• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Chucker Definition

Darkness07

I've tried searching the forums, but I can't find the definition for what a "chucker" is. What is a chucker? Is it someone who throws recklessly?

Also, it would be nice if the newbie forums had a definitions page.

Thanks!

A "chucker" is generally a very casual player.

Generally the term carries a negative connotation as it's often used to refer to players who have little regard for general etiquette.

I always thought that it was just another term to denote plastic throwers, but on here it has come to mean a casual thrower who drinks heavily, litters, is loud and obnoxious, and will not let you play through, but will throw at you.

I've always used the term to refer to anyone who plays with one maybe two discs, no bag, and little to no regard for rules/etiquette. He's the type who couldn't tell you the brand/mold of the disc he's throwing unless it's stamped on it, and even then he has to look at it before he tells you...every time. Also, the type of player who would never find themselves on a forum like this. So if you're here, congrats, you're not a chucker. :D

When you see a group of 10-15 people in one big group. One throws, they run to their disc and the others people keep throwing on them until the hole is done

I've always used the term to refer to anyone who plays with one maybe two discs, no bag, and little to no regard for rules/etiquette. He's the type who couldn't tell you the brand/mold of the disc he's throwing unless it's stamped on it, and even then he has to look at it before he tells you...every time. Also, the type of player who would never find themselves on a forum like this. So if you're here, congrats, you're not a chucker. :D

+1. Nice post.

Too bad Chucker isn't in Webster yet. :|

Contents of Chucker bag:

one disc
six beers
Sharpie or paint for graffiti
something illegal
total disregard for anyone but themselves

Chuckers are also known around here as the "One Disc Wonders" of the park. They're usually in opacks of 5+, are loud and obnoxious, play with only one disc, maybe two, and have little to no disregard for other players or park occupants.

There is a word that rhymes with "chucker" that also functions as the definition of a chucker.

2 disc chuckers are also known as TDDs (two disc douche). :moreyouknow:
When you see a group of 10-15 people in one big group. One throws, they run to their disc and the others people keep throwing on them until the hole is done
Ha ha, I see this occasionally at Johnson St. and it never fails to make me laugh, it's so absurd.

We have two "Supergroups" at our course. The first is known as "The Geriatrics", and they are mostly made up of people older than me, and their spawn, and the other one we simply call "Supergroup". In their own words: "we gather people up on the course like a lint brush". They are mostly good people, but the kind that likes to have a Natti or Busch for breakfast. I don't judge.

It can be fun I suppose to throw in a large group once in a while, but it takes forever.

If you're playing a one disc round can you be mistaken for a chucker?

:)

Depends. Do you leave a trail of cigarette butts and empty beer cans behind you?

IMO, a player needs to have a very lax attitude, or complete disregard for the rules of disc golf and general human decency to be a true chucker.

In other words...like Streets said, the word that rhymes.

They can usually be identified by their calls: "hey man, you seen an orange frisbee?" or "yo, how you doin', you seen a baggie somewhere round here?" or "dude, you got an extra cigarette?"