• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cincinnati, OH Invading Columbus, OH - Saturday, 6/22/13

Hahaha! That's hilarious!

And look, I still had my shirt on.

That's me asking Chuck if the basket was to the right of that middle tree if we were looking on a straight line. I want that shot back...and those shorts are going in the wash!

Jay Dub fishing for a disc at Alum Creek
tbird and smokey, kutz, and iacas cheering him on
A2.jpg

Wow, what a great day! It was an absolute meeting and getting to throw all/most of the day with DyeingToPlay, All Day, and iacas. If any of you come make your way south, I'd be happy to throw another round or three with you. I want to thank DyeingToPlay for playing navigator around town and everyone for tolerating the chaos that was Smokey. Since I pointed the car homeward, he has only opened his eyes to use the facilities and devour his breakfast.

Talk about some great courses. Not only did I add three new courses to the list of played but I knocked two more off my Wish List (had no idea The Twilight Zone existed). While Alum Creek was brutal on the group's bags, I can't stop chuckling about Smokey "discovering" the reservoir. Watching him go from dipping his toes and fearing the "waves" to jumping in with all four paws is something I will never forget. It really made my day as he has struggled with going any deeper into water that just paws since I got him. It turns out all he needed was a hot day.

Mob golf doubles at The Twilight Zone was the icing on the cake. All Day, who had to skip Alum Creek to take care of some business was able to rejoin the group, along with many others!, for something more than a course. What Chuck and Maureen have done with every inch of a mere 5 acres is astonishing. The experience is something that I will carry with me when I manage to secure my own piece of property and build my own course. From Chuck and Maureen, to the players pack, to the personal touches at every turn on the course, to the amazing golf itself (elevation, low ceilings, tight tunnels, elevated baskets, well protected greens), The Twilight Zone is more than a disc golf course. This is an absolute must play if you're in the area! Bring your favorite cracked disc if you have one and park near the road! ;)

Who wouldn't want to throw a round with this rag-tag bunch of misfits? :D (this is resized for the web, if anyone wants the full size photo, send me a PM with your email)
d6724ab2-fec7-4923-9ff7-7d03ea8c80a5_zps61d5fb18.jpg

Oh, one more thing...

Poooooooollllllllllleeeeeccccaaaaaaaaaaaaattt!!!!!

Last edited:
Yes I went crazy with the panorama feature on my phone's camera. The tire hole.
ae84204e-ec28-4d1a-a12e-bc613634a76b_zps3dee68e3.jpg

Who knew that disc heaven was in Columbus, OH!
1652bd8a-1be9-4b37-8368-725fcea0cb3c_zps19c7d30e.jpg

The mob making their way down the fairway to the elevated basket (can't remember the hole..15?) kutz167 did all he could to give us a deuce putt, but it wasn't in the cards.
35a26f25-afaf-41b5-b2c8-fc55ac987147_zps4fd0d6e4.jpg

Yeah, used to be dpgauthier on here but changed it a few weeks ago. I'll try to find the video that shows the origin of "all day."

Just a few times. I have a pretty cool pic there holding my Summit and Ridge below!

And a random picture of me, since we all love random disc golf pictures. Jay Dub would sport a tank top in this weather.

^^^ Hey dude I was at the Disc Mart grand opening, too! :)

If you guys do another Columbus get together I'd always be down. I know nobody really knows me here but I guess that's kind of the point, right?

Disc golfers are cool :thmbup: