• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Check these photos out!

Forgive me if this is a silly question but why the image stack? I've done this with macro photo's to get arround DOF problems but I'm having trouble guessing why you'd need it with landscapes. It does seem to give your pics a nice flat DOF.

Really not an expert, and have only been doing this for a month but when you shoot in the RAW format it keeps all the info only with the three differant exposures. When you shoot in JPG it leaves out information and compresses the image and leaves out information in highlights and shadows so when you braket the exposures then you get all the info in the scene or picture. When it's underexposed you are losing information in the highlights and vice versa the other way when you overexpose it. Pretty much it's just overexagerating the other side of the range when you take the bracketed pictures. It supposedly more like what your eye will see without missing information. I've been doing photoshop for 10 years but first time I touched a DSLR camera was 2 weeks ago though so learning myself.

Idlewild, It's nice course. I played there last summer when i drove to Las Vegas from Maryland. I would like to go to play in a tourament someday.

Really not an expert, and have only been doing this for a month but when you shoot in the RAW format it keeps all the info only with the three differant exposures. When you shoot in JPG it leaves out information and compresses the image and leaves out information in highlights and shadows so when you braket the exposures then you get all the info in the scene or picture. When it's underexposed you are losing information in the highlights and vice versa the other way when you overexpose it. Pretty much it's just overexagerating the other side of the range when you take the bracketed pictures. It supposedly more like what your eye will see without missing information. I've been doing photoshop for 10 years but first time I touched a DSLR camera was 2 weeks ago though so learning myself.

Great info thanks! :hfive:

http://vimeo.com/18541104 - trying out camera for vid and some more pics were added ! Have a ton of stuff just organizing it now. Other pics http://hyzerdg.com/ added - Have allot more but gotta goto work. Seeing how good it shoots, need some better light but you can literally see the stamp on the disc when flying! :) Have a new lens enroute and just trying to figure out the best way to shoot.

Great looking video. I'm a pretty devoted analog man myself, but the prospect of shooting video along with taking photo's with the same camera is slowly peaking my interrest. What lenses have you ordered? I'm assuming you used the 1:1.5 on the videos posted.

Great looking video. I'm a pretty devoted analog man myself, but the prospect of shooting video along with taking photo's with the same camera is slowly peaking my interrest. What lenses have you ordered? I'm assuming you used the 1:1.5 on the videos posted.

Using this lens right now - but going to go with an Tamron 18-270 soon. Great lens for up close portrait shots but not the best for what I want to do which will be mostly landscapes, etc but I bought the refurbed body and would need a 50 mm so bought it as my first lens. That was not even in 1080 but 720. Will shoot it in Blu Ray quality tommorrow and have got some nice suggestions on how to cut the brightness down, and some other tricks from Vimeo. Highly suggest a DSLR because they are going to superior in Lowlight, depth of field and get so much more for the money. Camera isn't cheap but seems like a good value to me. I want to turn into into a hobby and freelance stuff though, but if in the market for a vid camera then I would look at the DSLR's, as they are twitchier and will have to use a tripod for the most part but think the huge sensors that they employ will be worth it in the long run.

These photo's are making me want to go hit up idle tommorow now. Very good work ripper

Thanks, that is the purpose and if you goto Idlewild and want to get a beer or food afterwards stop by The Dugout 1911 Golf Club Drive Burlington, KY 41005-9135 - (859) 586-0422 and they have dollar drafts and cheap wings, plus they are helping with rennovation and tournaments at Idlewild this upcoming spring. Extra 6 holes are going in! Trying to show that we are helping them out, by driving business to them. :) I'll probably be up there tommorrow. Shoot me a pm if you go up!

Scratch that I can't make it up tomorrow, and can't edit above post. Forgot football, and have to do some work.