• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Corvette

What makes it faster than the Shryke? Its rim size is the same. Is it a more aerodynamic profile? If only I could get a GStar domey one in the lower 160s.

I am up to four of these discs - 2 Star and 2 Champ, all between 168-171. I am all in with them. I rarely feel like I am getting snap or the power I want to get behind them - I have problems with the wider rimmed discs - but even still, I am getting the same distance, if not more, than when I threw my Worlds and Defenders. The only time I cannot throw them is in a steady, noticeable headwind. Then I might pull back and throw something more stable. Otherwise, these discs are the perfect combination of stability, glide, and speed for my throwing style. Unfortunately, that also means that if they season quickly, they will fall out of where I want them. Right now, that is why I am cycling these four.

I am cautious because two years ago, I was the same way with my Worlds. I was throwing Enforcers, specifically BioFuzion Enforcers, and they were awesome. Controllable, predictable, and big distance. I picked up a World to try forehand because the early numbers indicated that they would be way more overstable. Turns out that the numbers were deceptively wrong. If anything, the World was a seasoned BioFuzion Enforcer - slight turn, slight fade, and always fighting forward. Worlds were exactly what I was looking for at the time. They were longer than the Wraiths, Catapults, Trespasses, or Enforcers I was throwing at the time. The problem with my Worlds - they have an on/off switch. One day - it literally was in the span of one day - my favorite Tournament World became uncontrollably flippy with the throwing motion I use for max distance. I was instantly burning it into the ground. It was my favorite World, so it was a little hard to just start with a new one and hope I like it as much (there is a placebic effect of a personalized disc just flying better than normal stock runs). That was when I switched over to Defenders, hoping that a seasoned Defender would fly closer to a fresh World. I have been with Defenders for about a year now.

For the most part, my bag is settled, so while I have the itch to always buy more discs, I am not necessarily buying new discs just for the sake of trying them. I am at the point I am buying them because of color and personalization. I commissioned someone to make a Rogue (X-Men, my fantasy crush) dye for me on a high speed driver. I already have her on a mid and a fairway driver. His only option for me at the time was a Star Corvette. As much as I wanted to stay away from trying new discs, that one grabbed my attention, and so I gave it try. I instantly clicked with it, and thus why I have four now.

My mini-stamp Star has the most dome - a heartbeat pop-top, and it has the most raw-distance potential of the group. Both of my Champions are the same. They get more consistently out there, so I trust them a little more in the wind. I also trust them for my new distance forehand shot - I just got to make sure I do not roll my wrist. The regular production Star is the flattest (in comparison to the other three). It is tough to describe its flight - it does not have as much lateral movement as the others. If I give it anhyzer, it will hold the anhyzer longer, but it is also harder to flip. I also do not think it has as much glide and thus not as much distance potential, but it also does not fade as much either - maybe a result of the touch less glide. This works better in the woods moreso than the open field.

Now, what I am wondering, does a Champ Glow have a comparable flight? I have been eyeing one but have not pulled the trigger yet.

I am up to four of these discs - 2 Star and 2 Champ, all between 168-171. I am all in with them. I rarely feel like I am getting snap or the power I want to get behind them - I have problems with the wider rimmed discs - but even still, I am getting the same distance, if not more, than when I threw my Worlds and Defenders. The only time I cannot throw them is in a steady, noticeable headwind. Then I might pull back and throw something more stable. Otherwise, these discs are the perfect combination of stability, glide, and speed for my throwing style. Unfortunately, that also means that if they season quickly, they will fall out of where I want them. Right now, that is why I am cycling these four.

I am cautious because two years ago, I was the same way with my Worlds. I was throwing Enforcers, specifically BioFuzion Enforcers, and they were awesome. Controllable, predictable, and big distance. I picked up a World to try forehand because the early numbers indicated that they would be way more overstable. Turns out that the numbers were deceptively wrong. If anything, the World was a seasoned BioFuzion Enforcer - slight turn, slight fade, and always fighting forward. Worlds were exactly what I was looking for at the time. They were longer than the Wraiths, Catapults, Trespasses, or Enforcers I was throwing at the time. The problem with my Worlds - they have an on/off switch. One day - it literally was in the span of one day - my favorite Tournament World became uncontrollably flippy with the throwing motion I use for max distance. I was instantly burning it into the ground. It was my favorite World, so it was a little hard to just start with a new one and hope I like it as much (there is a placebic effect of a personalized disc just flying better than normal stock runs). That was when I switched over to Defenders, hoping that a seasoned Defender would fly closer to a fresh World. I have been with Defenders for about a year now.

For the most part, my bag is settled, so while I have the itch to always buy more discs, I am not necessarily buying new discs just for the sake of trying them. I am at the point I am buying them because of color and personalization. I commissioned someone to make a Rogue (X-Men, my fantasy crush) dye for me on a high speed driver. I already have her on a mid and a fairway driver. His only option for me at the time was a Star Corvette. As much as I wanted to stay away from trying new discs, that one grabbed my attention, and so I gave it try. I instantly clicked with it, and thus why I have four now.

My mini-stamp Star has the most dome - a heartbeat pop-top, and it has the most raw-distance potential of the group. Both of my Champions are the same. They get more consistently out there, so I trust them a little more in the wind. I also trust them for my new distance forehand shot - I just got to make sure I do not roll my wrist. The regular production Star is the flattest (in comparison to the other three). It is tough to describe its flight - it does not have as much lateral movement as the others. If I give it anhyzer, it will hold the anhyzer longer, but it is also harder to flip. I also do not think it has as much glide and thus not as much distance potential, but it also does not fade as much either - maybe a result of the touch less glide. This works better in the woods moreso than the open field.

Now, what I am wondering, does a Champ Glow have a comparable flight? I have been eyeing one but have not pulled the trigger yet.
I have been close to buying a G* Corvette many times and reading this thread is making me almost hit the buy button. The only reason not to buy yet is that I have now 2 Tournament R Worlds and 5 more coming. I tried a 168g Tournament R World for fun and oh boy was it great. It bommed from a flat release. I shuffle my distance drivers really often (too often). I seem to click with a disc in the beginning, but after ~week or two somehow it loses it's magic and its time for a other mold... I hope im not alone with this problem.

I have been close to buying a G* Corvette many times and reading this thread is making me almost hit the buy button. The only reason not to buy yet is that I have now 2 Tournament R Worlds and 5 more coming. I tried a 168g Tournament R World for fun and oh boy was it great. It bommed from a flat release. I shuffle my distance drivers really often (too often). I seem to click with a disc in the beginning, but after ~week or two somehow it loses it's magic and its time for a other mold... I hope im not alone with this problem.

OK, I'm not going to sit here and type paragraphs or anything, but I think you should probably give the G* Corvette a look.

For me the G* Corvette is noticeably flippier than a World. It also has more glide. Even with fairly few throws on it I can say that the G* Corvette is one of (if not the) longest mold I've ever thrown. It has a ton of glide and penetrates well.

For comparison, a World for me would be something like 13, 4, 0, 3. A G* Corvette is more like 14, 6, -2, 2. You'll get noticeable high speed turn and a mellow late fade.

If you're looking for a somewhat flippy, glidey, max distance driver, the G* Corvette is a great candidate.

OK, I'm not going to sit here and type paragraphs or anything, but I think you should probably give the G* Corvette a look.

For me the G* Corvette is noticeably flippier than a World. It also has more glide. Even with fairly few throws on it I can say that the G* Corvette is one of (if not the) longest mold I've ever thrown. It has a ton of glide and penetrates well.

For comparison, a World for me would be something like 13, 4, 0, 3. A G* Corvette is more like 14, 6, -2, 2. You'll get noticeable high speed turn and a mellow late fade.

If you're looking for a somewhat flippy, glidey, max distance driver, the G* Corvette is a great candidate.
Yea that sounds like gold for me. I have been looking for a disc like that for a while. My world flies like a 14/5/-0,5/3, but it shines more when you need a stable flight. I think I will order a G* Corvet today :)

A bit of a teaser...

I throw a lot of Corvettes. GStar, Star, Champ, Glo Champ - they all have slightly different properties. For me, GStar goes furthest and straightest but is also the most susceptible to the wind. Star adds a bit of stability but still goes far. Both of those latter two are in the bag and I use them a lot.

But the new Pro plastic Corvette may go furthest of all. And it's pretty stable...

G* Corvette

Quick update on the G* Corvette. I have since acquired a 2nd one of these. The new Corvette is G* 175g. My other one is 170g.

In a field session today against some other long drivers the 175 G* Corvette was flat out slaughtering everything. This disc is a solid 20' or more longer on every throw. Top distance had to be 480'ish.

I was releasing somewhat hyzer and letting the disc pop up and flex out. The G* Corvette is a stellar hyzerflip disc, and I haven't found anything that can keep up with it for sheer distance.

BTW, the 5 gram weight difference doesn't seem to make much difference. My 2 G* Corvettes fly almost exactly the same. Perhaps the longest mold I've ever thrown. The Relativity is close, but I like the G* Corvette better.

Anyone who relies on G* Shrykes for max distance really needs to give the G* Corvette a look.

It definitely has good distance potential. I tested a guy's G* Corvette before I got it back to him and according to Udisc (grain of salt) I had a 430' toss and it didn't even feel like I got the whole flight out of it.

It definitely has good distance potential. I tested a guy's G* Corvette before I got it back to him and according to Udisc (grain of salt) I had a 430' toss and it didn't even feel like I got the whole flight out of it.

I've thrown tons and tons of different distance drivers in all plastics. Right now the G* Corvette is beating everything I've ever seen.

I agree the distance can seem effortless. The G* Corvette will turn fairly easily without flipping all the way over.

Can I get a summary of plastic types, flight, and what to look for domey, stiffness, ideal weights, etc, in a Corvette? Generally I'd look for lots of dome and fairly stiff.

For reference, I throw Pharaohs 400' (comparable to Shryke). My go-to Pharaoh 168g, thrown on slight hyzer will flip to flat, glide straight and have gentle fade. Into a gentle wind, it turns and glides a ton and goes 40' further.

The Champ and Star are printed 14 | 6 | -1 | 2
But.... the Pro and G* are printed 14 | 6 | -2 | 2

This is very handy, and I hope more manufacturers label the plastics individually!

A domey Gstar Corvette with a slightly concaved wing is a 14/6/-3/2 hyzer flip bomber.
A champion Corvette with a flat top and more concaved wing is just as fast but fades quickly and lacks glide.
If you can throw the Gstar Corvette in this example 400' the Champion would maybe go 350'.

I have Star, Champ and GStar and remarkably the numbers are pretty consistent (5 examples, so not many). The Star Corvette is on avg more stable then a Star Shryke in my experience but...

Innova high speed drivers are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

I've thrown 3 G* Corvettes and about 8 star Corvettes. Haven't seen or thrown any champions.

the star Corvette tends to be flat and a little on the beefy side. They will turn, but you have to work a little to see that turn. In the hands of a long thrower a star Corvette will cover some serious distance.

I'd rate an average star Corvette at 14, 5, -2, 3. I've seen a couple that were flippier, and a couple that had hardly any high speed turn at all. The star Corvette also tends to have a fairly dumpy late fade. The star Corvette can be a little maddening at times. The disc will seem to not want to turn on some throws, then flip fairly easily on others. Wind complicates things dramatically.

G* Corvettes are easier to turn, have more glide, and less late fade than stars. I'd rate the G* Corvette at 14, 6, -3, 2. These things are long distance monsters. I've had some of the longest throws of my life with G* Corvettes. Very floaty glide. G* Corvettes can be a little finicky, and sometimes turn and burn. They won't work at all into any sort of headwind. I've thrown 3, and they all flew the same. I've touched 500' a couple times with G* Corvettes. If you have a nice, open area, a G* Corvette will be among the longest discs you ever throw.

A domey Gstar Corvette with a slightly concaved wing is a 14/6/-3/2 hyzer flip bomber.
A champion Corvette with a flat top and more concaved wing is just as fast but fades quickly and lacks glide.
If you can throw the Gstar Corvette in this example 400' the Champion would maybe go 350'.

I agree. I notice dramatic distance increases between the star and G* Corvette. 50' sounds about right.

Can I get a summary of plastic types, flight, and what to look for domey, stiffness, ideal weights, etc, in a Corvette? Generally I'd look for lots of dome and fairly stiff.

For reference, I throw Pharaohs 400' (comparable to Shryke). My go-to Pharaoh 168g, thrown on slight hyzer will flip to flat, glide straight and have gentle fade. Into a gentle wind, it turns and glides a ton and goes 40' further.

I didn't answer your question I guess. What you probably want to find if you can hand pick locally is a domier Star with a lowest PLH (if you can find one) for a 400 foot thrower.

GStars come out domier then the Stars and Champs I've fondled and do turn more (lower PLH). But if you want a stiffer plastic Star is the way to go. Actually the GStar Vettes are fairly stiff though for GStar. I don't like floppy plastic but I like the GStar Vette.

I didn't answer your question I guess. What you probably want to find if you can hand pick locally is a domier Star with a lowest PLH (if you can find one) for a 400 foot thrower.

GStars come out domier then the Stars and Champs I've fondled and do turn more (lower PLH). But if you want a stiffer plastic Star is the way to go. Actually the GStar Vettes are fairly stiff though for GStar. I don't like floppy plastic but I like the GStar Vette.

Agreed. I'm not the hugest fan of G* plastic either. However, the G* Corvette agrees with me. I love the way it feels and throws. IMO its the longest driver Innova makes.

this is making me order a gstar vette..how would you rate it vs knight...does if turn as much...guessing its glidier..

this is making me order a gstar vette..how would you rate it vs knight...does if turn as much...guessing its glidier..

The G* Corvette is glidier than a Knight by a lot. Similar turn. It'll turn some, but it usually doesn't flip all the way over.

I find the Knight to be more finicky than the G* Corvette.

For me the G* Corvette is a longer, slightly faster Shryke.

Latest posts