• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Change one thing?

my biggest issue is I love westside discs, especially the Stag and the underworld. I'm a older disc golfer that took up this sport in the last 3-4 years. I don't have great arm speed so I throw my drivers in the 160-165 weight and my mids in the 164-168 weight. That being said, I have a hard time finding discs from westide in my weight criteria. in the last year i have been able to find a few, and i mean very few Stags in my weight, but have not been able to find another underworld for me. It gets very frustrating, as a matter of fact i have started buying discs with similar fights from other companies so I can find back ups to them easily. So its not just one disc but one company.

I too love Westside discs, but one thing I have noticed is that some of their discs are not true to weight stamp. I have found the same with some of the DD discs; specifically, they are marked 174-176g, but when scaled, turn out to be in the 160's. These are second hand discs that I have and have never seen them in the store, but if you have a store that carries them, consider bringing a small digital gram scale with you to the store (if they don't have their own for you to use). You very well may find some 160's that are marked in the 170's! ;)

I wish Innova would make the C-PD like CFRs every run and keep the S-PDs almost as beefy when new. I would also like them to come out with the softer, beefy P-Lines again too.

Wishing for more overstable lids is like wishing for heavier blizzard plastic. I don't think you are doing it right.

Wrong. A slightly more stable lid in stiff plastic would wear into a sweet spot and stay there for a long time. I don't think anyone's after a meat hook. But a fresh lid that you could count on for a mild finish left and you could lay into a bit? That's be lovely.

Wrong. A slightly more stable lid in stiff plastic would wear into a sweet spot and stay there for a long time. I don't think anyone's after a meat hook. But a fresh lid that you could count on for a mild finish left and you could lay into a bit? That's be lovely.

I'm giving up hope of ever getting a driving lid that has more beef than a Polecat but isn't in a fragile plastic.

*sigh*

Thank you. I don't want an over stable lid. I don't know why everyone keeps saying that..I want a lid that can actually season instead of just getting beat up.

Orange, champ Wraiths in the mid 160's. For some reason, blizzards get scarce at this 'high' of a weight and regular champ gets scarce at this 'low' of a weight. Add in the lucky? color that I never lose and I'm continually on the hunt.

I want Firebirds to be totally flat and ALL Zones to be concave. It should be intended in the molding process, like Yetis.

And while we're being ridiculous, I'd like Destroyers to have a little more glide :D

Be as ridiculous as need be! Im sure this thread is proving useful to more than one party if you catch my drift ;) Sometimes you just gotta voice an opinion on the things you want :)

On my rhynos I would move the patent numbers to the bottom of the flight plate where they belong. It's distracting when my thumb lands on them lining up a putt. It's not a big deal to rotate the disc but pausing to do that screws up the timing and rhythm of my shot prep.

Side question: would it violate pdga rules about altering the disc if I were to shave them off? (assuming you're already in the camp that is OK with de-flashing)

On my rhynos I would move the patent numbers to the bottom of the flight plate where they belong. It's distracting when my thumb lands on them lining up a putt. It's not a big deal to rotate the disc but pausing to do that screws up the timing and rhythm of my shot prep.

Side question: would it violate pdga rules about altering the disc if I were to shave them off? (assuming you're already in the camp that is OK with de-flashing)

De-flashing is legal because it isn't supposed to be there. Shaving off patent numbers that are stamped into the plastic at the factory seems like that would cross the line

Latest posts