• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Clover leaf

T.Hizzle

Eagle Member
Anyone ever clover leaf a disc trying to make it more understable?

Attachments

• IMG_0602.jpg
    IMG_0602.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 448
  • IMG_0603.jpg
    IMG_0603.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_0612.jpg
    IMG_0612.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 296
Geez....not that bad, I haven't. lol. You might be able to fix it. Pop it in the oven (dry heat) around 150 or so, check it after a few minutes, and let it cool on something that will fit inside the rim maybe with a flat weight on top...couple of different sized pots maybe.

Was this caused by suctioning with the boiling water method?

Geez....not that bad, I haven't. lol. You might be able to fix it. Pop it in the oven (dry heat) around 150 or so, check it after a few minutes, and let it cool on something that will fit inside the rim maybe with a flat weight on top...couple of different sized pots maybe.

Was this caused by suctioning with the boiling water method?

Nope! No water used. Just lots of mini folds around the rim. It has worked with Z and Champ. plastic. Maybe Echo plastic is just crap...

its fixable. don't put it in the oven. boil water and pour it into the disc face down. fill it all the way up and let it sit til cool it should take care of most of that. man that sucks.

its fixable. don't put it in the oven. boil water and pour it into the disc face down. fill it all the way up and let it sit til cool it should take care of most of that. man that sucks.

Tried that. Didn't make any difference at all. Any other ideas?

I've had it happen to me with dx and I did everything to fix it and nothing worked

yeah one more idea. grab a pot that the disc will fit into. Boil water separate in the microwave. place disc in the pot face down and fill up the pot over the disc. its key that you do not boil the water in the pot, but pace the disc in the pot and pour boiling water around and over the disc. Plastic has a little memory and wants to go back to normal. hopefully this will help.

you could also suspect this in a bowl face down and pour boiling water into the disc and let sit. this will cause the dome to pop back out.

Wow...that's crazy. I've never done it with echo, but like you, all the bending I've done on champ, star, opto, gl, etc...no troubles at all. If you can shape it back, let us know what worked for you.

Maybe don't try to make post production modifications and you won't ruin your discs, that thing looks like dookie.
If you want your disc more understable, beat it in like a real discgolfer. more time on the course less in the kitchen...unless you are gonna make me a sammich

any luck yet t hizzle?? that thing is f'd. id like to get a hold of it to see if i can fix it. i love to mess with discs. hope you can get it worked out. it may be a lost cause though sorry man.

myth.jpg

Is that an exaggeration? That stamp is pretty recent :\

Yes a myth. Truth is I traded for it and was hoping it would have been more understable. So one night sitting around the campfire I folded the rim with about 20 folds for a full rotation. Did the 4X and this disc ended up like that. Funny thing is that is still flies stable. Tournament legal?

Yes a myth. Truth is I traded for it and was hoping it would have been more understable. So one night sitting around the campfire I folded the rim with about 20 folds for a full rotation. Did the 4X and this disc ended up like that. Funny thing is that is still flies stable. Tournament legal?

when are you going to play a tourney?