

But it's my favorite driver (maybe disc) for a reason, why change it?

I have two.
Mercy in all the plastics.

AND

Split the PD into two versions. One flatter more stable, one domey more glidey (but still PD straight/stable)

De-flashing is legal because it isn't supposed to be there. Shaving off patent numbers that are stamped into the plastic at the factory seems like that would cross the line

I thought maybe they got the design patented after it received pdga approval, so they wouldn't have been part of the pdga approved shape anyway. I don't know enough about those two processes, I'd like to learn more.

That's fiine .... .... maybe you should sand it off, though. But it's just giving it a smooth flight plate, which is pretty much the exact reason they let us do "light sanding".

Sanding would work better for the dx but I've already run into issues trying to sand the flashing off of gstar and found I got better results from carefully shaving it off.

Gstar has a skin kind of like champion so I'm afraid no matter what I try it's going to leave a rough area.
Only one way to find out!

DiscGolf, that i also know the feels of! Im sure youve heard it a thousand times already, but personally thats why I moved to felons. :) I have yet to get one stupid flat, but i havent had one with anything close to something id call a dome. Theyve been pretty consistent for me across the board.
The first run were "faf" or board flat, but the production runs are not as flat but flat enough...
H1 :thmbup:
I'll pick one up and take a look next time the local shop has them. Thanks
Try a Motion? Andy had been high on them as a replacement for faf birds. Not sure if he still is.
I have not yet, but I will. I have a few first run board flat felons that feel amazing, the plastic is grippy and fingerprinty. And a xxx does the job as well, but it sounds like the motion is a nice flat replacement for the firebird. I doubt I'd ever go back to firebirds now. It's too bad too-

Firebird; that they were all flat and good colors like pink orange and blue. Metal Flake is a plus.

I have three favorite discs right now.

Envy and Alias: make them in glow plastic, and not just the rim. Better, make it glow plasma so they're nice and grippy.

Stalker: so much I could do with this mold. The new Ti Flx plastic might be nice. Glo Crystal Flx also. Making a regular run of Crystal Z. Bringing Ti back, but with better colors. Making it an Overmold.

Make KC Rocs and Aviars stiff and chalky again.

I can't stand the soft slick KC stuff.

Also Small Bead Aviars in buttery DX again.

That is all.