• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Course Videos

How do you feel about the video?

• Good, and it gives a feel for the course.

Votes: 24 85.7%
  • Good, but just for watching some discin'.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Yep, does nothing for me.

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
LOVE the roof shot. These videos are badass man. please keep making these!

the only 2 things i can think of to add would be like a red arrow that points to the basket location prior to you throwing. like a freeze frame of sorts. and if possible a white circle or some identifying object that points out the disc while heading to the tee after a drive

LOVE the roof shot. These videos are badass man. please keep making these!

the only 2 things i can think of to add would be like a red arrow that points to the basket location prior to you throwing. like a freeze frame of sorts. and if possible a white circle or some identifying object that points out the disc while heading to the tee after a drive

I just finished putting the red arrows on the baskets and then some hole notes as well, which you can turn off if you just want to watch the footage. I appreciate the comments, I'll hopefully get a couple more in the next few days.

Sweet turbo putt! In general, I think this is a great idea, I would love to see people do this for lots of different courses.

These videos are great. Keep up the good work man. Putting in a section for videos was my suggestion to timg in the bday giveaway. My buddy and I have been recording our rounds for a while now. We have video from most of the courses in our area, just have never done a lot with them, other than watch them to improve our form and such. Hopefully these videos show that it would be a great addition, and give me a chance to do something with the videos we have been shooting.

so, can you make those for all the courses? that is sweet. my question is if you are so good why don't i see you at the tournaments. you could be cleaning up!

awesome man, I've been looking to buy a camera now to do exactly this lol

so, can you make those for all the courses? that is sweet. my question is if you are so good why don't i see you at the tournaments. you could be cleaning up!

you see me at most of the tournaments! this was one of my best rounds though, i think taking my time setting up the camera and such helped me stay in my groove.

lol good video man....keep up the good work...kinda makes me want to do this at my local courses...but there are to many casuals to try and pull something like this off..plus not camera/tripod lol..yet

lol a 162' par 4...I think not. Although, the video did give me a good idea of the course. Those are the shortest 9 consecutive holes I've ever seen.

lol a 162' par 4...I think not. Although, the video did give me a good idea of the course. Those are the shortest 9 consecutive holes I've ever seen.

haha, tell me about it. the whole course is like that, i just didnt film the back 9 since i wasnt sure how it was going to turn out. 18 is a par 5 thats only 260 feet.

I know I'm by far not the first person to do this, but I was checked out a new course the other day in Lorton, VA (Pohick Bay) and it's only about an hour away. After playing it, I wanted to go back to play a couple more rounds with a video camera since there are a few holes that are "aceable" and it wouldn't be a big deal to set up the camera at each hole. I ended up only recording 9 since I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out. The end result I thought was pretty good for a first time, but more importantly, thought that it could definitely help someone get a really good feel for the course. I was just wondering what everyone thought about having a link to a video of the course on the course's page, and on top of that, if the video seemed to help at all.

:: Here's the video ::

Appreciate the video, but in my point of view, Pohick is not worth the hour drive, especially with Giles Run being so close by. I guess if you like woods and tight fairways, it's ok, but honestly, Burke Lake, about 5 miles north on 123 is better, with much nicer baskets and tees.

haha, tell me about it. the whole course is like that, i just didnt film the back 9 since i wasnt sure how it was going to turn out. 18 is a par 5 thats only 260 feet.

Where did you get those pars? Everyone I know plays Pohick and Burke, for that matter as 54 courses. Hell, most of my friends even play Giles Run (a true championship caliber course) as a 54.

That sounds like a great idea to get a better felll for the course. It will be interesting to see if Tim is up for this. I know that he could make it happen with the snap of his fingers. But if not, pictures are still great.

I know that drum loop at 2:33. Anyway. Great video. Good editing. Good music. Thanks for posting.

Where did you get those pars? Everyone I know plays Pohick and Burke, for that matter as 54 courses. Hell, most of my friends even play Giles Run (a true championship caliber course) as a 54.

The pars came from the course signs itself, and the par listed on this site. Not the "pro par", but just the regular par. In my opinion, I play the pars listed on the course no matter how ridiculous it might be, and just use my overall stroke score to compare on course to another.