• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cheating in the junior division...

I had someone cheat in a tourney as well. I ended up reporting him, but not until after the second round. So he and the cheating were in my head all of second round and I couldn't focus. Stupid cheaters
Now anytime I can keep score I do, I always ask and repeat scores after each hole.
WHat did you get Jim?
I got a par
So you got a 3 Jim?
Yeah idiot thats what I said

You may get that a few times but I'd rather have that than a wrong score

This is exactly how score keeping is supposed to be done. If anyone calls you an idiot for this, then they are the idiot. Has this really ever happened?

The higher the division you play, the less cheating goes on. Whether it be not marking lies, stepping out from lie, scoring problems, etc etc etc. The list goes on and on and on. You just run into less tomfoolery.

Isaac, the above is very true. The lower division you are in the more cheating/ignorance there is. My wife plays in the Womens Rec division (probably the lowest division possible) and the cheating there is astounding. I have walked rounds before as my wife's caddy and I am constantly having to confront the other ladies about their scores ect. "Um, Random Girl Name, I don't think you got a 4. I was keeping track of your strokes and I have you for a 9. I think you might be forgetting the 2 strokes it took you to get out of that small bush off of the fairway and the 3 putts you missed from under 10 feet." It is crazy.

There has been alot of good advice so far but the best is to practice hard, get good and get out of the crappy divisions. Even in Advanced you have to pay attention. In a tournament last year I noticed a guy kept the card for a few extra holes and when we had a delay on a tee box I made the whole group go back through the holes he kept score for. It turned out he had shaved off three strokes from his score. I don't worry about where I am sitting in relation to the other people in my group score wise but by habit I keep track of everyone's strokes for the current hole.