• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Company's must have discs

I gotta give some love for my 1 must have disc: the Quest T-bone. I would have a hard time playing a round without one.
I can understand some of the Quest hate, they do have some goofy, weird stuff. But they make some discs that are great.

I don't think that these discs are a must have from the company by any means, but they work well for certain players:

Innova: Valk/Beast/Wraith/Destroyer/Boss depending on arm speed.
The Roc.
TeeBird.

Discraft: Buzzz.
Wasp

Gateway: Diablo.
Spirit.

Lightning: Only discs for beginners.

Ching: That Juju is one nasty straight putter.

Quest AT: Nothing once you've realized that experimenting with random ideas rarely helps in DG.

Oh, I'll take a crack at it.

Innova: Polecat, Birdie, Sonic
Discraft: Buzzz, Wasp, Surge (Nebula is highly underrated).
Millennium: QMS, QJLS, QSentinel MF
Lat. 64: Striker, Core, ???
Gateway: Wizard, Warlock, VooDoo, Sabre, Illusion
Quest AT: Um, the Wildfire?
Lightning: Something with a number or a crappy plane on it.
Daredevil: Beaver
DGA: No idea, I hear the Rogue is pretty nifty, and the Titanic if for some dumb reason you need a Magnet in premium plastic.

Innova - Teebird, Roc, Destroyer, Xcaliber
Discraft - Buzzz, Flick
Lightning - #2 Helix
Gateway - Wizard, Voodoo, Magic
Whammo - yeah, right

I gotta give some love for my 1 must have disc: the Quest T-bone. I would have a hard time playing a round without one.
I can understand some of the Quest hate, they do have some goofy, weird stuff. But they make some discs that are great.
Right there with you, bikinjack! My T-bone is the best one in my bag!

So hard to pick...

Discraft: Surge, Cyclone (What is it about Discraft and deadly-straight discs?)
Innova: TL, Valkyrie (amazingly easy to throw)
DGA: Blowfly (Never have a missed putt roll away again. Ever.)
Gateway: Voodoo (Instant putting confidence. Seriously, my friends have noticed.)

Teebird, or Eagle

Innova: Boss

Innova: Gazelle, Classic Roc, XD

Innova: Roc, TL, Teebird, Firebird, Wraith, Destroyer

Innova: Roc & TeeBird for sure

Innova: Roc, Leopard, TL

Innova Wraith - Destroyer - Boss

Innova: Roc, destroyer valk

Innova: Roc, Teebird, Destroyer, Wraith

Innova-Valk/Teebird/Aviar/Destroyer/Roc

Innova
Destroyer - Max Distance Drives, windy
Valkyrie - Straight, tailwinds, long turnovers
Teebird - Most people would agree this is a must from Innova...

Innova: Valk/Beast/Wraith/Destroyer/Boss depending on arm speed.
The Roc.
TeeBird.

Innova - Teebird, Roc, Destroyer, Xcaliber

Innova - Wraith, Dart

Innova: TL, Valkyrie (amazingly easy to throw)
:confused:

Seriously, all these posts about essential Innova discs, and one Aviar mention? I really don't think I'm playing the same game as the rest of you folks.

Seriously, all these posts about essential Innova discs, and one Aviar mention? I really don't think I'm playing the same game as the rest of you folks.

Tell me about it, I'm the only one to bring up the Polecat too.

Innova: Drivers, and besides whats been stated already the Rhyno! There isn't another disc that can sit down like the Rhyno can. Its like the thing hits an invisible brick wall and falls straight down.

Discraft: Mids

Gateway: Prided in Putters

Latitude 64: What I love about these guys is that they aren't necessarily groundbreaking mold designs, its the Opto plastic that really rocks! The Striker is like a faster Teebird, The Vision like a slightly flippy Valk, The Core like a Buzzz with fade, the XXX similar to the Firebird. If you throw any of those it may be worth giving the L64 counterpart a try.

I have primarily putted with my Aviar but I haven't fallen in love with it like I have with my Roc & TeeBird. Haven't tried too many others but I do want to get me one of those gummy star Rhynos and give it a go.

Are there any discs that a company makes that another company doesn't? Everyone always says that using one brand is limiting but I haven't really seen any molds that one company offers exclusively.

Innova: Teebird, TL, and everyone new should at least try a Leopard

Discraft: Banger-GT Soft X, ESP Banger-GT, Flick, Stalker

Gateway: Not a big fan of their putters, but am interested in this threads other discs mentioned. Looking for more of a venture into their discs maybe beginning of next summer.

Lat64: Want to try just havent gotten there yet, same as Gateway. Have to evaluate my form and back off the purchases for now, at least of anything new to me.

Discraft: Who cares
Innova: Roc and TL
Gateway: Organic Wizard
Lattitude 64: Sinus SP

I don't have much experience outside the Big 2. That said from the 2 companies I have tried a wide assortment. So here goes.

Innova - Leopard, Leopard, Leopard; TeeBird; Destroyer
Discraft - Buzzz; Comet

In a general sense I tend to agree with a lot of folks who said Innova for drivers and Discraft for mids. I love my Beast, Groove, & Orc. And I love my Crush, Surge FLX, Meteor & Wasp but they may not be for everyone.

Are there any discs that a company makes that another company doesn't? Everyone always says that using one brand is limiting but I haven't really seen any molds that one company offers exclusively.
There's a couple I can think (that are different enough from other discs to be mentioned, IMO) of but there may be more that are probably not worth throwing:

Innova: Teebird
Discraft: Predator
Gateway: Sabre

Now, there are other discs that will work for the same slots, but they won't have the same performance as those discs. There may be more, but that's what I got off the top of my head.

As for the OP's question I'll list what are, IMO, the best discs from each company unless there's just a ton of discs in a category from all companies (understableish speed 9 drivers, for example).

Innova: BB Aviar, Roc, Teebird, Gazelle, Eagle, Firebird.
Discraft: Challenger, Banger, Wasp, Buzzz, Cyclone, Avenger, Predator, Force.
Gateway: Wizard, Warlock, Voodoo, Blaze, Spirit
Millennium: Omega, SOLF

Lat64: Want to try just havent gotten there yet, same as Gateway. Have to evaluate my form and back off the purchases for now, at least of anything new to me.

Sort of the same here...I want new plastic, but know I don't need it for now. I still need to get the mako when it comes out though.

Latest posts