• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Corvette

Got a 169 star Corvette last week with some DGC gift card $. Mild dome, more of a rising shoulder to flat than true dome. Good feeling star, a bit of gumminess but no Blizzard-ing in the rim.
Thrown in wet, windy upper 30's I could tell this thing has massive distance potential. Flipped from hyzer. Compared to a Shryke it is noticeably faster.
Buddy who maxes out @ 500' w/ ESP Nukes put it out mid-upper 400's pretty easily. Excited to give it a whirl when it warms up a bit (still seasonably cold for Houston).

Got a 169 star Corvette last week with some DGC gift card $. Mild dome, more of a rising shoulder to flat than true dome. Good feeling star, a bit of gumminess but no Blizzard-ing in the rim.
Thrown in wet, windy upper 30's I could tell this thing has massive distance potential. Flipped from hyzer. Compared to a Shryke it is noticeably faster.
Buddy who maxes out @ 500' w/ ESP Nukes put it out mid-upper 400's pretty easily. Excited to give it a whirl when it warms up a bit (still seasonably cold for Houston).

I know I've said it multiple times in this thread already, but G* Corvettes are super long. For me, the G* and star Corvette doesn't even seem like the same mold. The G* turns a little easier, holds it longer, and glides much better than the star Corvette.

Once you figure out the proper hyzer release, bombs away. I've done just shy of 500' with the G* Corvette quite a few times.

The disc can be a little finicky, but I think it takes power a little better than a Shryke, and definitely flies further.

Once you get used to the G* Corvette, it'll almost certainly be the longest disc you've ever thrown.

The 3 G* Corvettes I've thrown have all been something like 14, 6, -2, 2. The glide and turn are very legit.

Anyone figured out what the most OS Corvettes are? The Corvette has booted Shrykes from my bag, but looking for some more stability with similar flight characteristics. How are the Champ Corvettes? Or do I need to be looking Firestorm (or something similar)?

Anyone figured out what the most OS Corvettes are? The Corvette has booted Shrykes from my bag, but looking for some more stability with similar flight characteristics. How are the Champ Corvettes? Or do I need to be looking Firestorm (or something similar)?

I really enjoyed throwing Corvettes last year, but on a whim I tried out the Halo Shrykes. They were almost (but not quite) the same distance but that touch more stability I wish were in the Corvettes where I can just rip into them.

Thanks @smartquark. LE discs @ $25 just don't make a whole lot of sense in my bag these days. I miss the days of when molds were molds and not fetching a premium because of the way they look. Full on get off my lawn mode. :p

Maybe my need is as simple as starting to experiment with Destroyers. I don't necessarily want to go down that rabbit-hole, for sheer consistency reasons alone, but it seems to make the most sense as an OS compliment to the Corvette.

Flat star Corvettes tend to be on the beefy side. I've thrown a couple I couldn't get any turn out of at 400'.

Star Destroyers seem to be less finicky than Corvettes. They don't flip as easily nor as wildly. When a Corvette flips, it tends to leave the zip code.

I've been digging a Gstar Corvette for several weeks. I think it's 168g, and it's just longer, generally, than the Pharaohs I have been throwing. So I aced with my flippy Pharaoh and considered retiring it, but didn't have a replacement. So I picked up a 169 Pro Corvette the other day. Wowza, that's even longer. It has the complete round dome, 'soup bowl' as they have been described. And I love it.

Today I got to throw it a bunch and tomahawk it into the dirt a dozen times and try to beat it a little. It flips now, but still comes back. I can only throw them 400' ish with regularity. The Pro is just a bit longer than the Gstar, but flips easier.

I've been digging a Gstar Corvette for several weeks. I think it's 168g, and it's just longer, generally, than the Pharaohs I have been throwing. So I aced with my flippy Pharaoh and considered retiring it, but didn't have a replacement. So I picked up a 169 Pro Corvette the other day. Wowza, that's even longer. It has the complete round dome, 'soup bowl' as they have been described. And I love it.

Today I got to throw it a bunch and tomahawk it into the dirt a dozen times and try to beat it a little. It flips now, but still comes back. I can only throw them 400' ish with regularity. The Pro is just a bit longer than the Gstar, but flips easier.

If I ever come across a pro Corvette I'll throw it and discuss it here.

My G* Corvettes will do damn near 500' when I'm feeling good. Hyzerflip with some side to side S curve action and a ton of glide.

The thing I like about Vettes is that they really don't move much either way considering it's speed, that is unless you get a beefier one then of course it will fade and even flare skip pretty hard at the end. I got a Champ 175 I'm trying out for heavy headwind duty. Haven't had enough wind yet though. It's plenty stable now, will have to see how it holds up to 25+ wind though.

Do Champs ever have big dome? None of the ones at the store did. I imagine Star would have some.

I like dome.

I don't think so not like Gstar or Pro for sure. I like dome too, but since this is my proposed 20+ mph headwind disc I'm not concerned I need more glide or dome. I'm sure the wind will keep it a loft.

Pro Corvette is super long. I'm a hyzer-flip dominant player that throws Pro Katana and Pro Boss but this thing goes 40 feet further and pretty straight. Mine is max weight and big dome.

So I'm jumping in to say that my Pro Corvette with mega dome has hit loads of tree trunks (10 or more) right off the tee, and hasn't lost any stability. It's the only Pro disc I've ever thrown, but that plastic is supposed to lose stability. Been throwing it a lot the last month.

It also goes 380' under a 25' ceiling, which is phenomenal for my arm.

Yup. Pro Corvette is a cheat distance disc. I got 4 and 2 were super domey and the other two are not so reliable.

So I'm jumping in to say that my Pro Corvette with mega dome has hit loads of tree trunks (10 or more) right off the tee, and hasn't lost any stability. It's the only Pro disc I've ever thrown, but that plastic is supposed to lose stability. Been throwing it a lot the last month.

It also goes 380' under a 25' ceiling, which is phenomenal for my arm.

Pro plastic loses stability suddenly and inexplicably. You won't see it coming, then all of a sudden the disc will be veering right bad on you.

I guess what I'm saying is, pro plastic is good....until it isn't.... if that makes any sense. G* Corvettes are also worth a look if you want somewhat flippy, glidey max distance.

I got one throw with my Pro Corvette, went to a short course so I couldn't really test it. But from what I could tell I'm going to like it as much as the GStars I think. Hit some trees at 300 so IDK how it would have totally finished. Will try it more tomorrow. Had a similar turn to the GStars. Medium to large dome btw, 170.

So bought 3 G* F-2's from the factory store and immediately started throwing them against the Star that is in the bag.
G*'s 170, 171, 175
Star - 175

The heavy G* carries about 35 feet further than the Star. The 2 lighter G* Corvettes keep up as well unless there is a headwind, then the Star's weight and stability really show. One of the G*s is definitely going ITB and I will continue to throw the rest in the field as I do that more than actually get to play... thanks for recommendations .

So bought 3 G* F-2's from the factory store and immediately started throwing them against the Star that is in the bag.
G*'s 170, 171, 175
Star - 175

The heavy G* carries about 35 feet further than the Star. The 2 lighter G* Corvettes keep up as well unless there is a headwind, then the Star's weight and stability really show. One of the G*s is definitely going ITB and I will continue to throw the rest in the field as I do that more than actually get to play... thanks for recommendations .

G* Corvettes are insanely long. I have 3, 169, 171, and 175g. All absolutely smash, and outdo any star Corvette for sheer distance easily.

The other day in the field I was getting the G* Corvette 175g out to 480'+. Just huge bombs.

If I ever did a distance competition I'd probably choose a G* Corvette. The only thing I've thrown that really keeps up is the G* Katana.

G* Corvettes are insanely long. I have 3, 169, 171, and 175g. All absolutely smash, and outdo any star Corvette for sheer distance easily.

The other day in the field I was getting the G* Corvette 175g out to 480'+. Just huge bombs.

If I ever did a distance competition I'd probably choose a G* Corvette. The only thing I've thrown that really keeps up is the G* Katana.

FH too? Or just BH? Corvette is my FH crush disc, probably 400' if I hit it on the screws, otherwise I can count on 350' from my Star Corvette. Someone here made that recommendation, and whoever that person was, THANK YOU.

Latest posts