• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

Crank ss is a underrated disc imo. Max distance hyzer flip turnover machine. The turnover is nice and slow coming out of the hyzer. I'm throwing ti plastic so hopefully it will stay this way for me for a while.

Crank ss is a underrated disc imo. Max distance hyzer flip turnover machine. The turnover is nice and slow coming out of the hyzer. I'm throwing ti plastic so hopefully it will stay this way for me for a while.

Yeah, it seems like the Crank SS never really got any love. I still bag two. Anybody else?

Thinking of snagging one, reg Crank wasn't what I thought.

I bag a old esp Crank for flat back hands that will go straight and have a small fade at the end. I don't throw either Crank or Crank ss on windy days. They become to unpredictable unless I have a massive tail wind on those days.

Do we know release dates for tour series yet? Probably end of March, if the timing is similar to last year. I really would like to get my hands on ESP Stalkers (to pair with the newly readily available cryztal)

Also, what are Paige's sig line discs? Stalker, Fierce, Sol...isn't there 2 more?

Discrafts 2020 tour and signature discs all looks to have HUGE stamps. . i don´t mind stamps, as long as they stay om the bottom of the disc ;)

I bag a old esp Crank for flat back hands that will go straight and have a small fade at the end. I don't throw either Crank or Crank ss on windy days. They become to unpredictable unless I have a massive tail wind on those days.

Love my old beat in Crank ESP. And agree I don't throw it in a headwind.

Crank/Crank SS is the straight to under stable side of my bag, distance wise. I also bag Punisher/Machete and will toss in a force for a particularly windy long course.

Anyone who bags a Crank should give the Crank SS a shot. It's great for late turn, uphill and tailwind distance. I found the first run Z and Ledgestone Ti to be the most under stable. This may have turned a lot of people off. Maybe give the newer run a try. It feels just like a Crank with a lower parting line.

Crank/Crank SS is the straight to under stable side of my bag, distance wise. I also bag Punisher/Machete and will toss in a force for a particularly windy long course.

Anyone who bags a Crank should give the Crank SS a shot. It's great for late turn, uphill and tailwind distance. I found the first run Z and Ledgestone Ti to be the most under stable. This may have turned a lot of people off. Maybe give the newer run a try. It feels just like a Crank with a lower parting line.

I hated the Crank SS I threw. It is SOOOOOO understable. I was throwing it on the steepest hyzer I could manage, and it was still turning and burning hard. The only possible uses I could see for a Crank SS are rollers and drives in extreme downwind conditions.

On paper a Crank SS seems like a good idea. Discraft made this thing too flippy. Once it flips it doesn't come back either. No late fade.

Mine flies about 12, 5, -5, 1. It makes a Shryke seem beefy.

I hated the Crank SS I threw. It is SOOOOOO understable. I was throwing it on the steepest hyzer I could manage, and it was still turning and burning hard. The only possible uses I could see for a Crank SS are rollers and drives in extreme downwind conditions.

On paper a Crank SS seems like a good idea. Discraft made this thing too flippy. Once it flips it doesn't come back either. No late fade.

Mine flies about 12, 5, -5, 1. It makes a Shryke seem beefy.

Was it a first run or ledgestone? Those are pretty much as you describe. My point is that the newer run is significantly different.

Hard to hear but i think Paul said in the Brodie live stream that all his Sig. disc will be out in a Big-Z run in 2020

Crank

Was it a first run or ledgestone? Those are pretty much as you describe. My point is that the newer run is significantly different.

First run. Pretty much mint condition (not beat). It feels like throwing a coffee can lid. Its too flippy to be useful for anything.

I get that Paul wants his own line of discs, but it seems so silly to unveil a "Zeus SS" when there is a Crank SS,and Thrasher, seems like some overlap there. Same reason I didn't buy a Zeus, seems like the Force should suffice in that slot.

I just hate when companies have so many discs that overlap in similar speeds.

Seems to me, more new molds means less runs and possible discontinuation of others. I hope they don't OOP half my bag.

I am a fan but I haven't been particularly interested in any of Paul's molds so far.

I get that Paul wants his own line of discs, but it seems so silly to unveil a "Zeus SS" when there is a Crank SS,and Thrasher, seems like some overlap there. Same reason I didn't buy a Zeus, seems like the Force should suffice in that slot.

I just hate when companies have so many discs that overlap in similar speeds.

New disc sells. so Companys make more new discs . .

Latest posts