• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Colorado to California

bobmcnelly

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
In October I am planning on driving from Steamboat Springs Co to Cloverdale Ca. Considering that the disc golf is very limited in Utah and Nevada, my plan is to just shoot straight to the Lake Tahoe area and spend a few days there. Then heading to Cloverdale for a few days for a family reunion. Then my plan was to head north and check out Birds of Paradise along some of the other north Cal courses. Any recommendations or advice for the Tahoe area and North Cal? I heard the road to Birds of Paradise is pretty treacherous, should a Subaru Imprezza be able to handle it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Taylor mountain in santa rosa, Lake sonoma is a fun 9 holer. Have fun!

I'm excited to play Taylor Mountain, I've been to Cloverdale before but only played the Lake Sonoma course and some of the Ukiah Courses.

No personal experience, but i've noticed a lot of new courses have been popping up lately in Utah. I hear Solitude/The Canyons is great. Some others are probably worth checking out if you have the time. Did you browse the map under the courses tab? (not trying to be a wise guy :))

No personal experience, but i've noticed a lot of new courses have been popping up lately in Utah. I hear Solitude/The Canyons is great. Some others are probably worth checking out if you have the time. Did you browse the map under the courses tab? (not trying to be a wise guy :))

I did. And there are courses around SLC but it's pretty sparce otherwise. And hardly any right off 80. I'll most likely play a round as I'm passing through SLC but I'm not planning on staying there.

I guess all I really need to know is the current condition of the road to Birds of Paradise.

Bump! Still need any info on Birds of Paradise. Please!

Word I've heard is you really have to know someone to plays Birds. Tougher than Flyboy. I don't have any connection I can share. Maybe someone will p.m. you, or, if you have a lead; I suggest you do some pming.

I was at Birds last year and the road was nothing to worry about then. They were hondas and all kinds of small cars there.

I guess all I really need to know is the current condition of the road to Birds of Paradise.

The road to BOP isn't as bad as sissies from the city make it out to be. I've been driving out that road in my Cavalier for years and never had a problem. The hard part of making it out there is getting someone to let you in and show you around. I would suggest trying to get a hold of Caleb sooner than later.