• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Comet lovers

How many 3rd run ESPs will you buy?

Votes: 9 12.9%

Votes: 13 18.6%

• 10+... as many as my favorite store has in stock

Votes: 5 7.1%

• 6-10

Votes: 13 18.6%

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • all the pink ones I can find :)

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
DC has a twitter account?

juju said:
Damn, Sun King sent me two 173-4's when I ordered max weight. Anybody want to buy a red and orange 173-4?

my boy MuchachoGrande got burned like that too. They sent me a 178 and 179 one so I'm all good but I guess people might need to be careful buying from them.

A good place to show our collective desire for more ESP Comets: Discraft's facebook page. Make a post or comment about how much we want regular run ESP Comets!

http://www.facebook.com/Discraft?sk=wall

(You must "Like" them before posting.)

well ive never thrown an esp comet. i have a couple x and a couple z, i like the dome of the x ones and the grip but they beat a little fast and taco too much. i had one really nice beat one that took a couple bad tree hits in the same spot and now its not the same. the z are flat and i dont really like the grip of any champ type plastic but i carry them more often then my x now hopeing it would beat in nice after a while. i bought a few of these new run esp. hopefully i will like em and they will be a nice compromise between domey and grippy but still durable.

I told myself i wouldnt get into buying more plastic for my bag and not anything hard to find/expensive to replace, but i just keep telling myelf they are $14 right now so they dont count.

Ode, it was a great choice to buy ESP Comets, but if you find you're having a real hard time with them or have buyers remorse....I'll be sure and take them off your hands.

I just got the two pink 178s I ordered and they have an incredibly smooth flight with tons of glide. They are nice and domey. Right out of the box they hold a perfect line with a tiny bit of fade at the very end. Perfect.

Jeronimo said:
I don't even throw them anymore and I bought 6...

Just keep those hidden away and I'll take those off your hands sometime at Woodland. Although, I purchased 7 myself!

Jerbob said:
Jeronimo said:
I don't even throw them anymore and I bought 6...

Just keep those hidden away and I'll take those off your hands sometime at Woodland. Although, I purchased 7 myself!

HAH, you'll have to pry them out of my cold dead fingers :wink:

these just need to get to me.

I could have waited a day for my shop to get them in (didn't know when/if they were going to), but no, I had to freak out and order some from marshal street

So, bit more info needed on the comet buyers guide, is a z-comet considered domy when the shoulder continues as a dome just to the inner side of the circle stamp, and then turns to flat ground, or should I look for a fully gradual domed ones?

The gradually domey ones are better but I don't have a problem throwing the high shoulder, flat circle stamp one.

Yeah, they're straight for me to 300-330' so just thought if there's something magical with the gradual domed ones. Gotta get some of those as well, if I can find any.

Everytime I throw a good throw with these things I fall more deeply in love with these discs, my horde is up to 2 z's and 1 x so far!

went out today and threw one of the yellow ones that is more flat than the blues/reds/oranges i have. at max weight its a little more stable then the 171 z i have been carrying. great straight flight and flew well even into a slight headwind. at this elevation i really love the flight, just like a good beat roc. but i miss the understable flight i enjoyed at sea level :(

Brighter than this?
PinkComet-300.jpg