• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

I pick up a mj esp "glow" recently. Great disc.
Definitely more stability than the glow z I lost a while back. It's flight reminds me a lot of my proxy, but longer. Pretty decent hss, definitely bites back at the end of its flight, where the z had a neutral finish. Holds a hyser pretty well. And great distance potential.
I suspect I'll have to get a less stable compliment, but we'll see how this one breaks in.
Any experience with how these comets wear?

I don't have any experience with this one in particular but if you look back in the thread a lot of people say they hold their stability very well.

Watched a slow flat turn on a Comet drive go right into the basket today. Second time I've seen this disc ace.

In the hands of someone who knows how to throw it, fuggetaboutit.

Picked up a 176g ESP used a while back and decided to put it in the bag yesterday. Older white ESP and not as flippy as some of the newer, pre-swirly ESP. It flew where I threw it so it's staying in the bag for the winter at least.

My ever evolving Discraft mid line up is back to Wasp/Comet with the Buzzz on the bench. OS bookend is a DGA Quake that ain't coming out of the bag.

My ever evolving Discraft mid line up is back to Wasp/Comet with the Buzzz on the bench. OS bookend is a DGA Quake that ain't coming out of the bag.

Literally the best frickin mid line up anyone could put together. I often think if people would stop drinking the Buzzz cool-aid they could see the value in these fantastic mids from Discraft/DGA...not to say the popular kids arent worth the hype and all :)

Was out testing a few disc for a spot in the bag today. .

Z Meteor. . 300 M4 . . . STARi . . and Z Comet. . . . got a ACE on hole one with the Comet...GAME OVER

So which plastics should i go for? . . i have the Big Z/ Ti combo for my Undertakers and Vultures. . .good combo for the Comet?

Was out testing a few disc for a spot in the bag today. .

Z Meteor. . 300 M4 . . . STARi . . and Z Comet. . . . got a ACE on hole one with the Comet...GAME OVER

So which plastics should i go for? . . i have the Big Z/ Ti combo for my Undertakers and Vultures. . .good combo for the Comet?

I would go with a 2018 esp or MJ signature comet combined with an X comet. Whenever the more stable one is broke in enough to be understable replace it with another. Also they are coming out with some z sparkle for ledgestone 2019 which might be a good stable plastic. How fast and stable was the stari btw? What plastic was it?

I have a few STARi in Premium. . I flies close to a Meteor, maybe a few feet longer. . But the rim of the STARi feels a bit wierd

I have Comet in Z, Big Z and X... think i´m going to try Ti and MJ .No 2018 ESP in my webbstore

I have a few STARi in Premium. . I flies close to a Meteor, maybe a few feet longer. . But the rim of the STARi feels a bit wierd

I have Comet in Z, Big Z and X... think i´m going to try Ti and MJ .No 2018 ESP in my webbstore

I would just use the Z and the X for now, no need to pick up a ti or MJ unless you just really want to.

I'm really enjoying an older flat ESP comet for my flippy slot, and then the MJ Glo ESP for the more stable slot.

I do like the elite x aswell! Z is a little slick for my liking. Ti is less stable than the MJ's.

Got my first ace today! 225' slightly uphill over a pond with a right to left 10mph crosswind. Threw my '18 ESP comet low and flat. Flew dead straight towards basket the entire flight and right into the center of the chains. It was super satisfying to watch. I honestly couldn't have putted more dead center.

I'm thinking about picking up a Comet with some gift card money. I figure worst case scenario is it becomes a one disc round disc for me, that I can use as a diagnostic tool.

How much mustard do you need to put on it to get it to hold an anny line? The only real hole in my bag is the understable putter slot. I sometimes bag a beat DX Colt for a particularly wooded course, but typically an Envy is the least stable throwing putter I carry. I know the Comet isn't a putter, but I'm curious if it will hold a turnover line under 150'. Also, among Discraft's premium/durable plastic types, which one flies the least stable?

I'm thinking about picking up a Comet with some gift card money. I figure worst case scenario is it becomes a one disc round disc for me, that I can use as a diagnostic tool.

How much mustard do you need to put on it to get it to hold an anny line? The only real hole in my bag is the understable putter slot. I sometimes bag a beat DX Colt for a particularly wooded course, but typically an Envy is the least stable throwing putter I carry. I know the Comet isn't a putter, but I'm curious if it will hold a turnover line under 150'. Also, among Discraft's premium/durable plastic types, which one flies the least stable?

I would recommend you try out an elite x comet which will season more like pro plastic. Or if you want extra durability without getting too stable, just get a stock ESP comet which is basically "star" plastic.

Doesn't take much effort to get a comet to hold an anny line. You can either throw them hard and flat, and they will drift right on their own. Or you can softly force them over too (not too much like a roller however).

I use the comet for when my magics or bangers will come up too short for those straight/anny shots. It's glide will net you free distance over your putters.

My yellow PFN (can we say that yet?) ESP Comet is $$$. Hyzer release, flips flat and goes straight...so easy to throw. It's an oddball, it's pretty flat.

Latest posts