• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Comet lovers

How many 3rd run ESPs will you buy?

Votes: 9 12.9%

Votes: 13 18.6%

• 10+... as many as my favorite store has in stock

Votes: 5 7.1%

• 6-10

Votes: 13 18.6%

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • all the pink ones I can find :)

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
Sean40474 said:
What is with the range of prices we're seeing with these ESP Comets....$13 to $25?

everywhere I saw that went up to $25 brought their prices back down to normal ESP prices (~$15)

Got my ESPs in from DGC.
I'm totally stoked about my "red" one... it is one of those watermelon colored ones. I would have ordered a bunch more if I had known they would be this color!
The blue ones are transition-swirly and look totally smurfy. Groovy, man.

They are nice and domey/nice and stiff. I am nice and broke.
If you are on the fence about whether or not to try this run... DO IT! This is one of those desireable runs.
8x Rocs? 11x Teebirds? Baby blue Illusions? First Run Destros? Bar stamp Buzzzes? Third Run Comets.

fondled a bunch today, bought a 176g slightly swirly orange, with a good amount of dome.

I have X's, a few Z's, and 5 2nd run ESP LE's that are all pretty flat for comparison.

this run is def more stable than the flatter 2nd run. right now it's flying similar to a worn 179g Z that i have. I think it'll beat in perfectly.

I got my order of three esp comets from clearwater and was fairly disappointed... I specified that I would like them all either blue or red, no yellows, they sent me (all max weight which is what I requested) but two were cream (fairly domey, these fly just how I wanted them to) but they sent me a yellow one that is crazy flat, pretty flippy. If I heat some water to make the yellow more domey is there a chance it will fly more stable?

yah i have one of those yellows from the second one, this one is significantly harder and almost feels somewhat champ/espish. With that being said it is max weight and is slightly more stable than my second run one but it is still flippy...

weird, can you take some pics? I would like to see the dome b/c I was gonna pull the trigger later this week on some yellows but am now worried. Anyone else get a yellow one and notice the same thing?

I love my new run yellows. I'll post comparison pics to the 2nd run yellows.

Was the yellow I traded you for an orange a flippy flat one frank? I thought it was decent dome and stable. I still have it's twin to compare to the new run yellows.

Frank Delicious said:
uh...I don't remember which one you traded me exactly. Does it have any identifying marks?

Not really. Yellow with black stamp 179. Traded back in October for your orange with the circle part of the stamp removed.

yeah that matches like 10 comets of mine so I can't really tell you definitely since they are a mix of 1st and 2nd runs.

It's hard for me to get very good comparison pics with my phone...

5730787144_3814cdcb70.jpg

Yellow is my least favorite of the new run. The oranges I've seen have the best dome. Followed by the red and I haven't seen the blues yet.

Marshall street also got another batch in and they aren't price gouging. I'm really starting to like ordering from them more and more. I have to order at least $50 to get the free shipping but damn do they get it to me quick.

Damn, Sun King sent me two 173-4's when I ordered max weight. Anybody want to buy a red and orange 173-4?

Dump truck said:
It's hard for me to get very good comparison pics with my phone...

5730787144_3814cdcb70.jpg

Yellow is my least favorite of the new run. The oranges I've seen have the best dome. Followed by the red and I haven't seen the blues yet.

Marshall street also got another batch in and they aren't price gouging. I'm really starting to like ordering from them more and more. I have to order at least $50 to get the free shipping but damn do they get it to me quick.

They've become my favorite for this very reason. I'm all the way up north and they get them to me in 2 days depending on what time I order.

juju said:
Damn, Sun King sent me two 173-4's when I ordered max weight. Anybody want to buy a red and orange 173-4?

I would have if I had seen this post earlier, I just bought 5 more (Orange 176) from M St.