• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

^^You should probably just mark it down as one of life's mysteries and let it go, Jolt.

Luna is a tick more stable than the Roach, that's all the pertinent info I can offer.

I just think it's fun �� and interesting . . And a good discussion subject

Somebody at Discraft did decide to putt the OS 3,4,0,2 number on the disc . . . Then to just give it a neutral 0,0 discraft rating

And I do own a few magnets, a lot of roaches and one Luna and have thrown them all together

Anyone throwing the recent ESP Buzzz SS's? Are they stable right away or are they good for hyzer flips?

Anyone throwing the recent ESP Buzzz SS's? Are they stable right away or are they good for hyzer flips?

My 2018 Ledgestone SSs are still clean. Have you tossed those? I hyzerflip them around 20 degrees, and they flip flat out to around 300ish. Further and they'll drift right on me.

My 2018 Ledgestone SSs are still clean. Have you tossed those? I hyzerflip them around 20 degrees, and they flip flat out to around 300ish. Further and they'll drift right on me.

Never thrown an SS. Got one (ESP) arriving in the mail today. Giggiddy. Hoping it's what I'm looking for.

Never thrown an SS. Got one (ESP) arriving in the mail today. Giggiddy. Hoping it's what I'm looking for.

I love them as much as Buzzzes. They feel great in the hand. I bag a Z and an ESP, that are still about the same right now.

Meteor has more glide and will be flippier out of the box. SS is better for low ceiling shots, but doesn't get the same late turn that I can produce with a Meteor. Meteor also powers down better for me.

For me the Buzzz SS is to close to a Buzzz . . . a new SS flies like a just slightly beaten in Buzzz.

Meteor is more US but not as much as you might think . . i have started to throw Archer to have that more US slot

For me the Buzzz SS is to close to a Buzzz . . . a new SS flies like a just slightly beaten in Buzzz.

Meteor is more US but not as much as you might think . . i have started to throw Archer to have that more US slot

Exactly the conclusion I came to a long time ago. Glad I am not the only one. Another option that I like is a lighter Z FLX Buzzz. I also throw an Archer as well. Sometimes throw a Stratus X when I want that really redonkulous understable option - which can be a ton of fun to throw if you do it right.

Exactly the conclusion I came to a long time ago. Glad I am not the only one. Another option that I like is a lighter Z FLX Buzzz. I also throw an Archer as well. Sometimes throw a Stratus X when I want that really redonkulous understable option - which can be a ton of fun to throw if you do it right.

A 168g Z FLX Buzzz replaced my Buzzz SS. . . 168g Z FLX, 175g ESP and 177g CryZtal Buzzz covers most of my mid throws

The one disc i would like to try in that US slot is the DGA Tremor

When did Discraft start penning weights on discs? Is it just some of the 1st run McBeths? Did they just run out of stickers in the rush to get these out the door?

I think the roach is going to keep its spot over the Luna. Something about the Luna just doesn't feel quite right in my hand. They drive very similarly and the roach seems to stay in the air a bit easier on putts which will help on longer putts. I wouldn't mind if they made a roach in a firmer plastic though. I would still like it to be a little tackier though as I still found the Luna's to be a little slick on my hands.

It seems to me that Paul is one of those guys that prefers baseline or middle level plastic for mids and putters, particularly the putters. I wonder if he'll start to use some X, but it looks like he jumped straight to jawbreaker and similar plastic right off the bat. I think he would do okay with the Roach except that he would need it in Big Z.

When did Discraft start penning weights on discs? Is it just some of the 1st run McBeths? Did they just run out of stickers in the rush to get these out the door?

I've had a number of weights inked onto Discraft discs, so it's not too surprising. I don't know the rhyme or reason though. Off the top of my head, I can think of at least one Buzzz, Surge, Nuke, and Challenger. I'm too lazy to go look for more.

I think the roach is going to keep its spot over the Luna. Something about the Luna just doesn't feel quite right in my hand. They drive very similarly and the roach seems to stay in the air a bit easier on putts which will help on longer putts. I wouldn't mind if they made a roach in a firmer plastic though. I would still like it to be a little tackier though as I still found the Luna's to be a little slick on my hands.

Pretty much my decision as well. I find the Luna a touch more stable but it's pretty close. D Roach just feels a bit better to me for putting. They are close enough for throwing that it's not worth switching for me.

Latest posts