• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

both are overstable drivers

Thanks :) i don´t know if i want to throw them, the old Z plastic feels very soft and "milky"
I think they are over 20y old
I have thrown the PUTT`R against a Polecat. fun disc to just throw

Thanks :) i don´t know if i want to throw them, the old Z plastic feels very soft and "milky"
I think they are over 20y old
I have thrown the PUTT`R against a Polecat. fun disc to just throw

there isnt a high demand for resale value

i have seen some of the 4 point discs crack but not too many

if they are already thrown you might as well field test em ;)

I might try them, i like that smaller rim size. . and Discraft dont really have any OS Speed 7-8 today

which one of Reaper/ Xtra that is the more "loved" or the "better disc" ? . .what i can see both are very OS speed 7-8 disc

I might try them, i like that smaller rim size. . and Discraft dont really have any OS Speed 7-8 today

which one of Reaper/ Xtra that is the more "loved" or the "better disc" ? . .what i can see both are very OS speed 7-8 disc

depends who you talk to

tbh neither were loved lolz

I would say that I probably hear more people reminisce about the Reaper than the Xtra.

I myself threw Reapers back in the day, so I may just be bias, but I do see people asking about them / looking for them from time-to-time. Never hear anyone talk about the Xtra.

I would say that I probably hear more people reminisce about the Reaper than the Xtra.

I do see people asking about them / looking for them from time-to-time. Never hear anyone talk about the Xtra.

agreed

The Z Xtra is an overstable utility disc similar to CE FLs (the discontinuation of these created a temporary demand for this disc). It has a little less speed and more glide. It doesn't fly real far and isn't as reliable of a meathook as more popular OS utility discs.

The Reaper was a distance driver in it's day. Discraft's longest thrown driver at the time was the XS, and the Reaper was like a faster and more overstable version.

Can't remember which but Thugnificient loved him some Reaper (or Talon). RIP Thuggy

giphy.gif

Thuggy liked the reaper and loved those Big Z's that were release 2 or 3 years ago.

You can find plenty of folks on here who loved Reapers, and I bet you could sell that for $30 or more if it's in decent shape, and more if in max weight. That "milky Z" tends to fly real nice. I keep buying SP and Pro Tsunamis, all in the hope of replacing a single shaky Z old mold Predator from early 2000s. OS molds in seasoned premium plastic are magic.

I have an elite Z Reaper from circa 2005. Unfortunately I left it in the trunk of my car in 1 billion degree Texas heat for a whole summer and it lost all its meathook tendencies.

What is OG blend jawbreaker? Is it any different other than the appearance?

Supposed to be a bit more firm than regular Jawbreaker. Austin Turner talks about his OG Roaches & how they are stiffer.

Been wanting a stiffer blend Roach for a while now.

Supposed to be a bit more firm than regular Jawbreaker. Austin Turner talks about his OG Roaches & how they are stiffer.

Been wanting a stiffer blend Roach for a while now.

I think all players that use the plastic want a Stiffer Jawbreaker for putters and some mid or a Rubber Jawbreaker blend same as the Luna that does not turn into a sticky noodle in temps over 100 F and over 90 F is a noodle. That is unless you live in an lucky area that does not normally get above 85 F ever in the summer.

Last edited:
IDK about Luna, but Photon Glow Magnets are nice. Stiff enought, I think. So bring this plastic back in production.

I have one Photon Glow disc, a Challenger. I do like the stiffness of it, but that plastic is slick. I like relatively slick plastic, but that Photon Glow was slick even for me. Maybe it seasons in well.

And I agree with the general sentiment of several posts here: DC needs to make a very firm plastic for those of us that prefer that. :popcorn:

And I agree with the general sentiment of several posts here: DC needs to make a very firm plastic for those of us that prefer that. :popcorn:

If a smaller company like Prodigy can do it there's no reason Discraft can't. 350g is the best firm putting plastic I've used. Discraft needs something similar.

I used to like the old CamTodd challengers, wasn't a fan of the newer CrazyTuff blend. After enough years of replacing pro d frequently I ended up with wizards because of how much I like gateway's firm (or whatever they're calling it now) baseline

Latest posts