• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Climo dissapoints...

redspexxx said:
black udder said:
We've tossed around the NFL and NBA, but you know if you're a fan, that every player is out there fouling on 98% of plays. They live by the edict, "if there's no whistle, there's no foul". How do you feel about the infamous NFL's "tuck" rule? The NFL's Bert Emmanuel rule"? These are rules that were created due to a lack of specificity in the existing rules. They changed games and careers.

No sport is perfect, but saying that a player is trying to win on a technicality when he's just asking about a rule is not cheap. Most players don't foot fault or cheat on the course. Most players don't throw their discs in celebration either.

All I can say is if it were me, I'd be looking for somebody to clarify that action as well. It's like the last two minutes in an NFL game when only the booth can call an instant replay and you *know* you see a need, but they don't. In this case, Ken was allowed to call for a ruling.

I'll shutup now.
it is kinda hard to compare disc to other sports. but one thing, most of the things you listed affect the outcome of games. maybe this is more like a tough pass interference call where a big name wide reciever thinks he was roughed, begs for a flag and gets one. on the last play of the game. this kid does what he did at any other time in the round, he should and probably would get called for it. my view is young, but still, i think a lot of people share the way i feel about my heros and icons, and that is i would rather my hero save the day by slaying the dragon rather than shooting it in the back... metaphorically speaking. ken wasnt really in the "wrong" for doing what he did, but it does kinda take him off the pedestal i put him on. in the end, this really isnt about the rules, its about the opinions. and internet forums rarely change those :)

Yeah I kind of agree ........Climo had every right to make sure the Rules were properly followed by making the call. But it does just take a little bit away of "my" image of him being the Champ. Dont get me wrong Climo will always be the man and I will always look up to him. But not quite the same way as before.
I know its sounds silly but its kind of like John Wayne. In a gunfight he had every right by Law to shoot the villainous criminal in any kind of manner to get the job done. But good ole Duke would never settle for shooting a villain in the back even if the rules say he could. He would always, with a heart of a lion , face him man to man.
JMHO

you ask me, that's the primary difference between professional sports and casual or amateur sports.

It's not all just for fun for those guys. Being the "good sport" and letting a foot fault or extra stroke go might mean loss of money in your pocket. The guys seem to really get along well and are friendly despite the money.

Honestly, I feel the same way, it's one of the reasons I dropped out of organized sports when I reached college. It became too competitive and driven and wasn't fun any longer. The NFL players are famous for saying you're always playing "hurt", you just try not to play "injured". Now, their definitions of hurt vary greatly from mine!

By the way, if Cale's toss down had been ruled a stroke, and Ken won outright at that point, it's a $900 difference between 1st & 2nd place. I don't know about the rest of you, but if I was offered $900 I'd take it. It puts a lot of groceries on the table or could pick up a nice toy. :)

Unfortunately, all victories in pro sports aren't all honey and sugar. Just ask the Phoenix Suns who lost to the Spurs this year after getting 3 of their players ejected and held out for another game.

bogies are free said:
beatdeadhorse.gif

it is what it is

hehe

black udder said:
How do you feel about the infamous NFL's "tuck" rule?

:evil:

Brady F'n Fumbled!!!!
He clearly wasn't trying to throw the ball when he got hit, ergo FUMBLE!
That was a fricken fumble.

*sigh* just another poor Raiders fan that was livid while watchin that game, and still am.

The Euphoric Nightmare said:
black udder said:
How do you feel about the infamous NFL's "tuck" rule?

Brady F'n Fumbled!!!!
He clearly wasn't trying to throw the ball when he got hit, ergo FUMBLE!
That was a fricken fumble.

*sigh* just another poor Raiders fan that was livid while watchin that game, and still am.
I feel your pain. I broke my Aunt's kitchen cupboard that night. My uncle and I still agonize over the "Snow Bowl" almost every time we watch the Raiders...

add to that the big "what if..." the Pats hadn't won that year, would they have had the confidence from that season to become the dynasty they evolved into?

For conspiracy buffs ... how suspicious is it that the year of 9/11 the "Patriots" win the Super Bowl? hmmm....

I'm not a raider or a Pats fan, but that was SO a fumble... ew. horrible call.

black udder said:
For conspiracy buffs ... how suspicious is it that the year of 9/11 the "Patriots" win the Super Bowl? hmmm....

If ya wish to speak of symbology/conspiracy...
Don't forget the World Series post 9/11.
The Diamondback (a snake, symbol of evil) that bit into the Yankees.

Great series though. Was living in Phoenix at the time and that was one 'ell of a party after that game 7. :wink:

don't forget that all fighter jets were grounded the day of. wtf over

I am a diehard Patriots fan born and raised in MA and even I thought it was a fumble, although I was very happy with the call (to say the least). It still comes up every now and then with my dad and other friends around here and every time we come to the same conclusion but hey, worked out well for us and momentum carried. Thanks p=mv (raises glasses...erm maybe not cuz i wear contacts....imagine me wearing glasses and then pushing them up my nose)

Please pardon the fact that I'm just now throwing my two cents in, but I've been out of town up until today. I'm going to look at this from a different aspect. What if any of us had been in the position of beating Climo? Then let's assume that he makes a huge putt to tie it up and spiked his disc. What would you do then?