• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

cone basket

MarkDSM

Double Eagle Member
All the old cone threads are old and locked... so no where for my babble.

The is a basket in the back corner of a garage. I am fuzzy on the whole back story, but it was once a course basket long ago.

30w1d0l.jpg
[/IMG]

Love it. The second or third course I ever played, and the place I really got hooked, Hansen Park in St. Paul, MN, uses them. Alot of people won't play with them, but I sure wish I had one of my own.

Photo from 2020.
need the get some detail archival photos and proper background on it

Attachments

• 10BFF465-1E9F-4851-A3BC-477FBE9D7641.jpg
    10BFF465-1E9F-4851-A3BC-477FBE9D7641.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Like these.

Attachments

• IMG_20190929_134008750.jpg
    IMG_20190929_134008750.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 41
Geez those look weird to putt on, I would miss the chain noise. It's part of the satisfaction

Do these work? They look like they'd be pretty "fair" catching devices with clear good and bad spots to hit.

But even the best chain-based targets have certain foibles. You don't necessarily know until that one unlucky reaction. Anyone played extensively on the cone targets?

Do these work? They look like they'd be pretty "fair" catching devices with clear good and bad spots to hit.

But even the best chain-based targets have certain foibles. You don't necessarily know until that one unlucky reaction. Anyone played extensively on the cone targets?

they work

you have to putt "differently" than on chain ones

smaller sweet spot and you need to throw softer or else it will ricochet out

i wouldnt call my play "extensively" but ive thrown over a handful of rounds on them

oddly enough i enjoy them for the history and novelty factor but i def prefer chains

My neighbor has one. Putt softer and nose down, and they "grab" pertty well.

My neighbor has one. Putt softer and nose down, and they "grab" pertty well.

I don't think the idea was to "grab"

I think the idea was for the basket to catch the disc after it was deflected by the "cone" or chains...

I think that is what most people don't understand about the original plans for the disc golf target.

I don't think the idea was to "grab"

I think the idea was for the basket to catch the disc after it was deflected by the "cone" or chains...

I think that is what most people don't understand about the original plans for the disc golf target.

Oh. I get it.

It requires far better angle control and touch. It deflects. It doesn't grab at all. That's why I used quotes.

Latest posts