• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Comet lovers

How many 3rd run ESPs will you buy?

Votes: 9 12.9%

Votes: 13 18.6%

• 10+... as many as my favorite store has in stock

Votes: 5 7.1%

• 6-10

Votes: 13 18.6%

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • all the pink ones I can find :)

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
Any update on the glo comets? I just got some new z's that are pretty cash, but a little less hss than my limited run esps from a couple years ago.

Well looks like Discraft is finally putting the ESP comet into their regular line up instead of just doing Limited Edition runs every now and then (OK so they only did 2 LE runs but you know what I mean)

gremlin75 said:
Well looks like Discraft is finally putting the ESP comet into their regular line up instead of just doing Limited Edition runs every now and then (OK so they only did 2 LE runs but you know what I mean)

:idea: Looks like we need a new poll now that esp is going to be in production.

So...I snagged a 177g Cryztal Comet from the local PIAS over the weekend...and I am very sad to report that it flies like a turd. I think it's the gumminess of the plastic that makes it fly so oddly.

BLURR said:
So...I snagged a 177g Cryztal Comet from the local PIAS over the weekend...and I am very sad to report that it flies like a turd. I think it's the gumminess of the plastic that makes it fly so oddly.

glad I haven't bought any yet then, was tempted to buy a couple from LSDiscs last weekend but passed. I have plenty of esps and glows to last me for a while so I don't really need them, but they are pretty.

victorb said:
BLURR said:

glad I haven't bought any yet then, was tempted to buy a couple from LSDiscs last weekend but passed. I have plenty of esps and glows to last me for a while so I don't really need them, but they are pretty.

Yeah...the Cryztal is not that great. The new runs of the glow are a nice firm blend of Z and have worked great for turnovers for me without the worry of odd wobbling I get from gummy Z. I am really liking the Midnight Z Comet as well. Between the Midnight and the Glow that I carry, I probably throw them for 90% of my midrange shots.

Oh god, they made midnight Comets? Man...vanish for a few years and you miss all sorts of things! Never was a fan of that plastic...

SkaBob said:
Oh god, they made midnight Comets? Man...vanish for a few years and you miss all sorts of things! Never was a fan of that plastic...

The midnight comet's are the bomb. Leaps and bounds better than the Cryztal.

Has anyone thrown the new production esp comets? I got 4 of the le esp ones from the 3rd run, and I'm hoping they didn't screw with the mold or blend too much because they are fantastic.

I ordered one of the new esp, and it is far less hss than my 3rd runs. I have 3 178-180 3rd runs that will hold pretty much dead straight to 300' on a flat release. My new one turns really early, and I really have to flip it to make it hold straight at all. jubuttib, how does yours fly, and what weight/color is it? Mine is 179 and pink.

Mine's kinda sorta pink (it's not a really vibrant pink though), 176, and has as far as I can tell the same HSS as my 178 3rd Run, meaning just a slight turn when pulled hard. All of my 3rd runs have a slight turn, the only ones I've thrown that don't turn at all are Z Comets, and some X Comets.

I need to pick up a Comet. Three years in and I have never thrown one. Where should I start in terms of plastic / weight? My workhorse mid is a 167 gram QMS.

Who knows since your bag and preferences are unknown. If slick is not a problem Z if it is ESP and if faster wearing to more flipping and straighter (yes even straighter finish) is needed X.

I'd go with a Z (they're the most neutral of the Comets), then add an X next to it.

BLURR said:

ugh

me too

Got my first Comet ace today! Green and sparkly 180g Elite X, 210 ft, under the hanging branches and smack bang in the middle of the chains! Oh its a beautiful thing! My buzzzes in the bag are getting fewer and fewer and the ones that are left are hardly used anymore. One newish overstable Z and one überflippy D.

centipod said:
Got my first Comet ace today! Green and sparkly 180g Elite X, 210 ft, under the hanging branches and smack bang in the middle of the chains! Oh its a beautiful thing! My buzzzes in the bag are getting fewer and fewer and the ones that are left are hardly used anymore. One newish overstable Z and one überflippy D.

Congrats man.

A Comet is a wonderful Midrange once gotten use to. Plus it's one of the best Midranges ever made. :D