• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

Is the Stalker now OOP? I can't find the Stalker on the main page, not the wholesale page but the main page.

That would be very disappointing. One of my most used molds. I've got a healthy collection to hold me over for the next 5 years at least so no worries on my end.

I thought it interesting that Discraft didn't have Paul try any for his Jomez 'build a bag'. Yet there was a Zombee in his hands. They put the Crush (great mold) OOP so it's possible.

Maybe we'll get lucky & see a run of Ledgestone ESP's..

That would be very disappointing. One of my most used molds. I've got a healthy collection to hold me over for the next 5 years at least so no worries on my end.

I thought it interesting that Discraft didn't have Paul try any for his Jomez 'build a bag'. Yet there was a Zombee in his hands. They put the Crush (great mold) OOP so it's possible.

Maybe we'll get lucky & see a run of Ledgestone ESP's..

Yeah that is Disappointing to me too but then if this is true Discraft does not have a speed 7 disc in same realm as a Stalker and XL mold right now, they have a Premium disc that is almost a midrange driver like disc 6 speed Zombee and a Pro D Cyclone though I never saw that on the Discraft site simply due to them not selling Pro D for Drivers on their site, on par with Innova in the regular production run discs. It could be the Stalker did not sell well due to it having a small bead or that Paul ordered a retool to get rid of the Small bead on the Stalker thus having a XL like disc again that is flippy unless you have the disc in ESP. If the disc is just out of Stock then I get that, Discraft seems they are doing much better on keeping up to date with the site, like Innova does with the Innova Pro Shop.

Is the Stalker now OOP? I can't find the Stalker on the main page, not the wholesale page but the main page.

Yes. Last year. Which is a very poor choice. The Stalker is one of the greatest fairway drivers ever made. Just for kicks and giggles I put together a Discraft bag last fall and was very disappointed to see how hard it was to get my hands on any new Stalkers. I have 1 TI and 1 Z-Flydye. The TI is grass green and we all know how flydye camouflages. I was quite disappointed. The XL is a decent replacement, but it's not the same. Stalkers are magic.

I saw some Glo Stalkers still up on amazon. It is funny how they choke out / limit the plastic choices on some great molds. Ledgestone is going to be doing a limited run of ESP Cyclones for 2019 which i thought to be interesting.

Also with Paul saying he is going to bag a drone makes for interesting speculation seeing as they culled it to basically being only available in Big-Z. I wonder if they will start producing it in other premium plastics again?

Yeah, several local stores still have some Stalkers. There's a store close by that has an amazing used selection. I'm going to try to find a blue TI Stalker or hope for some grippy Z.

Yes. Last year. Which is a very poor choice. The Stalker is one of the greatest fairway drivers ever made. Just for kicks and giggles I put together a Discraft bag last fall and was very disappointed to see how hard it was to get my hands on any new Stalkers. I have 1 TI and 1 Z-Flydye. The TI is grass green and we all know how flydye camouflages. I was quite disappointed. The XL is a decent replacement, but it's not the same. Stalkers are magic.

XLs went OOP in 2017, but I don't think Stalkers did...regardless, they brought them back this year:
https://www.team.discraft.com/discs/Stalker

The "the-discs" page might eventually be the starting point when you visit Discraft's disc golf site. I'm hoping it will at least be easier to find. I think they're still polishing it. Looks great so far:
https://www.team.discraft.com/the-discs

Yeah, several local stores still have some Stalkers. There's a store close by that has an amazing used selection. I'm going to try to find a blue TI Stalker or hope for some grippy Z.

I've got a blue/purple Ti, and have been debating throwing it.

Yes. Last year. Which is a very poor choice. The Stalker is one of the greatest fairway drivers ever made. Stalkers are magic.

I was so bummed when they stopped making Glo Z's. I made sure to stock up before it was too late. Really my go-to on the course.

If it's true, I would bet Paul has plans to design something similar with his name on it.

Attachments

• IMG_20190115_185158.jpg
    IMG_20190115_185158.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 71
i tryed a 164g Z Undertaker and it was so close to the 175g Z STALKER i had so i took the STALKER out of the bag

i tryed a 164g Z Undertaker and it was so close to the 175g Z STALKER i had so i took the STALKER out of the bag

I have a 168 z 'taker in the bag that knocked stalkers out too (in combination with the mantis). They power down really well, remind me of a slower pPD in that sense.

MAGNET, ROACH and LUNA all have the Discraft rating of 0.0

But then the MAGNET 2,3,-1,1. . .ROACH have 2,4,0,1. . . and LUNA 3,4,0,2 flight numbers

So way different flight numbers . .but all have 0,0 ?! . .looking at the flight numbers 0,0 . .0,5 and 1,0 would be more logical

MAGNET, ROACH and LUNA all have the Discraft rating of 0.0

But then the MAGNET 2,3,-1,1. . .ROACH have 2,4,0,1. . . and LUNA 3,4,0,2 flight numbers

So way different flight numbers . .but all have 0,0 ?! . .looking at the flight numbers 0,0 . .0,5 and 1,0 would be more logical

Maybe that's what they used to be. You're kinda comparing apples and oranges here being that they are two different flight number systems that are evaluated differently. Also keep in mind the way these numbers are derived is by a bunch of people going out into a field and tossing a bunch of discs of the same mold...It's subjective.

So I have two buzzz's that are from pdga 2017 ace club and 2018 birdie club. Can someone confirm what the plastic used for these discs? I'm guessing elite x but never intentionally owned discs made of that plastic so wanting some verification.

Thanks!

Maybe that's what they used to be. You're kinda comparing apples and oranges here being that they are two different flight number systems that are evaluated differently. Also keep in mind the way these numbers are derived is by a bunch of people going out into a field and tossing a bunch of discs of the same mold...It's subjective.

But discraft did putt both numbers on the discs. .

So why give the challenger 1,0 . . 2,3,0,2. . and LUNA very close in flight number at 2,4,0,2 . . but 0,0

I feel that if Discrafts own old numbers are the same. . the flight number should be close

So why give the challenger 1,0 . . 2,3,0,2. . and LUNA very close in flight number at 2,4,0,2 . . but 0,0

Erm. I answered that question in part

It's subjective.

Beyond that...who knows why they did that.

I think flight numbers are a good starting point. I don't recommend giving it more attention than that.

Yes numbers are subjective. . But I still think that if discraft want to putt both the old numbers system and the universal 4 number system on the discs . .they should match.

It's very confusing to give one disc a OS 4-number..and another a stable 4-number. . And finally give both the same discraft rating. . You can't say that one disc is OS and another just stable with the 4-number rating..and then say they have the same rating with the discraft rating

I think most of discraft old ratings numbers are accurate. . . They just did not do a very good job with the 4-numbers, many is way of and not even close to the discraft rating.

Latest posts