• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Comet lovers

How many 3rd run ESPs will you buy?

Votes: 9 12.9%

Votes: 13 18.6%

• 10+... as many as my favorite store has in stock

Votes: 5 7.1%

• 6-10

Votes: 13 18.6%

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • all the pink ones I can find :)

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
So I was golfing in the snow yesterday, and spent time looking for 2 discs (ironically, the 2nd was right after I'd taken the ribbon off of it...).

The first was my FR Z Stalker, which I left on the course for someone to find for me because I was tired and cranky and didn't feel like looking and holding up the card behind us anymore.

The second was an ESP Comet, which you can be DAMN sure I looked for until I found it! :lol:

So I was out playing yesterday afternoon at Oakland University, which has lots of turnover/anny lines. There're usually a few options for all of the holes, but I just couldn't resist :twisted:

I think 6 or 7 times people were shocked enough to make remarks about my annies on shots I made with my Comet...it made my godawful score seem just a little bit better :lol:

Have you written to Discraft?
Anyone who wants Z Glo Comets...
LET YOUR VOICES BE HEARD; WRITE TO DISCRAFT!
The more people that write to discraft the better chance we have. I have already written about Z Glo Comets several times. I can't convince them by myself.

marmoset said:
Have you written to Discraft?
Anyone who wants Z Glo Comets...
LET YOUR VOICES BE HEARD; WRITE TO DISCRAFT!
The more people that write to discraft the better chance we have. I have already written about Z Glo Comets several times. I can't convince them by myself.

Will do.

so i have some discs on discaroo...checking it out and seeing what it is all about. anyway my question is about this comet. i am getting tons of interest in this disc..like almost all trade requests i get are for this disc, is there something special about it i don't know? i picked it up at a local store a while back and it cost the same as any other mid.

DSC01515.JPG

doublej said:
so i have some discs on discaroo...checking it out and seeing what it is all about. anyway my question is about this comet. i am getting tons of interest in this disc..like almost all trade requests i get are for this disc, is there something special about it i don't know? i picked it up at a local store a while back and it cost the same as any other mid.

It's an ESP Comet. They were a limited edition run that Discraft has been unwilling to run again. They're the best flying and have the best grip of the modern ones (in my opinion).

Bear in mind they sell for $20-25 on ebay now, and you can't find them in stores. Don't take a cheap trade on it!

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that one's max weight (178g or more) and really flat on top compared to other Comets?

Ok, so it was just dumb luck that i bought this one! its not max, its 173 and as for flat or not i can't ever tell. i have a buzz that i really like cause it feels really flat to me but i have been told it is domey....so i'm not one to make that call!

I just want to pull in the reigns a little... it's not like you're sitting on a gold mine or anything so don't be too crazy with your requests.

The going price for them new was ussually around $19.99 due to the "Limited Edition" status so they haven't inflated in price too much. They are harder to come by now though since they are pretty much sold out in stores (trades are the only way to get them).

thanks!, i didn't know why it was the only disc that anyone seemed interested in...makes sense though if the only way to get one now is to trade.

Cool disc: http://cgi.ebay.com/DISCRAFT-RARE-1998-COLLECTOR-GLO-180g-COMET-GOLF-DISC_W0QQitemZ370240479369QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item56340d6089

I think that's Skabob's buddy's auction. I'd buy a bunch of these if they still made them.

I wish I could see that at work to see what it is...if It's a glow Comet, I'll have to slap that bastard! I told him I want all of those he can find! :lol:

He DID just snag me a pretty blue 1st run Comet that doesn't glow, though...

SkaBob said:
I wish I could see that at work to see what it is...if It's a glow Comet, I'll have to slap that bastard! I told him I want all of those he can find! :lol:

He DID just snag me a pretty blue 1st run Comet that doesn't glow, though...

It is a glow Comet!