• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critique me

You start turning back early, so there's a timing issue coming back forward early. You should be turning backward until you planting and then you are so loaded/coiled you have no choice but to go forward. You get a bit flat footed on the rear foot and have extended your rear knee/leg before your weight transfers to the front leg, so there's little leverage behind the shot from the rear leg and you are swinging before your weight transfer. You also lean back(off balance) away from the target too far in the backswing, and not keeping everything inside the feet, stay more centered dynamically and turn rather than lean, stay off the rear heel and keep rear knee/hip flexed as you come down to plant.

I do start my reach back a little early but I don't come through early. I've synced my throw with many pros videos and if anything I come through a little late. Also I'm not sure what your talking about as in my back foot being flat. If your talking about my back leg being a little too straight I see that but as for my foot I don't see a problem. Thanks guys

I do start my reach back a little early but I don't come through early. I've synced my throw with many pros videos and if anything I come through a little late. Also I'm not sure what your talking about as in my back foot being flat. If your talking about my back leg being a little too straight I see that but as for my foot I don't see a problem. Thanks guys

Starting from the right, you have extended to the max already and your weight/spine is tipped over past your rear side brace point. You have over-heaved the backswing and your weight is over your rear heel. Everyone else has their spine braced against the inside of the rear leg and glides the front foot forward just above the ground. They are in a much more athletic position. If you were to be in a tug of war, they would just pull you over easily here.

The middle pic is everyone else's max extension point and the disc has not really moved much(Mcbeth's hasn't moved an inch) and you are already curling the disc in and the disc has already been accelerating a few feet before your front heel even plants. Note how centered everyone else is here with their spine more upright and both knees flexed(squeeze between the knees).

The last pic shows just before elbow extension. Note how their spine is angled toward the target and their spine is angled against the front foot with the hips further back. Your hips and shoulders are over the same point, so you aren't stopping/bracing your front hip. They all get the elbow closer to the front foot before the elbow extension and their rear knee is under the rear hip.

Nice examples! Im a visual guy so this is perfect. Ill get back out in the field and record some more towards the end of the week for review of progress. Thanks

So if you had to break it down my biggest problem is having my weight back and reaching back too early? I gotta work on one thing at a time or my brain freaks out haha

Last edited:
Olemiss...don't feel bad, your drive is alot better than mine. I received similar balance/weight transfer advice from sidewinder...was doing the same thing by leaning back, not turning back. Worked on it quite a bit today.

BTW Sidewinder, that pic is great, with the lines showing the angles.

Latest posts