• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Commander - New Midrange

Yeah I was going to say this looks like Innova took the VRoc wing and put a different top on it.

Oh gosh darn... Innova's making me want to spend money again. :eek: VTech Commander more OS than the Roc3 and VRoc but not quite a Gator? Sounds all too... useful... :thmbup:

Can't tell in the pic but does it have the vtech convex wing. Pic looks allot like the rocumunga.

The idea of having 3 discs named VRoc something or other is lame. Maybe they just dropped that naming scheme and went with Commander.

The idea of having 3 discs named VRoc something or other is lame. Maybe they just dropped that naming scheme and went with Commander.

I think you're right. The Whale, Colt, Wombat, and now Commander use V-tech without naming the mold "V-". No surprise they tried to use the famous "Roc" name, and then the "Aviar" name, but they can only do that so much...

After looking at the pic and my two vroc2s I think they are the same. The dome and everything looks the same. Anybody have the official pdga measurements for both. Did they even have to submit for the vroc2? Mine are real hss but the fade DEFINITELY ain't no 3 fade. Hope it's not a rebranded rocumunga.

After looking at the pic and my two vroc2s I think they are the same. The dome and everything looks the same. Anybody have the official pdga measurements for both. Did they even have to submit for the vroc2? Mine are real hss but the fade DEFINITELY ain't no 3 fade. Hope it's not a rebranded rocumunga.

The specs are close enough that it could be a VRoc rebranded of some sort. I actually thought of that a while back.

Pics please; we need this conspiracy to grow. Profile of Commander vs profile of VRoc2. Lord I hope not, I had such hopes for the Commander. I will still try it when it comes out in production, but the profile pic has turned me off enough that I am no longer willing to buy one for $20.

Last edited:
Agreed. Definitely looks like the Vroc bottom. I don't hate the Vroc rim and feel it's just not my favorite. I'm also not a fan of domey mids. The pic has deflated my enthusiasm a bit but I'll still give it a shot.

Agreed. I was hoping this would be a Sentinel/Verdict type disc.
This looks chunky and overall just Meh :|

I dont have any vrocs to compare to but this is beefy. I will downgrade the glide slightly as my sanny q sent glides farther but this thing is working well for me. Im getting better releases on this than my large bead gator...

What is the fade like now that you have thrown it more? Same diameter as Rancho or roc3? I liked the vroc2 but unless they tweAked it I don't think it has a 5 speed or a 3 fade.

After throwing it some more today I would have to put it at a 4 speed, 3 glide, 0 turn, 2.5-3 fade. It goes dead straight for me about 260-270 then fades hard left, as hard left as my gator or beat in sanny q sent. That's the best I can say as of now, I still want to try some more tests but it feels like a longer gator to me as of right now.

picture.php
[/IMG]

Commander on top, middle Sentinel, bottom VCobra (sorry, couldn't find a true profile0

If the Sentinel is a Stingray top and Cobra bottom, maybe the Commander is a VSentinel

I see no pics.

Sorry, my first attempt at embedding pics. They showed up for me so I did not think anything of it. Will try again later after work.

Any pointers would help. I have the image uploaded to a DGCR album, but messed up somewhere after that.

Last edited:
commander vs sentinel vs vcobra.jpg
Commander on top, middle Sentinel, bottom VCobra (sorry, couldn't find a true profile pic)

If the Sentinel is a Stingray top and Cobra bottom, maybe the Commander is a VSentinel

Last edited:
Noticed today the sentinel and whippet have the same shoulder/top. So instead of the V sentinel it could be called the Vippet.