• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Corvette

I put some more throws on the star Corvette today. First time I'd thrown in over 3 weeks.

I figure I threw the disc about 15-20 times. I'm starting to like this disc more than I did before. Its a very power-hungry mold, and the harder you throw it the better the results you'll get. At full power I'm able to get the Corvette to turn a little bit if thrown flat. The disc held the flat part of the flight well today, and even generated some nice distance as it was transitioning from turn to fade. I still feel like the fade is a little dumpy/abrupt. I'm going to stick with the flight numbers I posted prior. 14, 4, -1, 3. The Corvette is definitely beefier and faster than a Colossus for me. Longer too. I like the Colossus just fine, but the Corvette seems like a higher octane driver. Today the Corvette was reminding me of a Ballista Pro. Lightning fast, marginal glide, and not a lot of high speed turn.

The Corvette is without question the fastest driver Innova has released. I think you pretty much need a pro caliber arm to really see this disc's potential. I don't quite have a pro caliber arm, but I touched 430' with this disc today. I feel comfortable throwing the Corvette. Its a reliable, long flier. No random flipping, and it performs well in headwinds. NOT a beginner disc at all.

Anybody thrown the Gstar Corvette? How does it compare to the Star variant?

Anybody thrown the Gstar Corvette? How does it compare to the Star variant?

No, but I'd like to. I've thrown 3 star Corvettes, and found all of them to be a bit stubborn. They don't have as much high speed turn or glide as the flight numbers would suggest.

A G* Corvette would probably be a really nice bomber.

One more quick Corvette update. I threw my 4th one today, a 166 star. The other 3 Corvettes I've thrown are stars, 167g and 2 175g's.

Of the 4, only the 167g star has impressed me thus far. I'm able to get it turned, and the disc will stay turned and glide out for huge S curve distance. Last week I surpassed 450' with the 167g several times. Simply put, the disc mashes.

My other 3 Corvettes have been very disappointing. The discs are just glideless beef. I can't get them to hold a turn. The 166g I threw today was like a dinner plate. For a disc that light I can't believe how utterly poorly it flew. Even when I wrenched it over hard anny the disc would fight right back out of it and drop like a rock to the ground. Top distance was probably 390', and I had to earn every inch of it.

I have no clue what to make of this mold. The 167g is astoundingly long and perfect in every way. The other 3 are REALLY overstable and glideless.

My 3 beefy Corvettes fly something like 14, 4, 0, 3. Not a lot to work with. They won't turn, and they won't glide. The 167g flies true to the numbers (14, 5, -2, 2.

I've been throwing these since the beginning and I like them, but I think they are fussy. I'm not a super consistent thrower but I find that typically it flies more stable then the numbers let on...usually. It still goes quite far, but it's hard to find the get the hss and glide dialed in correct. My best guess is that it's very nose/release angle sensitive. Not so much that it becomes a flightless turd, but enough that it knocks the wow-factor off it.

I've been throwing these since the beginning and I like them, but I think they are fussy. I'm not a super consistent thrower but I find that typically it flies more stable then the numbers let on...usually. It still goes quite far, but it's hard to find the get the hss and glide dialed in correct. My best guess is that it's very nose/release angle sensitive. Not so much that it becomes a flightless turd, but enough that it knocks the wow-factor off it.

I'm trying so hard to like the Corvette, but right now I'm just irritated with them. Only 1 out of 4 of mine fly anything like the numbers suggest. That 1 is a real beauty though. Pretty much effortless 450' bombs.

The other 3 simply struggle to stay in the air and don't glide well. I don't even really feel like its a nose up issue.

So from what I've read thus far, this is like a more overstable Shryke? So it is less stable than the Destoyer, but does it go farther?

So from what I've read thus far, this is like a more overstable Shryke? So it is less stable than the Destoyer, but does it go farther?

Tough to give definitive answers here. The 4 Corvettes I've thrown have varied widely in stability and glide. 3 of them are really overstable and glideless, and the 4th one has some high speed turn and absolutely bombs.

3 of my Corvettes are easily as beefy as a Destroyer. The other is probably flippier. I get more distance with the Corvette than the Destroyer simply because the disc is so fast. Even an imperfect throw with a Corvette will still be pretty long.

The Corvette is definitely beefier than a Shryke. Frankly, I don't think you can really compare the two molds. For me the Shryke is slower, glidier, and flippier. Distance-wise I'd say its a tossup. Both will go really far. The Shryke will do it with floaty glide and S curve, while the Corvette will do it with sheer speed and penetration.

On an average day I'd probably choose the Shryke over the Corvette for sheer distance.

I had one of my Corvettes in the field against a Colossus today. Honestly, I liked the Colossus better. It was flexing out a little more and flying further. The molds are so similar though. I think the Corvette and Colossus are almost exactly the same disc.

How far on average do you throw the Destroyer and how far do you throw the different Corvettes? How much more control do you have with the Destroyer and Shryke vs the Corvette? I'm looking the whatever the straightest max speed driver is since I play on narrow courses but still need a lot of distance.

Last edited:
How far on average do you throw the Destroyer and how far do you throw the different Corvettes? How much more control do you have with the Destroyer and Shryke vs the Corvette? I'm looking the whatever the straightest max speed driver is since I play on narrow courses but still need a lot of distance.

If I'm throwing purely for control I'd take the Destroyer over the Corvette or Shryke. A Destroyer is very controllable because it doesn't have a whole lot of high speed turn. I love Shrykes, but they aren't super controllable. They have a lot of high speed turn and really floaty glide. Any sort of wind can push them way offline.

I can get Destroyers out around 400' consistently, further if I find a flippy Destroyer.

Corvette and Shryke will both go 450'+ for me. To get that kind of distance I have to put the disc high and on an anny line. You lose some control that way.

I still feel like I'm learning the Corvette. I have 5 of them now, and I keep seeing different flights out of all of them. I see staggering distance potential, but the mold is also super inconsistent. Everything from somewhat flippy to horrendously overstable and glideless.

I don't usually use Destroyers for max distance drives. I throw the Destroyer when accuracy is important. I'll throw the disc fairly straight and low. When I'm throwing the Corvette or Shryke it has to be more open. I try to get them high and turned over so they'll flex out for big distance.

Last edited:
Picked up a Star Corvette on a whim and had a local dye expert put something on it. So, now I feel obligated to throw it for a while.

Currently, my big boy driver is a slightly seasoned Fuzion Defender that can consistently top out at 380-420. However, I can stretch out to 440 in the right conditions with a very seasoned Tournament World.

This Corvette is a very domey, pop-top, 171g Star. I was appalled by how domey it was when I first received it, but after the first shot, I could tell its stability is within my wheelhouse. It is fast with decent glide. The best way to describe it is that it was getting the same distance as my Defenders but easier. It feels different in the hand than my other drivers, so I do not feel like I am getting the full snap as I could with the Defenders, but the results were still near identical.

I was out at The Preserve the other day - Clearwater, MN - and had a few chances to unload on the 600+ holes out there. I finally was able to rip with good snap, trying to get as much distance as I can while still aiming for the middle of the fairway. Multiple times the Corvette outdistanced my Defenders by 30 or more feet.

The flight plate feels rather thin and the rim of this Star scuffs up easily, so I am now afraid of it quickly seasoning past where I want it. So, here I am, waiting for a back-up Champion to come in the mail to see how consistent this mold is between runs and plastics. I have plenty of Defenders, so I can cycle through them, keeping them in their sweet spotter longer, but I would hate to come to depend on my one Corvette and then have it start flipping on me now that the tournament season can get started.

Picked up a Star Corvette on a whim and had a local dye expert put something on it. So, now I feel obligated to throw it for a while.

Currently, my big boy driver is a slightly seasoned Fuzion Defender that can consistently top out at 380-420. However, I can stretch out to 440 in the right conditions with a very seasoned Tournament World.

This Corvette is a very domey, pop-top, 171g Star. I was appalled by how domey it was when I first received it, but after the first shot, I could tell its stability is within my wheelhouse. It is fast with decent glide. The best way to describe it is that it was getting the same distance as my Defenders but easier. It feels different in the hand than my other drivers, so I do not feel like I am getting the full snap as I could with the Defenders, but the results were still near identical.

I was out at The Preserve the other day - Clearwater, MN - and had a few chances to unload on the 600+ holes out there. I finally was able to rip with good snap, trying to get as much distance as I can while still aiming for the middle of the fairway. Multiple times the Corvette outdistanced my Defenders by 30 or more feet.

The flight plate feels rather thin and the rim of this Star scuffs up easily, so I am now afraid of it quickly seasoning past where I want it. So, here I am, waiting for a back-up Champion to come in the mail to see how consistent this mold is between runs and plastics. I have plenty of Defenders, so I can cycle through them, keeping them in their sweet spotter longer, but I would hate to come to depend on my one Corvette and then have it start flipping on me now that the tournament season can get started.

I'm finding the Corvette to be very long. The distance isn't always easy to achieve, but its there. The disc has to be thrown hard. You aren't going to get easy high speed turn or a ton of glide. The Corvette succeeds solely on great speed and penetration. When you're warmed up and throwing at your best the Corvette will bomb. When you're not warmed up or are having an off day it will seem stubbornly beefy.

I agree the Corvette is easily longer than a Defender.

This has been absolute gem of a find. I am now up to two Stars and two Champions, all within 168-171g.

They absolutely bomb with less effort. And yet, as I am gelling with them, they remain very controllable and stable.

I played in the Minnesota Majestic this last weekend. Not too many opportunities to bomb, but BRP has the infamous driving range hole. My normal distance is 380-420, but I am ashamed to say that maybe my age (44) is catching up and I have been more on the 380 (or a little less) this year. However, despite feeling like I am getting little to no snap on the Corvettes, both my drives on that hole topped out at the 400 sign. I played regular advance, and in two days, only one person I played with topped me (at 405). However, and awesomely unfortunate of me, the remaining distance to the basket is 370. I threw the Champion Corvette again, and somehow I actually got into it with some snap. I went OB long on my second throw, into 26's fairway. I only needed 370 to the basket, and OB would be 410. That means I easily crushed a flat-field 450 foot drive. My best ever with a Defender last year was 439. This was unintentional.

Lastly, I have been easily hitting 340-350 with just a snap of the wrist forehand with these drivers. I do not trust my forehand to go all in with anything less than my Felons, but easy distance with the mildest of fades - what more positive things can I say about this disc?

Domey or flat?

My first Star was quite domey, but Champs are moderate to relatively flat. They have a touch more stability, but they have also been the longer throws/ My second definitely on the flatter side. It is faster, a touch more stable, and handles the wind better. However, they are still all close enough where I could use them interchangeably. It is likely more psychological in I throw them if I see any consistent difference or not.

I have 5 star Corvettes. 4 of the 5 are pretty flat. One has a moderate dome.

I feel like being so flat somewhat limits glide on this mold. They'll still go far, but they don't have very floaty glide.

I have 5 star Corvettes. 4 of the 5 are pretty flat. One has a moderate dome.

I feel like being so flat somewhat limits glide on this mold. They'll still go far, but they don't have very floaty glide.

I will agree with this. However, and it could be just a psychological/ placebo way of thinking/throwing, but I have more confidence in the flat one to not mess around with the wind. I am a little more skittish to throw the domey one when there is significant cross or headwind.

Also, the flight plate seems thinner on the domey one while the flatter one seems more study. And yet, it is a feel thing as I have no way to truly confirm that.

Either way, I am still loving their distance potential.

I will agree with this. However, and it could be just a psychological/ placebo way of thinking/throwing, but I have more confidence in the flat one to not mess around with the wind. I am a little more skittish to throw the domey one when there is significant cross or headwind.

Also, the flight plate seems thinner on the domey one while the flatter one seems more study. And yet, it is a feel thing as I have no way to truly confirm that.

Either way, I am still loving their distance potential.

The Corvette continues to be a little bit "meh" for me. I'll absolute annihilate one occasionally and it'll be one of the longest drives I've ever seen. The rest of the time I'll feel like I'm throwing the disc well, but it'll fall short of where I want it.

I will agree the Corvette can be finicky at times. Occasionally I'll get over on one a little too much and it'll drift right the whole flight. If you don't get it flattened out enough the disc will stall out short as well.

The distance potential is through the roof, but I don't see it all that often with the Corvette. Some of that is me, and some of it is the fact that the mold is a bit inconsistent/finicky.

I picked up a Corvette mostly because it's fun to go fast, maybe something to take out on the weekends to impress the kids. I find the Corvette to be a nice distance driver even for my aging arm. I bought a gstar, mini star stamp and champion. They all have pretty good domes. The gstar has the flattest wing and flies to the numbers. As a guy that can barely throw 400' these days the gstar corvette is the easiest disc for me to get 400'. The mini star goes a hair less with a stronger fade. Like most Corvette owners I wish I had it when I was a little younger.

G* Corvette

OK, time to revisit the Corvette yet again. I finally got my hands on a G* Corvette. Disc has a nice dome and is 170g.

I finally see what the hype's about here. This G* Corvette isn't like any of my stars at all. Its domier and flippier. The G* Corvette seems a tad bit finicky. I turned and burned it a couple times early on before I figured out the disc's stability. Once I started throwing it a little hyzer I began seeing mesmerizing bombs. In G* plastic the Corvette glides exceptionally and flies a gorgeous S curve.

The Corvette has been described as a "faster, longer Shryke". In this case I'd agree. I felt like I was getting out to 450' without straining too hard. This G* model flips fairly easily initially, but has just enough late fade to fight back toward center late. This thing is quite a bit longer than any of the 5 star Corvettes I've thrown prior. Its also domier and flippier.

I honestly feel this disc could be the one I finally hit 500' with. It combines great glide with just enough understability to soar. It really does feel like a Shryke with more horsepower.

I need to test it more. Today the wind was chaotic. However, I see absolutely ENDLESS sheer distance potential here. I might have to put this thing up against the Relativity and see which one comes out on top.

The Corvette is absolutely worth trying in G*, especially if you like Shrykes.

G* Corvette: 14, 6, -2, 2. The 6 glide is a game changer here. Combine that with 14 speed and you have a very long disc.

Last edited:

Latest posts