• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

COVID-19 Course Closures

Effin' Covidiots gonna ruin this for all of us...
:mad: :wall: :mad: :wall: :mad: :wall:

North Carolina is in a state wide stay-at home order. We would prefer if you obey the order when in our state.

If he's not from NY or New Orleans, he can go wherever he likes as far as I'm concerned. He's not being any worse than 99% of the US population. :|

Why only NY or NO? That time bomb's ticking everywhere.

Agreed. I look at it as nobody wants to be stuck at home. The sooner everyone stays at home, the sooner things will normalize and we can play all the disc golf we want.

Here in Charlotte, local officials are now asking/encouraging people to report people breaking the stay-at-home policy. Finally I can complain about my neighbors and it's viewed as a positive.

Lake Marshall in Montross, VA has been closed with the following message.

Courses CLOSED until April 14th.
Upon re-opening there will be guidelines in place, until July 10th

Riverview in North Augusta, SC, has had its baskets pulled. Crooked Creek in Chapin, SC, is closed.

Stoney Hill (private) is under review.

At this point, it's probably easier to say what's open.

Probably better to just say, "Disc golf is closed".

Some courses here have signs on 1st tee saying to follow guidelines or baskets will be pulled.

What's the over/under on when the baskets get pulled?

There have been some pulled in the tri-state area. Others are being watched. Less and less people are posting on Facebook about playing or show they are playing solo.

Ohio Gov is being recognized for being the best Gov in the USA in regard to the virus, he shut down a huge weight lifting competition all the way back on March 2nd, so we're a bit a head of this than other spots in the country. He has always said we need to get out to the parks but he also knows there have been problems. New guide lines are coming out in a day or two about the parks. It was mentioned today but nothing new announced for parks.

tldr: I didn't answer the question, maybe a week.

Cincinnati furloughed 1700+ city employees starting Monday so if Mt Airy is getting pulled it will be this week.

Cincinnati furloughed 1700+ city employees starting Monday so if Mt Airy is getting pulled it will be this week.

Yeah, at some point, public course closures may come down to amount of maintenance threadbare staffs can do.

Maryland has banned recreational boating; probably due to fact that rec boating becomes a social thing but also might be matter of staffing water patrols, fish and wildlife, etc.

Westside DGC in Dalton, Ga., has a sign saying the course is CLOSED and reports are the baskets are covered up. Status updated on DGCR.

As of 4-1 Hiller Park and Brickyard Bayou in Biloxi and Gulfport, respectively, were still open.....

As unbelievable as this may sound, the discers around here are following the guidelines.....

I played today at Brickyard Bayou, the course was fairly busy, but I saw no groups larger than 4, and they were
spread out over the entire course....and the folks within the groups themselves were staying apart from
one another. There were no bottlenecks or back ups that would cause folks to bunch up....
I saw a City of Gulfport truck roll through a few times checking to see if everyone was doing
as they were supposed to.....fortunately, they were....

BUT, as of Friday at 5 PM, Mississippi is going on lockdown....shelter in place, no moving about, all non essential
businesses must close....which, in effect, closes all the courses around here.....

I guess I will be doing a lot of putting practice in the backyard for the next several weeks...and believe me,
I certainly could use it, my putting has been horrible lately....in fact, I haven't thrown that well, this entire year,
so far.....

The over-reaction is getting annoying.

I used to think that as well, publicly I was in heated debates with locals at stores, etc, etc, then wtf.. all the deaths started. There is NO doubt now that the covid-19 virus is going to kill way more than the typical 40k per year that the regular flu does. The USA just had 1000 deaths in 1 day. So ...yah..I'd rather over react from this point on.

From DG Scene about Roscoe Ewing (and I'm sure it pertains to Sam Masi, too):
"I just got off the phone with the director from Medina Parks. Apparently yesterday there were several calls to Medina Police about gatherings of players at a disc golf course not adhering to social distancing. He told me that they don't want to have to, but if they continue to get similar calls or they see players congregating they will have not other option but to pull all the baskets.
Medina Parks wants to work with us to keep the course open (the director is heading out right now to post additional signs by some of the tee boxes), but ultimately this really comes down to us disc golfers:

* Don't play in groups larger than 4. (Just a twosome or a solo round even better).
* Even if a small group, don't gather together at tee boxes. Maintain 6 foot separation.
* Self-police. If you see another group not adhering to social distancing rules, tell them to break it up.(especially if new player/not as connected to our community). Better that disc golfers break it up and promote good behavior than have it called in.
* Follow other PDGA recommendations for safe play. Only handle your own disc, don't contact other players, etc.
* Doubles league is suspended. Please don't try to replicate it with scrambles etc... it increases the likelihood of group gatherings and violations of other items listed above that could get the baskets pulled."

Mt Airy closed for at least a month.
Cincinnati Parks @CincyParks

⚠️ #CincyParks basketball courts🏀 & disc golf courses🥏 will close on April 3 at 5pm. Tennis🎾 & volleyball🏐 courts will remain closed🚫.
Our parks remain open, but we must limit places that invite crowds. Following these rules is the only way to ensure our parks stay open.

From DG Scene about Roscoe Ewing (and I'm sure it pertains to Sam Masi, too):

I honestly don't think any of it matters. I have come to the conclusion that the few covidiots left violating all rules, simply are not bright enough to get it, or just don't give a ****. No signs, discussions, rules or deaths are going to make any impact on this group. Close them all now, before irreparable damage is done to the relationships with the parks. :wall: :mad: :wall: :(

Latest posts