• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Check it out bought at Play it again sports

PIAS finds:
My best find was a 2009 USDGC Star Roc with a super flat top and a FLX feel. It was double-stamped and cost me all of $7.99. SUUWWWEEEEEETT!!!
Last month I bought a tie-dyed 11x Champ TeeBird (CAL mold) for $9.99.
Last year someone brought in a bunch of plastic from a lake, and they put all Discraft ESP out for $4.99 (DX plastic price). I ended up buying about $60 worth of that.
Just bought a 180g ProLine Cobra for $4.99, it was painted on the bottom. A little acetone took care of that.
Geez, I could go on...

why do people paint the bottom of there discs? is it to add more weight? i have a ce firebird that someone did that to

Just a few weeks ago I picked up a Cyclone 2 that was 9.5/10

for less than 5 bucks!

CFR Banshee, JK Pro Valk, CE Valk, CE Firebirds x 2 and some kc pro whippets...all 4.99 over the course of 2 weeks at PIAS...one had a pdga # on the back, I found the guy and contacted him to make sure he wasn't robbed...he wasn't.

\/\/

Painting the bottom of the disc is often done to cover up someone else's ink. This isn't necessarily for bad reasons. Sometimes a disc has been traded so many times that the bottom is almost black anyways. Might as well just black it out entirely.

PIAS in socal are picked over pretty hard

I did bag a new champ stingray for $11 about a month ago.

Yeah, the PIAS in Raleigh has a vulture working there that snags all the good stuff when it comes in. :(

I've found a lot of 9x, 10x, and 11x kc pro stuff. SE teebird, 1st run firebird, San marino roc, old mold beasts... No ce yet but I'm going to keep trying!

My best find at PIA was a CE Leopard in great condition for $3.99. Other than that, I have found multiple SE discs. (teebirds, leopards, and valks...no rhinos or rocs) My personal favorite was a mint 10x KC Pro Teebird with a rainbow dye (factory). I was so stoked. The next day my buddies and I left for a disc golf excursion. On the first course we played, we came to hole 18 and there was a really severe storm coming our way. We tried to play fast to finish the round because we were a few hours from home. Anyway, I threw that teebird and it must have slid under some leaves or something. We looked as long as we could, but the storm was bearing down on us. It was a true disc golf tragedy.

Careful what you wish

i wish the one near me knew what disc golf was

The PIAS by me does know what disc golf is and has overpriced new/used discs.

A USED tiedye regular Champion disc was $16.99. $16.99 for a normal, common, unrare, USED champion?

A USED DX with no special run, limited edition, nada, zip, just plain ol' USED DX for $8.99?

NEW discs from $10.99 DX to $16.99 star/champ?

I'd expect those prices from a party store or 7-11, but the PIAS by me is just as bad. It's only 3 miles from the course, but so is the party store and 7-11. You can get deals on the internet cheaper WITH shipping. I'm done ranting, our PIAS sucks.

Nice finds though in your neck of the woods.

i found a ce valkyrie at play it again sports for $7.00

I went this weekend hoping for a find like that. I got a new star aviar for $5.00 as well as a used Champ Banshee, a used Champ Valk (both champs tye die) $5.00 each. I also found a new DX wraith marked at $5.00
There was a 5th disc, but I forgot what it was.

Latest posts