• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Course Extinct?

I had the same question a few days ago, but kept silent. Thanks for clearing that up for me as well.

Sometimes they're not really extinct... the owners just don't want them on the website.
DSCJNKY

Do courses become "extinct" due to excessive garbage....

garbage = little and people

I've heard this about Bear Creek in DFW. Heard that it's getting so trashy (again...literal trash, but people as well) that they might do away with it.

I know of a private course that is temporarily shutdown due to people taking advantage of the owner's kindness. I guess it's definitely proper etiquette to ask the owner first if you're planning on putting it on the site.

^I played Knotty Pines, a private course in Winston-Salem, the other day. When I arrived the owner asked how I had heard about the course. I said, "I saw it on the website." He said, "the PDGA web site?" I said, "No, DGCR." He said, "What's that? I didn't put it on DGCR. I put it up on the PDGA site."

So then I explained about how DGCR was way better than the PDGA site for finding courses and planning road trips. Then we went in his house and I showed him his courses page on DGCR and told him that if he became a member he could update the info, and upload photos, etc... I showed him all the greatness TimG has created... and then he was cool with it.

But, he might not have been.

So, I agree... we should not upload courses without the owners permission (Hence the situation with Area 74... RIP).
DSCJNKY

Latest posts