• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Corolla North Carolina

kenjiac

Double Eagle Member
I'm renting a beach house next week. 5/27-6/3 in Corolla NC. I'm looking for advise on where to go for disc golf. Because of the location getting to a course is not too easy. The closest course by the map is 11.2 miles away as the crow flies but it'll take 2hrs 15mins to get there and 97 miles of driving! LOL! https://goo.gl/maps/5MgdMVSp7TD2

I'm probably gonna get a day away from the family and road trip out. I'm looking for help on where I should be going. Maybe a couple good courses near each other during the day and some local league night would be optimal for me. Who's got info that would help me out?

Thanks in advance!!!

Not much down there if I recall. Couple courses near VA beach but they are quite a drive to get there.

Side note, Duck donuts, and the Duck Deli both are jamming good food!

Looks like you are renting a house up past where the road ends in corolla, if the map you posted is correct. You will be partially limited by the tide as far as coming and going is concerned. Those houses up there where you drive up the beach to get to them are nice though, is say bring a practice basket and play on the beach!

I am staying up past where the road ends. All the course are a bit of a drive looking for recommended spots to travel to. Is virginia beach the area I should drive to or something in the middle of NC area better?

There's a course in Kill Devil Hills being installed as we speak, though the baskets are likely not yet in the ground. I believe the below website has previously mentioned a target opening date of Memorial Day weekend. Fingers crossed, as I'll be down that way soon as well. Sounds like some neat wooded beach terrain they've had to work with. I do know this course has been a long time coming.
https://www.facebook.com/OuterBanksDiscGolf/

Oh man, that's a dead zone for sure. I can recommend Glenburnie in New Bern, Barnet in Kinston, and Castle Hayne near Wilmington. Northeast Park in Jacksonville has been redesigned since I played it last but I hear it's better. I've heard good things about Farm Life and I've heard bad things about Fun Junktion, your nearest course. The Goldsboro courses aren't terrible and Richlands is interesting.

I'd probably drive down 17 and hit Farm Life, the better of the Greenville courses (couldn't tell you what those are), Barnet and then wrap it up with Glenburnie. I'm afraid you're in for some driving any way you slice it. Castle Hayne is possibly your best bet for finding a league night, really good scene down there.

Oh man, that's a dead zone for sure. I can recommend Glenburnie in New Bern, Barnet in Kinston, and Castle Hayne near Wilmington. Northeast Park in Jacksonville has been redesigned since I played it last but I hear it's better. I've heard good things about Farm Life and I've heard bad things about Fun Junktion, your nearest course. The Goldsboro courses aren't terrible and Richlands is interesting.

I'd probably drive down 17 and hit Farm Life, the better of the Greenville courses (couldn't tell you what those are), Barnet and then wrap it up with Glenburnie. I'm afraid you're in for some driving any way you slice it. Castle Hayne is possibly your best bet for finding a league night, really good scene down there.

I've played Glenburnie and Castle Hayne before on another trip down to the outerbanks a few years ago. Fun courses. Although Castle Hayne didn't quite live up to it's reputation. I heard it called Castle Pain because it was supposed to be super tight and wooded. Must be my NorthEast perspective I found it a great course and not too tight. Shot +1 my first time there.

That Farm Life was on my radar. May hit that one up. Thanks for the tips!

Latest posts