• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critique My Bag! Fall 2013

Nightwalk25

Years playing/experience: 1 Year
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH only my flick is HORRIBLE
Golf Distance: Driver: Stag / Valk: 335' Avg Midrange: Buzz / Warship 275' Avg Putters: Wizard / Pure 175' with complete control

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: None
Other sport proficiencies?: Fishing ? Lol

What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: Curious to see what people think

Specific areas of desired feedback: Suggestions

Immediate and long-term goals: Working on getting my drives to the 400' mark

Bag:

14-8 Speed
--------------------
Westside | TP | Sword | 172 | Newer | Headwind Drives
Innova | Star | Wraith | 173 | Average | Kind of my go to on a bad day
Innova | Star | Huk Labs Avery Destroyer | 171 | 3 months | Spike Hyzers
Innova | Star | Valk | 173 | Beat | Hyzerflip main driver no wind
Innova | Star | Valk | 172 | Average | Slight head wind drives
Innova | Star | Valk | 173 | New | Headwinds S shots
Westside| TP | Stag | 173 | Average | Left fading 300+ feet shots

7-5 Speeds
-------------------
MVP | Nur | Volt | 167 | New | Fairway ups 275+ feet
Discraft | Z Glo | Stalker | 173 | Beat | Havnt used it a ton recently
Westside | Warship | 174 | New | Straight upshots / drives under 275'
Westside | Taurus | 173 | New | Left to right shots / Crazy Anhyzers
Innova | Roc3 | 176 | Average | Straight upshots dont like to use off tee
Discraft | Crystal Z | 179| Buzz | New | 270' drives that need a hair left at the end
Discraft | Z Glo | Buzz | 175 | Average | Slight s curve when thrown flat 250'
Innova | Champ | Shark3 | 177 | Average | Laser drives under 200'
Innova | Metal Flake Champ | Gator | 178 | New | MEAT HOOK

4-1 Speeds
----------------------
After going through I think like every putter ever made ive gone with...
Lat64 | Opto | Pure | 175 | New | Every shot thats within 75feet or right to left under 180' drives
Gateway | SS | Magic | 174 | Beat | Main putter
Gateway | S | Magic | 176 | Outside 30' to 45'
Gateway | Eraser 25 | Wizard | New | Wind Putter

Fairly solid job of bag construction. I like your putter lineup

You could probably drop:
-a magic
-the shark3 or new buzz and roc3
-stalker (if warship is that long for ya)

You could probably drop that Sword along with the Destoryer and pick up either a Firebird or Predator for a head-wind/spike hyzer disc. You could also probably drop the Wraith without missing it too much as well considering your Valk/Stag combo. If you ever felt the need to pick up something just a touch more overstable than your TP Stag, just pick one up in VIP.

Your mids (based on the descriptions given) look like they could be narrowed down to just the two Buzzzes and the Gator. The Buzzz can be used for all types of shots after you learn how to manipulate the angles.

The putter setup looks great. Why the different weights on the Magics?

You could probably drop that Sword along with the Destoryer and pick up either a Firebird or Predator for a head-wind/spike hyzer disc. You could also probably drop the Wraith without missing it too much as well considering your Valk/Stag combo. If you ever felt the need to pick up something just a touch more overstable than your TP Stag, just pick one up in VIP.

Your mids (based on the descriptions given) look like they could be narrowed down to just the two Buzzzes and the Gator. The Buzzz can be used for all types of shots after you learn how to manipulate the angles.

The putter setup looks great. Why the different weights on the Magics?

I have a friend that has a firebird and I just don't like it. My destroyer I have is insane overstable. I had a few locals recently throw it that have a 425 to 450' arm normally and it is a meat hook for them even.

Thats good to know about the stag though , I might actually do that and remove my Roc3. The stag I have now is great I use it a ton but there are a lot of times I wish it was slightly more overstable , I wonder if the same is true for the Taurus ? I love my Taurus but the more it gets beat in the more hyzer ive got to put on it to make sure the thing dosnt stall out and roll because it almost always rolls left away from where im throwing. Almost was thinking about buying a Buzz SS

Buzzs for turn over shots I just cant figure it out. Ive tried it so much , I was able to do it with a really really beat 3 year old Buzz pretty consistent but lost it on a water hole at the start of the year :(

Latest posts