• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Commander vs. Ranger Bag

AlexD243

Par Member
My birthday is coming up soon and I am looking to get a new bag. I just bought the Innova Deluxe bag about a month or so ago but I want something better with more space for discs and other stuff. I saw the Ranger bag and think it looks great but for 175$ I am not too sure. I also noticed the Commander bag but don't like it as much as the Ranger but I sure do like the price better at 80$, with it I would also get the Phenix Quad Shocks for 40$. So it would either be 175$ for the Ranger or 120$ for the Commander w/ straps... What do you guys think??:popcorn:

The commander is deceptive on the number of discs it can hold. My buddy Jim is still using his although I believe he wants a Ranger so he has more storage and isn't the only guy without a backpack bag. If you just need to store twenty discs get the commander. If you want to carry that and some more you are going to have to go up to the ranger for that.

I have 19 in the main 2 putters in the side. Plenty of room left up top for more discs. The ranger is a great option. The layout of the pockets is awesome. You cannot go wrong with the ranger. If you get the commander you will always be thinking about the ranger.

I just ordered a ranger as an upgrade from a fade tourney bag. I'll post my thoughts when it arrives.

Anyone think I should go with the commander?

I think anyone who has used a backpack style bag will vote Ranger, including myself. If you decide you don't want a backpack style bag, I would definitely recommend checking out a mojo or karma before you pull the trigger on a commander.

If you decide you don't want a backpack style bag, I would definitely recommend checking out a mojo or karma before you pull the trigger on a commander.

Just looked up the Voodoo bags and they look sweet.... Now I guess it's between the Ranger or the Karma:rolleyes:

Just looked up the Voodoo bags and they look sweet.... Now I guess it's between the Ranger or the Karma:rolleyes:

I had a Karma for a while before I got my Ergo. The Karma is a fantasic bag, but it can get heavy because it is a classic style bag. If you are set on not getting a backpack, I definitely recommend the Karma.

Latest posts