• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cheap Stool or folding seat

plex

Banned
Im looking for a tripod stool of some sort to take with me on tournaments when i have to wait for nerds who take 2 minutes to make a putt.

Not looking to spend a whole lot, just need something light weight, decent quality that works.

Im not having much luck finding anything for a reasonable price.

Please help! thanks :)

Not sure if they they carry them still but try IKEA. I have a stool that looks just like the one certain disc golf sites have for $30. I found mine at IKEA for around $5.

Dick's Sporting Goods has a tripod stool for 9.99 plus tax. Bought one a week before Christmas and have used it pretty often since then. Haven't used it DGing but its lightweight and when folded fits nicely on my fade tourney bag. It was in the hunting section by the deer stands. It has a strap that could be used to secure it to a bag.

Im looking for a tripod stool of some sort to take with me on tournaments when i have to wait for nerds who take 2 minutes to make a putt.

I've seen some nerds take 2 minutes to putt. However, in my experience, those who take 2 minutes do not make the putt. From what I have seen of the best putters, once they get into their stance a look at the basket, they drive it in quite quickly. Basket isn't getting any closer...

After using a cheap stool, I wouldn't waste my time on anything but a camp time stool. For weight and comfort it can't be beat. Barely costs more than a disc as well.

Whatever you do, don't get a cheap stool, IMO. Been there, done that, and you absolutely don't get what you don't pay for.

I'm a Camp-Time convert, positively e-van-gelical. They are taller, wider, thicker legs, heavier end pads, better quality canvas, nicer sling. Way more sturdy to sit a bag or butt on. Worth more than you're paying.

Latest posts