• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

I did a mini-session in the field today.
The second group in this video proves that Comets can hold a 380' hyzer.
It's very apparent that I am much more familiar with Comets and Rocs than Mako3s, Wombat3s, or even Buzzzes.
The other mold I'm throwing is the Dart. It's like a small diameter, shorter Comet with more HSS. Very interesting disc and I think I really like it... especially in R-Pro. I need to get it out to the course for some real rounds.

Last edited:
I've ordered two from SunKing. The only other sparkle z I have are an RR signed blue one and a green DGLO green thrower that I found at pias in the used bin.

My BH sucks...time to throw Comets again. :thmbup:

Was feeling froggy recently with some decent gain in distance but I kinda lost it. Taking everything over 10 speed out of the bag for a bit and gonna do some serious Comet field work.

I actually picked up a Gote and I gotta say it's worthy of inclusion in the Comet field work bag.

Interesting; I'll have to check one of those out.
Although I will say… I have auditioned so many molds against the Comet and none have ever beat it out.

My prediction: You will be very impressed by the Gote, but the Comet will win out.

(At least that's my experience)

It's tough to beat out a Comet. I dabble a bit with lower ceilings but if my games not sharp there's always a Comet in the bag to lean on.

I actually picked up a Gote and I gotta say it's worthy of inclusion in the Comet field work bag.

Gote absolutely has some awesome glide and a similar feel to the Comet, but is hands down more (over)stable at both high and low speeds. I described the feel as a Comet/Shark love child in the Gote thread. Hell, it might have less resistance to turn than the two new Z Wasps I've been throwing recently (one is new run, one is old shaky Z stamp).

My prediction: You will be very impressed by the Gote, but the Comet will win out.

(At least that's my experience)

I feel like the Gote sits between the Comet (even beefy new ESP runs) and something more stable. An array of Gotes might work well for a midrange set up but I struggle to see something to pair them with that isn't understable a la Stingray. If I tried to do that I'd be worried my more stable mid has so much damn glide and will be affected by the wind more than I'd like. I don't know...it's a sweet mold but I have mixed emotions about it.

Source: 40ish throws with the Gote

Gote absolutely has some awesome glide and a similar feel to the Comet, but is hands down more (over)stable at both high and low speeds. I described the feel as a Comet/Shark love child in the Gote thread. Hell, it might have less resistance to turn than the two new Z Wasps I've been throwing recently (one is new run, one is old shaky Z stamp).

I feel like the Gote sits between the Comet (even beefy new ESP runs) and something more stable. An array of Gotes might work well for a midrange set up but I struggle to see something to pair them with that isn't understable a la Stingray. If I tried to do that I'd be worried my more stable mid has so much damn glide and will be affected by the wind more than I'd like. I don't know...it's a sweet mold but I have mixed emotions about it.

Source: 40ish throws with the Gote

I dunno man. I've been able to get the Gote to hold an anny pretty easily but I agree it's a tic more stable than a Comet. I could see bagging one with my Buzzz. The disc is probably gonna end up in the same place if you throw them properly but the Gote will take longer to get there and needs more air under it.

Oh you can totally throw an anny with them, and I'd have zero issue making them roll easily BH. I more meant power shots with say just a couple degrees of hyzer are going to hold that line more than Comets/Buzzz' that would be more likely to "pop to flat."

Super curious what a beat up one would do! Not trying to turn anyone off the mold whatsoever...I just talked about how I'm throwing Comets and Wasps after preaching for years how much I hate beaded mids (aside from Cobras). We're all different and we all change over time as well:thmbup:

Just what i need. Another comet. I ordered one for the greater good of science. I wonder if it will be more stable than the MJ ESP GLO's...?

Apparently quite a few people jumped on these. When SunKing called to ask if I was OK with a different color than yellow he said they underestimated the demand. They apparently flew off the shelf.

I chose pink for my second color, just in case VictorB wasn't able to snag a pink one for himself.

Apparently quite a few people jumped on these. When SunKing called to ask if I was OK with a different color than yellow he said they underestimated the demand. They apparently flew off the shelf.

I chose pink for my second color, just in case VictorB wasn't able to snag a pink one for himself.
Lol @ underestimated the demand. How could you look at that disc and NOT know you had an instant hit? According to my wife when I saw your post last night this happened:

Me: Hey, come look at this!
My daughter: What?
Me: Z Comets in limited edition sparkle!
My daughter: OH MY GOD!
Me: GO GET YOUR WALLET RIGHT NOW!
My daughter: (running back over) I HAVE IT RIGHT HERE! WE NEED AT LEAST 30 OF THEM!

It's actually exactly how I recall the conversation going as well. :eek: We only ordered two, though.

Latest posts