• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

CHECK THIS OUT! Home made target!

Man that's awesome! you just gave me some ideas....are those plastic chains? And how portable is it...we can break ours down really quick to 5 pieces

they are coated chains. still metal but need to be a bit thicker. I pust a wheel on one of the legs to roll it around...but probably wieghs like 40lbs. I usually unscrew the top and can take it remotely apart just by removing basket and the lid. I keep it in the yard though

I don't understand the haters in this thread. Cool on you for making something, even if it's something other people have also done.

I don't understand the haters in this thread. Cool on you for making something, even if it's something other people have also done.

THANKS MAN! Yeah it's a beta so I like the input I am getting, some people are not getting the idea of keep this low cost and very playable which is possible...We plan on making a full course in the Alvin, TX area when we are done some time next year.

Ok so here are the changes that will be done on 1.5:

1. Bigger chains (going to use http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xg8/R-202079544/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053 does that look good? Meh. They'll certainly be better than the chains you have now. If you can stretch your budget a little bit, I recommend going with the coated version of these chains that bhuff used.

2. Use a wire at the base to hold the chains together (I really want to find one of those janitor key rings since that would be perfect Janitor key rings are exactly what I used on mine. They work perfectly, look great and are very inexpensive. I bought mine at True Value Hardware. I want to say they were about $1.25 each.

3. Acorn Nuts on the bolts (although I think using cable ties will do the trick of holding the chains in place and keep cost down per basket Cable ties will work just fine but your basket won't be winning any beauty contests. The acorn nuts will add a nice touch but there is still the possibility of minor damage to base plastics. If you do use cable ties, cinch them up nice and tight so they're flat on the top of the entrapment. This will give it a much cleaner look but it shouldn't affect it the function of the chains.

4. Blue steel paint (since apparently using neon pink makes this look like a toy...we used pink so it can be easily spotted) If I were you, I would worry less about color. Smart move on your part though to consider visibility.

We did a few impact test and it can take a punch I agree with the chain placement concern we need to figure that out....good thing is that with these changes we still have a good target at cost lower then 50 bucks a target...

Keep at it.

Ok here is some test video, as you can see I need to make a bigger lip and secure the bottom better...all in all it does catch decently with the chains currently attached but with better chains this thing will rock! CHECK IT OUT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21Ey_sS8GKs

yes definitly get a deeper basket and secure the bottem backet to the pole beter. Also better chains would really help out a lot.

Latest posts