• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

To what part of your hand? The pad of the thumb?

I've seasoned ESPs that flip like Patriots, if we're talking Legacy.

Like, the Undertaker feels sharp, in a way that my Rivals did.

But this disc is much more overstable than I anticipated. Maybe I have a weird flashing/plh freaky one.

So my 2 Undertakers arrived today. Like the hand feel, have a quick question for ya'll:

Are undertakers pretty domey, generally speaking? Both of these are pretty domey. Not poppy, just a smooth dome. Definitely not flat. Make a nice deep heartbeat noise.

I wouldn't characterize them as a domey disc, not like an Innova Kite or DGA Sail. Mine have been consistent, barring LE runs (Ledgestone Glo Z's were flat, my 5x Ti is aproaching a Mantis level dome...)

Though, we probably have different definitions of "domey".

So my 2 Undertakers arrived today. Like the hand feel, have a quick question for ya'll:

Are undertakers pretty domey, generally speaking? Both of these are pretty domey. Not poppy, just a smooth dome. Definitely not flat. Make a nice deep heartbeat noise.

I have a 4x Mcbeth Ti Undertaker & ESP and their both fairly neutral with my Ti being slightly flatter. The 5x Mcbeth's I've seen have all been super domey. I usually either try to buy online from somewhere like OTB/Discbaron/Throwshop where I can see the Domey/Flatness.

Undertakers aren't really flat (except the PM 4x Ti) but I wouldn't say they are domey either. Pretty neutral, there is a dome but it's not like a pop top destroyer or anything.

Looks like Paul will bag the Buzzz SS in WACO, would be fun to hear why he likes the Buzzz SS over a beat Buzzz

Looks like Paul will bag the Buzzz SS in WACO, would be fun to hear why he likes the Buzzz SS over a beat Buzzz

likely because the esp buzzz's over the last couple of years have been so stable. Made sense for the open fairways at The Memorial. Now he's in the woods he needs more touch.

I thought I remember hearing an interview with him one time about not liking to carry seasoned discs too much, reason being that if you're leaning on one a lot and lose it you're in a bad spot, having discs that fly a certain way fresh takes some of that out of the equation.

Lost beat Buzzz is tougher to replace than a lost new Buzzz SS.

Posting this here in hopes DC runs some of their putters in this sexy, swirly DGA D line plastic. Feels awesome too, kinda firm, kinda grippy. Felt up some new Stone plastic too, a touch softer than others I've felt.

C'mon Discraft, I understand you're busy with social media and high priced specialty runs but give the little people a little something.

Attachments

• 00000IMG_00000_BURST20200312120049363_COVER.jpg
    00000IMG_00000_BURST20200312120049363_COVER.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 35
I bet they could slap a huge paige pierce stamp on there and sell them for $30 a pop.

I thought I remember hearing an interview with him one time about not liking to carry seasoned discs too much, reason being that if you're leaning on one a lot and lose it you're in a bad spot, having discs that fly a certain way fresh takes some of that out of the equation.

For me a beat Buzzz has more turn/fade than a new Buzzz SS that mostly goes straight
I have tried to have a beat and a new Buzzz in the bag, and it works. . but i think a new Buzzz SS/Buzzz combo is better

I bet they could slap a huge paige pierce stamp on there and sell them for $30 a pop.

$9.99 retail at the shop, Stones were $14.99. Strongly giving thought to trying the Steady BL just for the plastic options. Haven't seen any new JB Roaches on the shelf in quite a while.

For me a beat Buzzz has more turn/fade than a new Buzzz SS that mostly goes straight
I have tried to have a beat and a new Buzzz in the bag, and it works. . but i think a new Buzzz SS/Buzzz combo is better

Buzzz/Comet or Wasp/Comet would be even better.

This has always been my preferred approach but most people will tell you that their favorite disc is the one in their bag that could be mistaken for a dog toy. I don't get it. I don't like the feeling of a warped or chunked up disc. It made sense when we only had D plastic and limited molds but now we have Ti/Z and more molds than anyone could ever need.

I don't think the average player throws enough to cycle premium plastic. I know the pros do it but they play like five days a week, probably throw faster than you and they have ample opportunities to cherry pick for parting line/dome.

This has always been my preferred approach but most people will tell you that their favorite disc is the one in their bag that could be mistaken for a dog toy. I don't get it. I don't like the feeling of a warped or chunked up disc. It made sense when we only had D plastic and limited molds but now we have Ti/Z and more molds than anyone could ever need.

I don't think the average player throws enough to cycle premium plastic. I know the pros do it but they play like five days a week, probably throw faster than you and they have ample opportunities to cherry pick for parting line/dome.

Unless you have the older ESP from the era in 2009 to late 2017 or late 2018 is when ESP was made softer almost like a 3-5x more durable then X, not the 8-10x like the pre late 2007 ESP plastic. Yeah at one point ESP was a softer not durable plastic that if playing in a place that had bunch of trees/stiffer bushes or had a number of rocks in the area of the course, the discs would get chipped up just hitting one of those objects on the course, even hitting the basket could do this. Also tops of some ESP discs in this era of ESP could end up with a waffle top if it hit a tree just right or was molded up with a flat top and the mold was not supposed to have a flat top.

I currently bag a buzzz and a beat stratus. However the stratus is almost too beat so I'm thinking of getting either a new stratus or a meteor.

Question for the discraft nerds... Lol

I'm slowly beginning to enjoy throwing Discraft more and more, lately the Avenger SS in ESP. I played my local Ice Bowl and found that it was the perfect disc for my straight drives. That was at -20°C. The second round it was only -8°C and I noticed that it was Hyzer flipping into Narnia. I want a disc that will just flip to flat, and stay relatively straight on that flat line. Should I grab another Avenger SS in Z plastic for that extra stability or possibly disc up to the Thrasher? My average drives get me roughly 290-310

Thanks in advance!
Colin.

Latest posts