• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Chucker Definition

I always thought that it was just another term to denote plastic throwers, but on here it has come to mean a casual thrower who drinks heavily, litters, is loud and obnoxious, and will not let you play through, but will throw at you.
^
This. Its a pejorative term. It shouldn't be applied to your everyday casual because he only carries a couple of discs. We all were that guy once.

Chuckers are also known around here as the "One Disc Wonders" of the park. They're usually in opacks of 5+, are loud and obnoxious, play with only one disc, maybe two, and have little to no disregard for other players or park occupants.

I always equated them with a prodiscus bag with 30 speed 12+ drivers, one midrange, and one putter.

All those drivers are different molds, for those "situational" drives.

Cha-Kas learn through patience and love, not condemnation.

Cha-Ka.jpg

^^ Exactly. All the examples point out a lack of respect for the rules and etiquette. The hallmark of a chucker.

IMO, a player needs to have a very lax attitude, or complete disregard for the rules of disc golf and general human decency to be a true chucker.

In other words...like Streets said, the word that rhymes.

Thanks good buddy!

In my neck of the woods, chuckers wear aviators, throw catch discs and leave their beer bottles all over the course. Rare to see them wearing shoes.

That seems like a load of crap by a guy wanting to have seniority to fish where the best fishing is. But like he said, the sea is for everyone. Wicked tuna can easily go further out and try their luck there. Lol. Stupid greedy bastards.

Chuckers are just people that come out to have a fun activities day at the park. They have not yet taken disc golf to the point of fanatical. They come out and every time have fun. We come out, and sometimes we leave Pissed, bitter, sad, mad, because we take it too seriously. Don't hate on them because they are doing "fun" right.

Lol, to the last post, chuckers also have jobs, many of experts I run into can't seem to hold to one.
We all make mistakes on the course, I can't remember the last time I was playing when I didn't make at least one mistake.

That seems like a load of crap by a guy wanting to have seniority to fish where the best fishing is. But like he said, the sea is for everyone. Wicked tuna can easily go further out and try their luck there. Lol. Stupid greedy bastards.

Chuckers are just people that come out to have a fun activities day at the park. They have not yet taken disc golf to the point of fanatical. They come out and every time have fun. We come out, and sometimes we leave Pissed, bitter, sad, mad, because we take it too seriously. Don't hate on them because they are doing "fun" right.

Agreed. I wouldn't want to disc with half the people on this forum, share the park and have fun. We all started with one disc and a group of friends.

Chuckers are just people that come out to have a fun activities day at the park. They have not yet taken disc golf to the point of fanatical. They come out and every time have fun.
Those are casual players. The chuckers are the ones who do that and leave a trail of beverage containers and cigarette butts in their wake for someone else to clean up.

I'm confused I thought a chucker was someone who was new to the sport/bad at throwing a disc. What youre describing is an inconsiderate p.o.s. These people are everywhere, why change the name of them when they are on the d.g. course haha?

I'm confused I thought a chucker was someone who was new to the sport/bad at throwing a disc. What youre describing is an inconsiderate p.o.s. These people are everywhere, why change the name of them when they are on the d.g. course haha?
The same reason we come up with a term like "cubby ace". Because we can.

Again, its a pejorative term. Those of you using it to describe everyday casuals are doing it wrong.

Again, its a pejorative term. Those of you using it to describe everyday casuals are doing it wrong.

..agreed.

..newer players aren't all chcukers, some actually move on to be pretty good players who contribute to the courses and the local scene(s).

..chuckers never change their obnoxious ways. They're oblivious to their own actions.

..agreed.

..newer players aren't all chuckers, some actually move on to be pretty good players who contribute to the courses and the local scene(s).

..chuckers never change their obnoxious ways. They're oblivious to their own actions.

..agreed.

..newer players aren't all chuckers, some actually move on to be pretty good players who contribute to the courses and the local scene(s).

agreed:
newb ≠ chucker ≠ casual

Being a chucker is an attitude, one of self-centered entitlement with no regard for being responsible for one's actions. By no means unique to DG, but when it happens on the course we refer to those people as chuckers. They're the same people that are DB's using the drink fountain at McDonald's, just with a disc.

And while there's certainly some truth to what you say (i.e. some self-centered people will never change their stripes), I think some folks eventually mature and leave their chucker ways behind them.

Last edited:
Those are casual players. The chuckers are the ones who do that and leave a trail of beverage containers and cigarette butts in their wake for someone else to clean up.

The only people I've ever seen do THAT are the pot smoking beer drinking local die-hards that are too busy doing that to find a job and get a life. I've always seen people like you describe are super conscious that it isn't their home and they throw them away. It's the ones that are always playing here that figure I'll be back later to get those. Then they just never come back. I could call out a few losers but they don't care enough anyway, and I don't know if they are even on here.